Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valentine one in 2011 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 09:52 PM
bfrank
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got it working using the fuse tap. Thanks to everybody for your support. Now I need advice on how to wire the remote display from the passenger side fuse box to the dashboard area (ie how to get across the center console).
Old 01-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bfrank
Thank you Bill. I'll give it a try. Stupid question: What is purpose of 12V tester? It tells me there is power to that fuse slot? Does it need to give me a certain reading or just power vs. no power?
Yes, the tester will tell you if you have 12v. The reason you want to use it is a) to know if the circuit/slot has power all the time or just has power when the car is running (unless you want to have to turn the V1 off/on every time you get out of the car) b) to know what side of the fuse slot is the hot one (however with the tap above, with a fuse in place there will be power to both sides unless the fuse is blown)

Mike,
I have not seen those taps for the blade style fuses. They used to have the same thing for the older round fuses but didn't know they had those. Thanks.
I just have a spade type term. lug in mine but your tap is a bit cleaner.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Yes, the tester will tell you if you have 12v. The reason you want to use it is a) to know if the circuit/slot has power all the time or just has power when the car is running (unless you want to have to turn the V1 off/on every time you get out of the car) b) to know what side of the fuse slot is the hot one (however with the tap above, with a fuse in place there will be power to both sides unless the fuse is blown)

Mike,
I have not seen those taps for the blade style fuses. They used to have the same thing for the older round fuses but didn't know they had those. Thanks.
I just have a spade type term. lug in mine but your tap is a bit cleaner.
You're welcome, Bill. Just FYI, I bought my taps at Radio Shack but it looks like they're also available on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/JT-Products-12...5737957&sr=8-5

Good advice on the tester, BTW.

Quick Reply: Valentine one in 2011 Cayenne