Sponsored by:

got one too, 2011 cayenne v6

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 12:15 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts
Default got one too, 2011 cayenne v6

Lease on my cayman was due in six months. Plan was to test drive a 2008 cayenne turbo and 2011 cayenne v6 and get one or something in between a few months later. Love the exterior of the 2008 turbo but I test drove it around town and on our heavily enforced freeways (stayed under 65mph) still expecting to be so smitten with the engine that I'd look over the nice new interior of the new cayenne.

Took a short drive in the base 2011 cayenne and that was it. For life as it is now, it's a good match. I didn't expect it to sound as sporty. Felt powerful enough for the type of roads I drive regularly. Everyone mentions how nice the interior looks but it's amazing how much more modern it feels compared to a 2008 cayman and cayenne. It's the little things: how the door chimes, the interior lighting, how a stupid map can be viewed on one of the five circular displays, the visual display that comes up when the front and rear parking sensors activate.

With three kids, a manual two seater my wife can't drive was getting less practical. I was able to turn my cayman in that needed a full set of new tires six months early and get the new cayenne with a tiny discount. I was also spending way too much time 'researching', fun, but costly in it's own way.

So here it is . . . only v6 at the dealer for the immediate taking. I would have exchanged the 14way seats for larger wheels but it did have the paddle shifters I really wanted. Don't think anybody has talked about the Panamera shaped keyfob so I included a couple pics. Love it so far. Need to figure out how to smoothly unluck the back doors as it seems to require multiple pushes of the keyfob and the interior unlock button is in the center control panel.
Attached Images        
Old 11-18-2010, 12:32 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

It's awesome! Enjoy! I agree with you, the interior is just great.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:50 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i had problems with unlock too, find any tricks yet (hold down? longer pushes multiple times?) i clicked like 5 times before the pass door and back doors unlocked.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:57 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 206 Posts

Very classic color combo. My Dec build will look very similar. Really like the standard black trim in the interior, looks sporty IMO. Congrats and enjoy!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:59 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

I'm going back to the dealer tomorrow and will ask about a possible way to reprogram the locking sequence . . . maybe even read the manual. Other thing I noticed is the auto-engine stop activates very easily. It's nice on longer stops but it does it in stop and go traffic. It the engine restart felt more seamless like it did on my 2006 civic hybrid I wouldn't mind. But upon start up it sounds just I'm firing up the engine after being parked. Just doesn't seem good for the battery.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:03 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

I don't know what to say. Your camera, the angles of each shot, perfect level of photoshop all do full justice to your beautiful Cayenne that is all bathed in Silver which is THE color of Porsche. Loving your 18 " wheels and sport steering wheel with real paddles. Congratulations and enjoy her safely. How are you liking the high gloss piano black trim. Does it look cheap by any stretch of imagination (as one of the members had suggested earlier in the year) ? Love your avatar BTW.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:28 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
I don't know what to say. Your camera, the angles of each shot, perfect level of photoshop all do full justice to your beautiful Cayenne that is all bathed in Silver which is THE color of Porsche. Loving your 18 " wheels and sport steering wheel with real paddles. Congratulations and enjoy her safely. How are you liking the high gloss piano black trim. Does it look cheap by any stretch of imagination (as one of the members had suggested earlier in the year) ? Love your avatar BTW.
Thanks! The interior trim color never crossed my mind. When I configured cayenne's online I don't remember seeing an option early on like they do with BMW, MB, and Land Rover sights asking what interior trim color you want. So I never thought of a wood colored trim. I like the black and chrome look. Not sure how it will hold up but it's a three year lease and if I miss having a small car, it may just have to hold up for less than that.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:52 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

what cam+lens.. looks like an 18mm or 20mm lens on maybe a proper canon/nikon body? i can't wait till my pepper comes to use my 14mm 2.8L in the car... get both doors with each shot.. LOL

these cars are just amazing, i thought i could manage to wait but every time i see one im like kid in candy store w/ diabetes (cant touch!)
Old 11-18-2010, 01:01 PM
eastnbull
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi everyone i just got my new cayenne too and couple times i had that locking issue from the button on the door. one time i had my phone and a key and for almost 2 minutes it drove me crazy i couldnt lock it then i put my cellphone into my pocket and it worked. im not sure if the problem is related to that first i didnt wanna think of it cuz it just brought my mood down but i guess it might be a problem for all cayennes ( i hope not)
Old 11-18-2010, 01:06 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rijowysock
what cam+lens.. looks like an 18mm or 20mm lens on maybe a proper canon/nikon body? i can't wait till my pepper comes to use my 14mm 2.8L in the car... get both doors with each shot.. LOL

these cars are just amazing, i thought i could manage to wait but every time i see one im like kid in candy store w/ diabetes (cant touch!)
Used a Canon 17mm ts-e on a 5Dmk2. Should have lowered back the front seats to go wider. I love photography but never shoot enough pics of my own car. I guess I'd feel like too much of a douche bag parking my car in public only to get out and take pictures of it. I suppose if I got up early enough it would be easier.

