w00tMOBILE in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 02:33 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts
Default w00tMOBILE in the USA

Just got this email from my dealer:

"Hope you are doing well and enjoyed the holidays! Your Cayenne has arrived at the Port of Brunswick in Georgia. Typically our cars are shipped into San Diego but your Cayenne went to Brunswick, I have had other Cayenne's shipped into Brunswick recently. I believe we should be able to deliver your in the third week of January. If you are financing I can email you a credit application"

Here is my order:

Cayenne S Tiptronic

2T Jet Black Metallic
VB 2-toneNaturLthrEspresso/Cognac
0M1 Extended Range Fuel Tank
2ZH Heated3-spokeMultifuncLeathrSW
4X4 Side Airbags rear
1D6 TrailerCouplw/o RemovBallJoint
3FU Panorama Roof System
1BK AirSusp-Selflvl&HeightAdj-PASM
1NP WheelHbCvr w/ColorPorscheCrest
1Y1 PTV Plus
6GB WheelArchExt-SideDoorProtMould
3S1 RoofRails w/Mouldings-Aluminum
6A7 Fire Extinguisher
9JA Non-smoker Package
8T3 Adaptive Cruise Control
9VJ Burmester®HighEndSurrSoundSyst
PE6 18-way Adapt Sprt Seat-Mem Pkg
HT0 Summer Performance Tires for 2
QV4 XM Radio
9AH 4-zone Climate Control
0NA Deletion of Model Designation
CP5 20" RS Spyder Design Wheel
VW5 Thrm&NoiseInsulatGls w/PrivGls
PU3 Premium Package Plus
8EA Bi-Xenon Headlights with PDLS
4L6 Auto Dimming Interior Rearview
6XT Automatically Dimming Exterior
7T1 PCM with Navigation Module
7Y1 Lane Change Assist (LCA)
7X8 ReverCamera-ParkAssisFrontRear
3Y8 ElecRollupSunblindRearSideWind
7B6 12-Volt Outlet in Rear Center
9MB Dimmable Interior LED Lighting
4A4 Heated Seats Front and Rear
4D3 Seat Ventilation Front
QH1 Voice Control
QR1 Compass Display on Instr Panel
0AW PDCC
4GG Heated Windscreen Privacy Glss

Needless to say I am very excited. I got a great deal on a used 18 inch winter tire/wheel set up and have already ordered the TPMS sensors to go with it, clear side markers and all-weather mats with the 20% off coupon from Porsche in Dec 2010.

A couple of questions: Anybody got a better rate than 2.9% on financing (other than those with armed forces connection coz I know they can get 1.9%) and how many went with clear-bra. Is so just half the hood or entire hood ?
Old 01-04-2011, 02:44 PM
jrams31
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice build! Congrats! I can't help with your questions but do you know how long it took to get to Georgia? Mine shipped on the 23rd of Dec and is supposed to arrive in Rhode Island sometime soon I hope.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:45 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woot... That is a sick build sheet.... Hooly Shmolly.... You are really going to enjoy that truck,,,

PS-- I wouldn't sweat the rate too much... 1 point is like 20 bucks a month...
Old 01-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Helios59
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

Congratulations, Amar!

Porsche should give you a volume discount!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:03 PM
gaurang
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats! Where did you get the 2.9 rate from? BofA has that rate available but I am looking for something better as well.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:10 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I would go with clear bra. Mirrors and 1/3 up the hood.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm not financing and no clear bra planned so can't help there, but great news on the arrival of your CS, w00t! It will be a long three weeks but at least it's in the States. Congrats!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:32 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

The heated wheel is decadent...
Old 01-04-2011, 05:29 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 206 Posts

Nice w00t, was just thinking if our orders were shipmates, as the vessel I was tracking did stop in Brunswick and went on to Houston. My order currently has the status of INTRNST, can't seem to find that code on the list I have, but my guess it means in transit? Anyhow, the dealer did say mine should arrive on or before the 25th, though I will also have to wait for it to be shipped to me in Vegas. I'd bet that your CS will be the most heavily optioned CS out there!

