Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Durametric Hacking and other cars codes? Please post if you have them!

Old 05-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Orantes
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Toureg & 993BillW. Have you guys been doing all of this re-coding using the Enthusiast Durametric? I thought you needed the Professional Durametric to do coding. Am I correct in saying that the only thing the Professional does extra is the unlimited VINS?

All I want to do from a re-coding point of view is turn the phone on my PCM "on". I'm about to buy a Durametric, but If I can turn my phone "on" with the Enthusiatist model, it would obviously save me $. I primarily need the Durameteric for error code reading and re-setting service reminders. I should also add that I'm 5 hours away from any Porsche dealer or mechanic with an appropriate code reader.

I have a 2004 Cayenne S. Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by Orantes; 05-24-2013 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Orantes
Hi Toureg & 993BillW. Have you guys been doing all of this re-coding using the Enthusiast Durametric? I thought you needed the Professional Durametric to do coding. Am I correct in saying that the only thing the Professional does extra is the unlimited VINS?

All I want to do from a re-coding point of view is turn the phone on my PCM "on". I'm about to buy a Durametric, but If I can turn my phone "on" with the Enthusiatist model, it would obviously save me $. I primarily need the Durameteric for error code reading and re-setting service reminders. I should also add that I'm 5 hours away from any Porsche dealer or mechanic with an appropriate code reader.

I have the "Enthusiast" version myself.
I have no clue (but seriously doubt) that either version of Durametric will enable functions not originally purchased with the vehicle (such as enabling the phone).
Old 05-24-2013, 12:27 PM
sup44
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi All.. .I was a big blogger on vwvortex and used vag-com on my 2004 v8 Treg. thanks for this thread.. I just updated my S to EU. Would like to change turn signal to 5 blinks and remove Nav acceptance.. keeping an eye on this thread to see if anyone has had success with that...

Instrument cluster stock code is 31204 (changed it to 31104 for EU).
Alarm Code is 524449

I have a 2009 Cayenne S, tow hitch, Preferred package plus (nav, bose, etc) and rear camera w park assist.

w some after market Mods .... viper smart start, headrest dvd integrated via a/b switch to iPhone for netflix etc, iphone 5 doc, rear smoked lights, clear side marker lights.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:30 PM
sup44
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Orantes

For the Cayenne, there is no difference with the Enthusiast version and the Pro version of the Durametric cable and software. I spoke with their tech as well as several others on this site to verify... that being said, not sure if you can turn you phone on or not... sorry... mine has a SIM slot.. I imagine if I put a SIM card in it, it would do something, but never tried...
Old 05-24-2013, 12:36 PM
67bmer
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been wondering about this! I have an e92 and a new-to-me 06 cayenne cste. Does anyone know if I could use "one" for both of my cars.

here is the durametric website:
http://www.durametric.com/default.aspx

here is the bavariantechnic website:
http://www.bavariantechnic.com/

888-854-5523 – press 1 for durametric, pres 2 for bavariantechnic
websited: identical
hardware: identical
software: ?
Compatible: ?

I was really surprised to find that they are located in different cities/states.

They say no, they wont work. but still wondering...

Has anyone tried this?

I would not be surprised if there were 3 unique automobile electronics porsche/vw/audi, BMW, and mercedes. they are all big enough to require uniqueness... and the Italians could have another all together.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

This might be a basic question...but I can seem to find a good solution!
I have an 04 Cayenne S and I am adding a Denison Ipod kit - is there any way to update the MOST bus controller other than the dealer? dealer is 2 hours away and not very helpful, it will kill an entire work day to get him to do a 5 minute recode...!
Old 05-24-2013, 02:12 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 67bmer
They say no, they wont work. but still wondering...

Has anyone tried this?
We have an e90 as well as the 996 and 958 and I can confirm that the Bav version of the software does not recognize the Dura cable.

I had some conversations with Durham (not about that subject) that got into some of the details of the work he has done and having a bit more of a technical understanding it's not surprising at all that the two aren't compatible. I won't, however, discuss the specifics though beyond saying there is more to the cable than you might expect.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:40 PM
sup44
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sup44
Hi All.. .I was a big blogger on vwvortex and used vag-com on my 2004 v8 Treg. thanks for this thread.. I just updated my S to EU. Would like to change turn signal to 5 blinks and remove Nav acceptance.. keeping an eye on this thread to see if anyone has had success with that...

Instrument cluster stock code is 31204 (changed it to 31104 for EU).
Alarm Code is 524449

I have a 2009 Cayenne S, tow hitch, Preferred package plus (nav, bose, etc) and rear camera w park assist.

w some after market Mods .... viper smart start, headrest dvd integrated via a/b switch to iPhone for netflix etc, iphone 5 doc, rear smoked lights, clear side marker lights.
Just drove to and from gym.. realized changing to EU only removed my key in ignition chime.. my seat belt chime is still active.. guess I have to mess with this thing a little more...
Old 05-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just drove to and from gym.. realized changing to EU only removed my key in ignition chime.. my seat belt chime is still active.. guess I have to mess with this thing a little more...
Seat belt chime is easy, it's the only one I still have disabled. If you look for a post from me earlier I think I stated the code change. I think Tourareg also put that code change very early in the thread.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:25 PM
sup44
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Seat belt chime is easy, it's the only one I still have disabled. If you look for a post from me earlier I think I stated the code change. I think Tourareg also put that code change very early in the thread.
Got it.. so the magic number for my 09 S is 29104. That disabled SB, Nav Acceptance, and key in ign chimes..

Couldn't get the 5 flash for the signal to take .. it said that the module did not accept adaptions...
Old 05-25-2013, 02:29 AM
Orantes
Racer

For the Cayenne, there is no difference with the Enthusiast version and the Pro version of the Durametric cable and software. I spoke with their tech as well as several others on this site to verify... that being said, not sure if you can turn you phone on or not... sorry... mine has a SIM slot.. I imagine if I put a SIM card in it, it would do something, but never tried...
Thanks, I guess if there is no difference then Enthusiast version is the way to go for me. Apparently I can get the phone coded "on" but it looks like a dealer job. I have the phone prep and a Mobridge with Bluetooth. I wonder if I can use Duranetric to code CD stacker "off". Any body done that?
Old 05-25-2013, 12:49 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Sorry to ask.. But just what is "nav acceptance"?
Old 05-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Orantes
Racer

Every time you start the Nav you need to confirm you've read the on screen disclaimer about safe Nav usage.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:39 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

oh, right. I hate that wonky pixelated thing and just use my smartphone. But I guess it has it's place for some and not having the nag screen is nice.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:33 PM
sup44
Intermediate

Got it.. so the magic number for my 09 S is 29104. That disabled SB, Nav Acceptance, and key in ign chimes..

Couldn't get the 5 flash for the signal to take .. it said that the module did not accept adaptions...
Not sure why I thought the NAV acceptance was gone.. maybe I was off that day or missed something.. anyhow.. noticed today it is still there...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Durametric Hacking and other cars codes? Please post if you have them!