Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 827 Likes on 509 Posts
Default First Mod - Tow Adapter Install

Originally Posted by laxman1100
Hi, I just got a 2006 Cayenne Turbo that came with the factor hitch, but when I was looking for the wiring for the trailer lights, all I could find was a plate with 4 screws.
  1. Does the wiring come with the hitch receiver as a standard option or is it an add-on I need to get? If it's the latter, is it a porsche-OEM product?

Thanks!
Originally Posted by hobbit56
I was told at delivery that a "standard 7 pin plug" was located behind the metal plate screwed over a hole to the left of the receiver.
Opened the metal plate yesterday to find a 7 pin receiver, but not the basic blade variety I expected to find there. I've attached a picture
Did they install the proper stuff? Where do I find an adapter? I spent yesterday morning at all my local auto parts places looking for one. Any advice appreciated.

Hobbit56
Originally Posted by ltc
Alright settle down, no need to get your boxers in a bind, your bikini in a bunch, your thong in a knot,...... remember, Larry is dead ( RIP I miss him) and the use of "!" has been banned from this forum for a while now.

No, of course it's not for me, I'm trying to help a fellow forum member.

For those of you who purchased a Cayenne with factory tow option (1D6 or 1D8):

Did your dealer install the 7 pin Pollack connector (under the rear bumper, next to tow receiver) for free during PDI, or did they charge you for the part?

Thank you.
Ordered the parts from elecDirect.com

- 7-Pole Nylon RV Socket, 12V, 30 AMPS
- 7-Pole Blade to 4-Pole molded connector w/tethered cap

This is what (hopefully) falls out as you remove the blanking cover (held with 4 screws)

Here is what the final install looks like withe the 7-4 way adapter plugged in:

Quick Reply: First Mod - Tow Adapter Install