Sponsored by:

MPG display?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 12:38 AM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cole -- I was trying to be funny.

I have never had a tire blow out on me at speed -- but I'm not sure how the TPM would help in that situation. I do see the value of the technology concerning a slow leak on a long road trip where you may not be stopping. I just wish the systems were more reliable as to false alarms. I'm sure they will continue to improve.

I don't want to make a big thing of this but I am into African Safaris - Photo. And I happen to be at a certain launch in Cape town for a long trip - LONG - and none of the so called ultimate SUV's -- The Porsches -- had a Compass. Its really nice to have a compass. Yes GPS will work if you want that bright annoying screen in front of you. But most of the time all you really need is a quick glance at the friendly compass. Much of Africa has no roads or trails - since it floods ......you just go.

But I'm also one of those people who makes a turn onto a highway and asks the passenger ................. Are you sure this is south?
Old 08-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry. Did not mean to blow it out of prortion. The land use and off trail thing is a big deal to us four wheelers. Especially in Colorado and Utah.

Quick Reply: MPG display?