I too was wondering about the clear bra. 2.9% sounds pretty competitive, but haven't shopped much for rates as I'm not financing mine, either.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:41 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats Amar, that's a great build sheet. Going through Gee?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Designer
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats and very nice build. It's going to be a long 3 weeks.

I have and recommend full hood and leading edge of roof Clear Bra. You will see the seam on 1/3 hood -- particularly on black.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Vino
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Auto dimming mirror is still an option?

As for clear bra, tough call, it's nice to see a polished painted hood without defects. I have yet to see a clear bra look good after 4 years in terms of not being swirled specially when you brush snow off of it. I would do partial hood if you are very picky and take good care of the car.
If you are going to sell it in 5 or 6 years and plan on going from state to state year round, do the full hood/fenders then peel it off when you go sell it

As for rates, I think 2.9% is OK. Have you looked at what your bank will give you in terms of a HELOC, you can at least deduct the % all or partial depending on your tax bracket. Talk to your CPA.

Looks like a great car, must be like 2 pages for the options list..crazy!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:29 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jrams31
Nice build! Congrats! I can't help with your questions but do you know how long it took to get to Georgia? Mine shipped on the 23rd of Dec and is supposed to arrive in Rhode Island sometime soon I hope.
It took 1 week from build completion to be loaded on the vessel and then 16 days to get to Georgia. I do not know how long from the port of Brunswick to my dealer in the west coast.

Originally Posted by rome
Woot... That is a sick build sheet.... Hooly Shmolly.... You are really going to enjoy that truck,,,

PS-- I wouldn't sweat the rate too much... 1 point is like 20 bucks a month...
Thanks Rome. Good to know that 1 point is only 20 bucks a month.

Originally Posted by Helios59
Congratulations, Amar!

Porsche should give you a volume discount!

Happy New Year!
Thanks Ray, ya right Porsche giving a volume discount ... U R kidding right. I want my $$$ back on the crazy plastic (ie extended wheel arch) option. I also was charged twice for the 14-way to 18-way seat upgrade since 14-way charge was already part of the PP package and I paid full price for the 18-way in addition. Plus rear side airbags in now standard and not an option.

Originally Posted by gaurang
Congrats! Where did you get the 2.9 rate from? BofA has that rate available but I am looking for something better as well.
BoA.

Originally Posted by pdxjim
I would go with clear bra. Mirrors and 1/3 up the hood.
pdx, I am debating between 1/3 vs full hood. What did U do on yours. How prone is the other 2/3rd of the hood to rock chips. On a 911 it is a no-brainer one needs to do the full hood but with the Cayenne's height advantage, I would guess that one needs to wrap only the front 1/3rd of the hood along with the usual (like front bumper/side mirrors).

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I'm not financing and no clear bra planned so can't help there, but great news on the arrival of your CS, w00t! It will be a long three weeks but at least it's in the States. Congrats!
Mike, I do a lot of mountain pass travel, plus where I live they use loose gravel (and not salt) for traction. So no clear-bra is not an option for me.

Originally Posted by Scott C
The heated wheel is decadent...
Recently spent some wheel time on an X5 that had this option. Sublime IMO.

Originally Posted by slwong23
Nice w00t, was just thinking if our orders were shipmates, as the vessel I was tracking did stop in Brunswick and went on to Houston. My order currently has the status of INTRNST, can't seem to find that code on the list I have, but my guess it means in transit? Anyhow, the dealer did say mine should arrive on or before the 25th, though I will also have to wait for it to be shipped to me in Vegas. I'd bet that your CS will be the most heavily optioned CS out there!

I too was wondering about the clear bra. 2.9% sounds pretty competitive, but haven't shopped much for rates as I'm not financing mine, either.
slwong, it took 8 days from date of build completion to be loaded on the vessel and then 16 days to reach port of Brunswick in Georgia. Now from there to my dealer on the road ... the wait will be painful.

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
Congrats Amar, that's a great build sheet. Going through Gee?
Thanks Craig. Gee were great to work with and offered the same discount but Sunset imports had a 2010 build slot (their last one for the year) hence went with them.

