Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant pipe replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

If mine wasn't covered by CPO I would have them changed before I go to FL but since I still have 14 mos. I'll leave them be.

It really is a shame that Porsche won't step up to the plate and fix this and what really ticks me off about the whole issue is Porsche continued to use these plastic tubes even long after they knew they were a problem, just because they still had them in inventory. That just doesn't look good for Porsche. Very poor form!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:31 PM
pcst
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 993BillW
If mine wasn't covered by CPO I would have them changed before I go to FL but since I still have 14 mos. I'll leave them be.

It really is a shame that Porsche won't step up to the plate and fix this and what really ticks me off about the whole issue is Porsche continued to use these plastic tubes even long after they knew they were a problem, just because they still had them in inventory. That just doesn't look good for Porsche. Very poor form!

Tell me about it, we bought this bonner (06 CS) for our camping and road trip purposes. Did my homework, but I scored poor B- on it, due to the fact that I didn't research enough to find out about the cheapo plastic coolant pipe issue on V8 Cayenne.

Since I'm still on the factory warranty, 5 months to count, I'm holding my breathe. Why don't I just go replace the darn plastic pipes if that worries me that much? why should I? I already paid $$$ for that crap when I paid premium for the used car which still has the factory warranty. I ain't dumb business man.
I haven't yet fully utilize this vehicle due to this tickling time bomb issue, just don't want to take a chance to ruin my short road trips w/ family.

Porsche definitely dropped the ball on this; Jesus, didn't they make enough of money out of Cayenne? Step up and do the right thing like the recent news regarding to the warranty coverage on the faulty coils.
I could have definitely purchase Panamera (sp?) to replace our sedan, but Porsche lost the business with me because they wanted to save small changes on covering coolant pipes.
Porsche is a big corporation, need to vision a bigger picture, instead of worrying about the small changes.

I hope non of Cayenne owners get injuries due to the possible accident caused by the coolant pipe issue while traveling in highways. But sometime that's what it takes to move cheap corporation mind 'after the fact' (in this case, someone getting injured resulted from faulty plastic coolant pipes.)

I've heard someone was collecting the evidences to start the class action lawsuit.

I hope Porsche pays out big time money for this matter.

Quick Reply: Coolant pipe replacement