Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

w00tMOBILE in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 06:39 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

I know you've been very excited about this! Congrats!!!! Please post pics and impressions Drive in the best of health!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:22 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

PTV and PDCC reviews!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:38 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

w00tMOBILE has just landed this morning at the dealership. Sales manager says it looks stunning and he also openly states that I am absolutely craaaazy to have optioned it out the way I have. This is their first JBM ext and E/C interior combo. Can't wait for Sunday which is the earliest I can go and pick her up. Thank you for all the support and positive comments guys. I luv ya all.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:51 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bravo Amar, can't wait to see pics Are you coming to the installation dinner this weekend?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:59 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Craig, I can't make it for the installation dinner this Saturday as I am headed to Portland on Saturday to take delivery on Sunday. I would love to meet you some time soon.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:13 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

I know you'll have an enjoyable time in Portland Perhaps this year's wine tour
Old 01-19-2011, 08:11 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Was at the dealership yesterday getting some wiper blades and saw a not speed yellow pi.. uh truck. Looked nice. I had to double check your first post to see if it was yours-nope. You should have a nice drive home though.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:43 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Just spoke to the sales manager. I am having the dealer install my 18 inch tire/wheel/TPMS set up tomorrow and not touch anything other than what has to be removed for the PDI. I will wash, clay bar and wax the car once I drive it back home and then having one of the best clear-bra installers in the PNW (he has done all my cars) do the front of the vehicle next week. Even for the drive back I am wrapping the front with http://www.buyroadwrap.com/ to offer some protection from the elements this time of the year.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Blaine S
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Enjoy! There is nothing like unwrapping a new Porsche. Have fun.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:45 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just as a 2nd on that notion for the full wrap..........I put 50k miles on my 06 in between 06-07. It was apart of the job.

I have rock chips over the entire hood, so its worth it to cover as much as possible.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:28 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

I think Blaine is talking about unwrapping a brand new Porsche just after being delivered to the dealer. As you know they wrap everything inlcuding the interior. Cordsig, you are talking about wrapping the whole hood for protection against raod rash and rock chips.... as in this picture of my C4S. As you can see my craziness has no limits: Wrapped the entire car in PPF (paint protection film)
Attached Images  
Old 01-20-2011, 12:34 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
I think Blaine is talking about unwrapping a brand new Porsche just after being delivered to the dealer. As you know they wrap everything inlcuding the interior. Cordsig, you are talking about wrapping the whole hood for protection against raod rash and rock chips.... as in this picture of my C4S. As you can see my craziness has no limits: Wrapped the entire car in PPF (paint protection film)
The wrapping at the dealer and reveal is neat and fun, I was awkward about mine..........they have a glass room they put it in after a full detail and ask you to stand in a certain spot then drive it out like, here you go.......uh ok .

I definitely would recommend the full wrap too!! Even if the film shows wear, its still awesome for resell and preservation.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:03 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have always been very skeptical of the PPF. Guys where I detail my P!G (Detailing Dynamics, come with highest of recommendations, btw) mentioned doing this for the upcoming CTT and while it sounds very, very appealing, I've seen a few cars where this sticks out like a sore thumb and takes away from the car/color. Has the PPF technique improved drastically over the years or I've just been unlucky to catch a few badly done ones?
Old 01-20-2011, 01:37 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

Very exciting. I'm seeing a bump in the number of new Cayenne's with paper dealer plates on them on the road. Looks like people are finally getting their deliveries.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:51 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Has the PPF technique improved drastically over the years or I've just been unlucky to catch a few badly done ones?
Absolutely yes on both counts.

Key ingredients include

1. Proper technique (ie experienced installers) : To avoid razor cuts on the paint, unprotected areas, irregular overhanging edges (making it a nidus for dirt to collect)

2. High quality film ( Ventureshield, XPEL or 3M). I am sure there are some other good ones. I have VS and I love the optical clarity. Very little distortion of the paint's look especially with certain colors.

3. Most important is how you take care of it. If you regularly apply a sealant (seals the pores) every three months and wash your car regularly (and not sit on dirt caking over the film for weeks) then there is very little chance that dirt works through the pores of the film which is the number one cause why they fade and yellow over time (which will show more on certain colors especially white). Here is a picture of my C4S one year after the entire car is wrapped in PPF. You can see how a well maintained PPF holds...agreed it's just one year but still you have to take into account that I park it at work without a cover or carport.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: w00tMOBILE in the USA