Sponsored by:

Who is Larry

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 06:35 AM
jdcorbitt3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is Larry

In the Cayenne section, The most common word I see is Larry. I have done searches on him and find a who lot of info. It seems that he and the LED trailerlights were a big issue.(I ordered the adaptor). I was Just curious who he really was, or is he the split personallity Its. He appeared to be a major player on this forum. it almost seems like he should be a sticky.

John

p.s. I am in St Petersburg Russia right now. I am amazed at how manny Cayennes there are here. They are as common as Tahoes are in the states.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:12 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Larry is dead.

He died the same day his 2004 Cayenne S "disappeared".

I am now living and sleeping with his very attractive widow and driving his cars.

Apart from that, it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:17 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Legendary Larry
Old 08-06-2010, 12:36 PM
jdcorbitt3
Rennlist Member

I read he died "peacefully," which is not possible. There is a lot of talk with LED trailer lights and his death also. Was he towing a trailer with LEDs when he died?

John
Old 08-06-2010, 01:08 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

No, he did not die peacefully, nor was he towing when he died.

Once upon a time, he did tow to Lime Rock Park with his P!g and Cup Car in an enclosed (LED) trailer. After losing all lighting (around 3:30-4:00 AM), he then taped 2 MagLites to the front fenders of the P!g (with racer's tape....which along with a hammer can fix anything) and completed the tow to the track.

The circumstances surrounding his last days and his death are sealed court records.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:10 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
Legendary Larry
Yes, the man who "allegedly" programmed the audio system to go to "Eleven" during an Executive Test Drive, and stay there, even after the keys were removed from the ignition system.
You have no idea how frightening it can be for an Executive's wife to be trapped inside a P!g with David Hassellhoff playing at volume setting "11"....

Poor tortured soul
Old 08-06-2010, 01:23 PM
jdcorbitt3
Rennlist Member

That explains a lot. I once used Racers Tape (duct tape) and flew back from China with it. It stayed on for the whole trip back. My wife doesn't like when I pull out the hammer. It normally increases the cost of any repair I am involved in.

John
Old 08-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Yes, the man who "allegedly" programmed the audio system to go to "Eleven" during an Executive Test Drive, and stay there, even after the keys were removed from the ignition system.
You have no idea how frightening it can be for an Executive's wife to be trapped inside a P!g with David Hassellhoff playing at volume setting "11"....

Poor tortured soul
You should have "rick rolled" her..... just sayin'
Old 08-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Once upon a time, he did tow to Lime Rock Park with his P!g and Cup Car in an enclosed (LED) trailer. After losing all lighting (around 3:30-4:00 AM), he then taped 2 MagLites to the front fenders of the P!g (with racer's tape....which along with a hammer can fix anything) and completed the tow to the track.
Who would require any illumination on the road to LRP at 4:00 am?
Old 08-06-2010, 03:45 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Shamus
You should have "rick rolled" her..... just sayin'
To who are you referring to as "you".
Certainly, I had nothing to do with it, that was one of Larry's little "experiments".
The only relationship I had with Larry was his wife/widow.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:00 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Larry is ltc - he's just in denial. He loves his pigs, but hates Cayenne peppers for some reason?! I say marinate the pig with some cayenne peppers and you will have a fabulous combination!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:34 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ljugete
Larry is ltc - he's just in denial. He loves his pigs, but hates Cayenne peppers for some reason?! I say marinate the pig with some cayenne peppers and you will have a fabulous combination!
On behalf of the legal counsel of both myself and PCNA, I would once again like to state that I have never owned a Cayenne and that Larry is in fact dead, after HIS Cayenne ownership experience.

The only thing in common between Larry and myself is the fact that we both slept with the same woman....and I am driving his cars now.

That having been said, I think it would be a nice sort of "honor" to rename the Cayenne Forum the Larry Memorial P!g Pen ... now all I need is a Moderator who can make that simple change....
Old 08-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts

Ah, the good old days........ Now all we need is for someone to ask about Bi-Xenon lights!
Old 08-09-2010, 04:22 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

I'm not going there unless our official forum Bartender starts pouring the Purplesaurus Rex ...

And in a related story, I looked into retrofitting Xenons into my new daily driver (Golf 2010 TDI) prior to purchase...I quickly decided it was easier/cheaper to fly halfway across the country, buy one that had the option factory installed, and then drive home.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:28 PM
beentherebaby
Racer

Originally Posted by ltc
I'm not going there unless our official forum Bartender starts pouring the Purplesaurus Rex ...

And in a related story, I looked into retrofitting Xenons into my new daily driver (Golf 2010 TDI) prior to purchase...I quickly decided it was easier/cheaper to fly halfway across the country, buy one that had the option factory installed, and then drive home.
Aren't new models fun to work on?

I don't know anything about Larry but I think someone is on really good meds...

Quick Reply: Who is Larry