Just played with the door locks some more. A couple times I'd push the unlock button once, try to pull open the passenger door from the outside, than push the unlock button on the remote again and get nothing. From audible clues, it's like it never transmitted. The way it's supposed to work is you push to unlock once for the drivers door and rear hatch, push twice for all the passenger doors. You can push the lock button twice in case you leave occupants inside and don't want them to trigger the alarm from the inside.

Another interesting this is you have to hold down the rear hatch button on the door until it opens up to where you want it. You don't just push the button once like on most cars. Plus you can only close it manually or pushing the close button on the rear hatch itself.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:27 PM
marriotm
Instructor

Did they take your Cayman off the lease early?
Old 11-18-2010, 04:30 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by daddyscar
Used a Canon 17mm ts-e on a 5Dmk2. Should have lowered back the front seats to go wider. I love photography but never shoot enough pics of my own car. I guess I'd feel like too much of a douche bag parking my car in public only to get out and take pictures of it. I suppose if I got up early enough it would be easier.

Just played with the door locks some more. A couple times I'd push the unlock button once, try to pull open the passenger door from the outside, than push the unlock button on the remote again and get nothing. From audible clues, it's like it never transmitted. The way it's supposed to work is you push to unlock once for the drivers door and rear hatch, push twice for all the passenger doors. You can push the lock button twice in case you leave occupants inside and don't want them to trigger the alarm from the inside.

Another interesting this is you have to hold down the rear hatch button on the door until it opens up to where you want it. You don't just push the button once like on most cars. Plus you can only close it manually or pushing the close button on the rear hatch itself.
what do you use the 5D for normally? (photog?) i love the 5D, the video is amazing as well. door locks and hatch are weird... i thought it was very silly i couldnt close the hatch from the door or key, why do i have to press the hatch??? only other thing i didnt understand was if i have auto start/stop activated and you stop and open the door, you have to turn the ignition on to restart car.. basically as if you turned it off and walked away... the easy reach of the Auto off button makes me think will be easy tho (when in city driving, have it on... otherwise have it off)

if you turn it off, does it remain off when you get into the car the following time or is it one of the buttons you would have to push every time you get in if you want that function deactivated?
Old 11-18-2010, 05:21 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Very nice..Love the sports wheel...
Old 11-18-2010, 06:11 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by marriotm
Did they take your Cayman off the lease early?
Yes, I had six payments left and rear tires needed replacing and front ones very soon. They took the cayman early at the cost of a small discount on the cayenne. People seem to be getting about 5% off. They said Porsche had some loyalty program running where they forgive the last three payments. I believe Porsche of Livermore is saying it's six months online but I never researched. Again, I just wanted the car and felt the deal was good enough. I'm certai others can get a better deal with more work. If I didn't have a car to turn in I'd just use Cartelligent and order one. They are awesome.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:20 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rijowysock
what do you use the 5D for normally? (photog?) i love the 5D, the video is amazing as well. door locks and hatch are weird... i thought it was very silly i couldnt close the hatch from the door or key, why do i have to press the hatch??? only other thing i didnt understand was if i have auto start/stop activated and you stop and open the door, you have to turn the ignition on to restart car.. basically as if you turned it off and walked away... the easy reach of the Auto off button makes me think will be easy tho (when in city driving, have it on... otherwise have it off)

if you turn it off, does it remain off when you get into the car the following time or is it one of the buttons you would have to push every time you get in if you want that function deactivated?
I mostly shoot family and occassionally local SF landscapes, mainly rely on available light. One of the few hobbys you can get into when raising a family. I also got the T2i over the summer which is a really nice light weight alternative to the 5D. I've seen your pictures. Nice work.

I'll keep playing with the locks and share if I figure out more.

Quick Reply: got one too, 2011 cayenne v6