mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

hic !!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:35 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks Jdcorbitt3 to have brought up this question.

Being a greenhorn in this forum, I had few times the envy to ask, ..but was missing the courage for it!
(..You never know what could come back when you throw these ones.)

Well, can I ask you: Frankly, are you satisfied with the answers ?
I may have missed points, but it looks to me that ltc has (at least) a double life..

And now that we are on these waters, ..it is like "P!g": who is the aliased person that nicknamed this car like that ?

In my opinion, it can only be a SUV greenhorn !
Having made tons of kms with 6 Range Rovers and 2 Grand Cherokee, (before finding the right SUV), and this in a lot of different type of "grounds", pulling or not pulling numerous (boats) trailers, I'm still convinced that only a SUV greenhorn can have that kind of lack of respect for nicknaming the SUVs of Ferdinand descendants this way.

It is true that in French we sometime says : "Dans le cochon, tout est bon".
Old 08-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GVA-SFO

I don't speak French, but if that translates to "The only product that Porsche has produced with any known mechanical problems is the Cayenne", then yes. It is accurate. This is the first known example of any Porsche badged product that has had any history of expensive repairs and maintenance.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:56 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

As I'm sure that those of you that read my posts, ..knows already my limits in the English, right ?

Let me still try to translate:
"In the pig, everything is good."

This is basically a French popular butcher expression that means ..with the pig, you can eat everything, ..no losses !
Old 08-09-2010, 08:16 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

On behalf of the legal counsel of both myself and PCNA, I would once again like to state that I have never owned a Cayenne and that Larry is in fact dead, after HIS Cayenne ownership experience.

There can be no other explanation ... once PCNA Legal looks you in the eyes and says "there is no way we are ever going to buy this vehicle back, under any circumstances", there is no way someone like me could possibly battle the mighty legal fortress surrounding PCNA; only Larry could have possibly pulled off something like that.

He's dead. He is buried face down with a headstone that reads "Hey, PCNA, Kiss My A!!)

Let him rest in peace, he earned it.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:19 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
I'm not going there unless our official forum Bartender starts pouring the Purplesaurus Rex ...

And in a related story, I looked into retrofitting Xenons into my new daily driver (Golf 2010 TDI) prior to purchase...I quickly decided it was easier/cheaper to fly halfway across the country, buy one that had the option factory installed, and then drive home.
I must say that Larry is in fact dead. He did not return in 3 days.. and no women that I know of have testified that they saw him .... nor have any of Larry's followers seen him since his tragic demise. R.I.P.

Now, if you'll pull up a chair, the forum old farts, can tell you the tales, dear children of the Pig, of days of old, when Cayennes, were rare, glitches were as common as Depends in a nursing home, and badges of honor were determined by how much you got from the Russian mafia when you sold your alpha/beta model for use in Moscow.

Larry, does however apparently appears to certain people in their dreams... or nightmares in the case of one PAG exec wife...
Old 08-09-2010, 08:26 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me still try to translate:
"In the pig, everything is good."
Yes, but only when The French do the pig:

Otherwise, I agree with Divot
Old 08-09-2010, 08:37 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

There have been some classics over the years...

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...sues-pcna.html

This just in from the wire services.............

Dateline: North Pole.
Headline: Christmas delayed due to Cayenne towing issue, lawsuits filed.

In a stunning disappointment for children (and adults who act like children) around the world, Kris Kringle stated today at a web conference that due to a 'towing incompatiblility issue' between his reindeer sled and his recently purchased Cayenne tow vehicle, Christmas may be delayed.

Details are still coming in at this time, but this is what we know so far.....

The issue began when Mr Kringle (d/b/a Santa Claus) decided to hook up reindeer sleigh up to his newly acquired Porsche Cayenne for this year's toy delivery trip around the world.

Immediately upon attaching the reindeer sleigh to the 7 pin Pollack connector, a "!" Check Trailer Lights warning message was displayed on the dashboard of the Cayenne and Rudolph's red nose went out, along with the headlights on the Cayenne, leaving him in total darkness.

Mr Kringle did due diligence by referring to the owner's manual, while Mrs Kringle administered CPR to Rudolph while the other reindeer watched in horror. Rudolph's condition is not known at this time.

Upon finding NO reference to the "!" Check Trailer Lights message ANYWHERE in the owner's manual, Mr Kringle then called Porsche Roadside Assistance, as time was of the essence to get the Cayenne on the road, now that Rudolph's future was in doubt.

Upon reaching Porsche Roadside assistance, Mr Kringle described the problem in detail and was immediately transferred to PCNA Legal in Atlanta.

PCNA Legal in Atlanta, after conferring with PCNA Front Desk Engineering, told Mr Kringle the following:

1. The Porsche Cayenne was NOT designed to be compatible with red nose reindeer lighting systems.
2. By connecting a reindeer sleigh to the Porsche Cayenne, he had immediately voided his warranty.
3. He was then told, and I quote: "Stuff It Fat Man".

Mr Kringle, left with no other recourse, consulted his "whose been naught and whose been nice" list and contacted Rennlist Cayenne forum member "ltc"; (it is NOT known which list "ltc" was on: naughty or nice.)

