Sponsored by:

Track day in a Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 08:27 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
Like a track friend/instructor of mine once told me one day while at the track... "the laws of physics are just that... they're laws... not suggestions."
True but the Cayenne has a great "feel" when driven hard. It has massive grip yet rotates easily. Very responsive and "alive". Frankly it feels light when driven at 9/10th.

I've never driven another SUV hard and had it feel as good.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:02 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NinetyOneC2
True but the Cayenne has a great "feel" when driven hard. It has massive grip yet rotates easily. Very responsive and "alive". Frankly it feels light when driven at 9/10th.

Couldn't agree more... while I haven't taken my P!g out on to the track, the damn thing was a blast to drive hard during a spirited lake road touring event. The friend riding with me couldn't believe the resposiveness. I got a real chuckle out of that drive.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NinetyOneC2

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
Couldn't agree more... while I haven't taken my P!g out on to the track, the damn thing was a blast to drive hard during a spirited lake road touring event. The friend riding with me couldn't believe the resposiveness. I got a real chuckle out of that drive.

I agreed with both of you. I don't think you *REALLY* understand what the Cayenne is until you drive it HARD in a track or twisty road setting.

Most people can't seem to shake all their preconceived notions about SUVs and how physics will apply to them. They have been told for 40+ years that "SUV" are "top heavy", "roll over" etc.

It hard for most people to put those thoughts out of their head long enough to push the Cayenne like a sports car and experience what it really can do.

Quick Reply: Track day in a Cayenne?