Originally Posted by Designer
Congrats and very nice build. It's going to be a long 3 weeks.

I have and recommend full hood and leading edge of roof Clear Bra. You will see the seam on 1/3 hood -- particularly on black.
I agree and is probably why I would go with full hood.

Originally Posted by Vino
Auto dimming mirror is still an option?

As for clear bra, tough call, it's nice to see a polished painted hood without defects. I have yet to see a clear bra look good after 4 years in terms of not being swirled specially when you brush snow off of it. I would do partial hood if you are very picky and take good care of the car.
If you are going to sell it in 5 or 6 years and plan on going from state to state year round, do the full hood/fenders then peel it off when you go sell it

Looks like a great car, must be like 2 pages for the options list..crazy!
Yes that Porsche for you ... charging for rear wipers (on 911), wheels, auto dimming mirrors ..

My review of the order.

S vs Turbo: S has more than enough power for dailydriving. The extra $23 K delta for extra 100 bhp (that will not be put to use) was too much for me. Plus resale was not important to me. I will hopefully keep it for a looooong time. That was another reason why I did not want to compromise on several of the options.

Performance: I am spoilt by the driving dynamics of the C4S, hence had to go with the PASM, PDCC, PTV. People can argue that one will never drive a Cayenne on the street hard enough to take advantage of these options. I know that I made the right choice for me considering my driving style and the twisties on mountain passes that my p!g will encounter.

Ext/Int color combo: I am probably one of the biggest fans of natural leather. The look, feel and the way it ages over time...priceless. This is very important for someone like me who takes pride in keeping cars for a long time and maintaining them in such a way so that it looks showroom perfect despite all the miles that I put on it. Due to very limited two-tone option (ya..just one), had to do the espr/cognac and felt black would be the best exterior color option for that two-tone interior. Metallic black will hide swirl marks better than solid black, I would'nt want to be spending more time polishing paint than driving the car hence the JBM color. As far as the interior trim goes, I'm not a big fan of wood circles/rings (always associated it with luxury cars like Lexus/MB) and the aluminium with the chrome trim just wasn't cutting it. Felt that the stock black high gloss trim (some people think it looks cheap and plasticky...I did'nt think so) will complement the two tone and will blend well with black dials and black seatbelts.

Wheels: Going with a 18 inch winter wheel/tire package (bought is used at a greatprice) hence took the 20 inch route for a good balance between performance, looks and comfort. Heard that tire options for 19 inch wheels are far and few and that is another reason for my 20 inch wheel. RS is the best looking 20 inch wheel, love the titanium like look rather than the usual silver. The 21 inch turbo wheel is the best looking IMO but it comes at a price (both initial price as it is forged) and subsequent cost of tire replacement.

Other options: The frills only option here was the compass (just had to get it for the looks) and the WheelHbCvr w/ColorPorscheCrest. Wanted it fully loaded from a safety standpoint hence the LCA, back-up camera, parking sensors, fire extinguisher, adaptive cruise control. Four distinct seaons where I live summers very hot..winters very cold...hence the heated steering wheel, heated windscreen and ventilated seats, love sunshine hence the Pana roof, music is a big deal for my family/me and Burm which is nothing short of art for the ears. To complement the Burm went with XM satellite radio (since I travel quite a bit) and the noise insulated glass. Quite a bit of rough roads hence road noise is an issue for me. Voice control is for my wife to show off when he relatives visit her so it is worth the extra $. I do feel that I wasted $$ on the wheel arch extension/side door protection mold but I made up for it by not going with any interior trim option

Again thanks to everyone here. As much as all the research I did (reading borchures, over the counter car magazines, Christophorus magazines, youtube videos/searched Porsche dealer websites in Germany/England for pictures of 2011 Cayennes) I could not have done my order without your help.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Jsonorous
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The w00tmobile looks amazing! I'm excited to see photos when you get it.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:08 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i hate you.

Quick Reply: w00tMOBILE in the USA