Sponsored by:

Spec'ing a 2011 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 141 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by AppleChilli
Mike, The exterior Umber did not suite my fancy; however, as w00t pointed out, the Umber interior will go very well with the Sand White exterior.

I've always been an admirer of the Umber, but for reasons unknown, when I saw it up close and in person on the 2011, it didn't do much for me. The Silver on my Acura did that to me a well; however, it was an expensive mistake on my part. I ended up trading it in mainly because of the Silver exterior, which on gloomy days and most ocassions always looked dirty, the fwd, lack of power, and the rattles...lesson learned. The Silver on the Cayenne is very desirable! And, from what I understand, it's not comparable to the alloy silver color on the Panamera, but still a nice Silver.

Back to the Umber exterior...in daylight (sunny) conditions, it reminded me of mud or sand, not standoutish nor offensive, just blah, boring (no offense to anyone with Umber). In retrospect, I believe that the choice of stock V6 18"s had a lot to do with it. Not that I'm into that sort of thing over anything else, but I saw an Umber with the Turbo II's at night and it was the total opposite in my opinion on the Umber exterior.

I guess that's it... If the exterior interior is done tastefully and to your liking, then it's going to be all roses; if not then back to the drawing board.

So far, the only colors that I wouldn't know what to do with (without exclusive or technique) are Green, Yellow, Amethyst (and you have to pay extra for it), and to some lessor extents mentioned above Umber.
Now I get it. I had forgotten there was an Umber exterior color and was confused by your comment. No, Umber exterior is not for me either, but I like the Umber interior.

Quick Reply: Spec'ing a 2011 Cayenne S