Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Cayenne S ordered today

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 07:12 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Manmachine, I wanted a 20 inch wheel so my options are RS vs Sport Design. I am leaning towards RS too but thanks for bringing up that point manmachine. Greg, thank you very much for your comments. I too am thinking back and forth on the running boards. It is a $1550 option. Will likely start a new thread on this option and get the valuable input of others.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:35 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Sometimes you forget to thank the people who help you make the right choices when it comes to anything in life. With all the interaction I've had (and enjoyed) with several members here, I did forget to thank you all in the Cayenne section. My order is all locked now. Should be available in late Jan 2011.

Here is the order:

Cayenne S Tiptronic

2T Jet Black Metallic
VB 2-toneNaturLthrEspresso/Cognac

0M1 Extended Range Fuel Tank
2ZH Heated3-spokeMultifuncLeathrSW
4X4 Side Airbags rear
1D6 TrailerCouplw/o RemovBallJoint

3FU Panorama Roof System
1BK AirSusp-Selflvl&HeightAdj-PASM

1NP WheelHbCvr w/ColorPorscheCrest
1Y1 PTV Plus
6GB WheelArchExt-SideDoorProtMould
3S1 RoofRails w/Mouldings-Aluminum
6A7 Fire Extinguisher

9JA Non-smoker Package
8T3 Adaptive Cruise Control

9VJ Burmester®HighEndSurrSoundSyst
PE6 18-way Adapt Sprt Seat-Mem Pkg
HT0 Summer Performance Tires for 2
QV4 XM Radio

9AH 4-zone Climate Control
0NA Deletion of Model Designation

CP5 20" RS Spyder Design Wheel
VW5 Thrm&NoiseInsulatGls w/PrivGls
PU3 Premium Package Plus

8EA Bi-Xenon Headlights with PDLS
4L6 Auto Dimming Interior Rearview

6XT Automatically Dimming Exterior

7T1 PCM with Navigation Module
7Y1 Lane Change Assist (LCA)
7X8 ReverCamera-ParkAssisFrontRear
3Y8 ElecRollupSunblindRearSideWind

7B6 12-Volt Outlet in Rear Center

9MB Dimmable Interior LED Lighting

4A4 Heated Seats Front and Rear

4D3 Seat Ventilation Front
QH1 Voice Control

QR1 Compass Display on Instr Panel
0AW PDCC
4GG Heated Windscreen Privacy Glss

My review of the order.

Performance: I am spoilt by the driving dynamics of the C4S, hence had to go with the PASM, PDCC, PTV. People can argue that one will never drive a Cayenne on the street hard enough to take advantage of these options. I know that I made the right choice for me considering my driving style and twisties on mountain passes. BTW, I DO NOT DRIVE LIKE A MADMAN.

Ext/Int color combo: I am probably one of the biggest fans of natural leather and would not consider anything else on my P-car. The look, feel and the way it ages over time...priceless. This is very important for someone like me who takes pride in keeping cars for a long time and maintaining them in such a way so that it looks showroom perfect despite all the miles that I put on it. With that leather, the interior would age graciously with time...along with me. Due to very limited two-tone option (ya..just one), had to do the espr/cognac and felt black would be the best exterior color option for that two-tone interior. Metallic black will hide swirl marks better than solid black, I would'nt want to be spending more time polishing paint than driving the car hence the JBM color. As far as the interior trim goes, I'm not a big fan of wood circles/rings (always associated it with luxury cars like Lexus/MB) and the aluminium with the chrome trim just was'nt cutting it. Felt that the stock black high gloss trim (some people think it looks cheap and plasticky...I did'nt think so) will complement the two tone and will blend well with black dials and black seatbelts.

Wheels: Going with a 18 inch winter wheel/tire package (bought it from Jace who was very gracious in his pricing) hence took the 20 inch route for combination of performance and comfort. Heard that tire options for 19 inch wheels are far and few and that is another reason for my 20 inch wheel. RS is the best looking 20 inch wheel, love the titanium like look rather than the usual silver. The 21 inch turbo wheel is the best looking IMO but it comes at a price (both initial price as it is forged) and subsequent cost of tire replacement.

Other options: The frills only option here was the compass (just had to get it for the looks) and the WheelHbCvr w/ColorPorscheCrest. Wanted it fully loaded from a safety standpoint hence the LCA, back-up camera, parking sensors, fire extinguisher, adaptive cruise control. Four distinct seaons where I live summers very hot..winters very cold...hence the heated steering wheel, heated windscreen and ventilated seats, love sunshine hence the Pana roof, music is a big deal for my family/me and Burm which is nothing short of art for the ears. To complement the Burm went with XM satellite radio (since I travel quite a bit) and the noise insulated glass. Quite a bit of rough roads hence road noise is an issue for me. Voice control is for my wife to show off when he relatives visit her so it is worth the extra $. I do feel that I wasted $$ on the wheel arch extension/side door protection mold but I made up for it by not going with any interior trim option.

Again thanks to everyone here. As much as all the research I did (reading borchures, over the counter car magazines, Christophorus magazines, youtube videos/searched Porsche dealer websites in Germany/England for pictures of 2011 Cayennes) I could not have done my order without your help.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Designer
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Nicely optioned!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:44 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Homelink?
Old 10-28-2010, 03:03 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Even though I am a non-smoker, I like the power plug that is with the ash tray. Use it to charge phone and underneath plug for Valentine.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:06 PM
bkcarrera
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I changed the non-smoker no charge option after I realized how valuable the center 12v outlet is.
I then ordered the replacement ashtray thingy from Suncoast (about 50 bucks)

Car is Dec build, so we will not see it till mid Jan - probably during a blizzard.
I tried to add the fire extinguisher, but order was locked and we would lose our build date. That was several weeks ago. You would think something that simple could be added while it's being loaded on the truck.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:08 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

ltc, homelink is standard, I believe. Jim, on my build sheet under premium package plus (PPP), there is a 12-Volt Outlet in Rear Center listed. So I think I will be fine. WHat I don't know why is this: The 14-way seats are built into the PPP but when I add the 18-way seats to my build that has the PPP instead of just adding the $480.00 difference, it adds $1815 to the bottom line price !!! Anyone know why ..
Old 12-05-2010, 05:54 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Got his on my email from my dealer: "Good news, your beautiful Cayenne is completed, the VIN is WP......62. I will let you know as soon as it is on vessel. Kindest Regards.

Me, wifey and kids celebrated our baby's birth with a nice outing last night.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 141 Likes on 76 Posts

Congrats again, w00tPORSCHE! Pics upon arrival.....

Quick Reply: 2011 Cayenne S ordered today