"ltc" was unable to provide any assistance regarding the Cayenne but was able to put Mr Kringle in touch with legal counsel to help resolve the issue.
"ltc" also offered the services of his 2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer edition 6.0l PowerStroke diesel to tow the reindeer sleigh, as unlike the Cayenne, this vehicle has no issue with reindeer sleigh lighting attached to its 7 pin Pollack connector.

Mr Kringle then thanked "ltc" and asked one further question:
"Would you happen to know the address of PCNA President Peter Schwarenbauer?" to which "ltc" replied, "as a matter of fact, yes I do"
Mr Kringle, smiling, said: "Are you busy AFTER Christmas Eve? Would you like to take a trip to Atlanta with me and the Elves known as Vito, Vinnie and Nunzio?"...to which "ltc" replied...."how did you know what I wanted for Christmas?"

At this time, legal counsel for Mr Kringle are filing class action lawsuits on behalf of:
Rudolph's family
Children (and adults who act like children) from around the world
All Cayenne owners with option 1D6 (factory tow option)

We will post further details as they become available.
Happy Holidays to everyone in the Cayenne forum....in my own 'special' way.

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...-you-here.html

CAYENNE BELLS
By MadFox. Christmas 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Driving through the snow,
In an alpha-beta Cayenne sleigh,
Over the TSBs we go,
Laughing all the way;
Bells in the dashboard ring,
Making spirits and !!!!(s) bright,
What fun it is to ride and sing
A Cayenne song tonight.

Oh, Cayenne bells, Cayenne bells,
Cayenne all the way!
Oh what fun it is to ride
In an alpha-beta Cayenne sleigh.

A year or three ago,
I thought I'd take a test ride,
And soon Mr. Peter and Larry
Were seated by my side;
The horsepower was quick and strong;
But misfortune seemed my lot;
So I got into the “villa” crowd,
And we drank “purple stuff” a lot.

Cayenne all the way!

A year or so ago,
The story I must tel(t)
I went back and forth to the Porsche lot
And “bent over” often I felt;
A German gent was riding by
In a Porsche CAYMAN sleigh,
He laughed and said I cannot tell a lie,
“Vee learned from zee Cayenne-zers howz to build it RIGHT”.

Cayenne all the way!

Now the ground will soon be white
So get one while you're young,
Go for an ’05 or later girl tonight
And sing this sleighing song;
Just get a cute Tit.S or a CPO bay
Three-forty HP or more is not a "Pig"
Hitch her to an Open LED or under 16 light Uhaul trailer (!!!!!)
And you'll take to the "Parade" in this PAG SUV "rig"!

Cayenne all the way!
In an alpha-beta Cayenne sleigh. *
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* With apologies to James Pierpont (American songwriter and composer of Jingle Bells) and thanks to all of you who helped me get through Beta ownership and then contribute to my decision to buy a follow-up in the form of a 2006 Cayenne Tit. S. Plus, I actually enjoy it to the point that I made a 1000th Post on a Forum (this is my only forum that I truly "play in". Thanks.).

Old 08-11-2010, 01:30 AM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Let's resume it this way :
After reading this topic, I felt I should do something. .So, see now in the left side : I suppose it will now says "Member"
Old 08-11-2010, 08:15 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Although never allowing himself to be photographed in public (no wedding pictures, nothing...his previous "employer" prefers it that way), there is sort of a picture of Larry here, post # 392

Disclaimer: don't look at it otherwise you might turn to stone.

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ayenne-27.html
Old 08-11-2010, 09:00 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Strangley that looks just like the PAG indentikit sketch and is clearly identified as obergruppen hitchtowlight, at the entrance to every building on the shoot on sight board
Old 08-11-2010, 09:32 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mudman2
Strangley that looks just like the PAG indentikit sketch and is clearly identified as obergruppen hitchtowlight, at the entrance to every building on the shoot on sight board
We all have our own crosses to bear now don't we ?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

So True !
Old 08-16-2010, 10:11 PM
jdcorbitt3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jdcorbitt3 to have brought up this question.

Being a greenhorn in this forum, I had few times the envy to ask, ..but was missing the courage for it!
(..You never know what could come back when you throw these ones.)

Well, can I ask you: Frankly, are you satisfied with the answers ?
I may have missed points, but it looks to me that ltc has (at least) a double life..

And now that we are on these waters, ..it is like "P!g": who is the aliased person that nicknamed this car like that ?

In my opinion, it can only be a SUV greenhorn !
Having made tons of kms with 6 Range Rovers and 2 Grand Cherokee, (before finding the right SUV), and this in a lot of different type of "grounds", pulling or not pulling numerous (boats) trailers, I'm still convinced that only a SUV greenhorn can have that kind of lack of respect for nicknaming the SUVs of Ferdinand descendants this way.

I am Satisfied.
As for the Grounds of P!G, the front of the car looks like the pig in the youtube dinosaur fart video.

As for quality, most is good but the other day my driver's seatback fell off revealing parts with the name of the true builder of the car VWAG.
It does tow my boat better than any truck I have used.

This forum scared me away from any P!G older than an 06.

John
Old 08-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts

In case anyone wanted to know where one of the earlier applications of the name "Pig" came from, I give you the following.....

Quick Reply: Who is Larry