2011 Porsche Cayenne S Oil Warning

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Cyber33
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil problem with the 2011 Ceyenne S

Hi folks:
I have just joined Rennlist last evening and as soon as I did Comcast went down here in the Northeast. I am also new to Porsche

I now have 890 miles on my new Ceyenne S. At 750 miles I was down 3/4 quart of oil. I was surpirsed even though the manual states this may well happen in the breakin period. I went back to dealer who assures me this is part of the breakin period.

Aside from this issue I am really enjoying the Porsche Ceyenne. I have owned GMC Jimmy in the 1970's, BMW's 540 series X 2, Saab, Lexus 400, Mercedes 4matic E500,E550. I must say this auto is a different animal. I love its responsiveness in cornering, acceleration, braking and all around handling. I bought the auto with many "bells and whistles" and am enjoying mastering the different options.

I have a few additional questions, if anybody has answers:
(1) if the ignition is off does a "plugged in ipod or cell phone" recharge?
(2) current time is displayed on the multifunction window but if map is displayed current time is lost. Is there another way to keep current time constantly displayed?

I any of you have any suggestion or tips, or advice I am very happy to listen.

I look forward to learning much about Porsche automobiles.

Cyber33
Old 11-29-2010, 10:08 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cyber33
Hi folks:
(2) current time is displayed on the multifunction window but if map is displayed current time is lost. Is there another way to keep current time constantly displayed?

Cyber33
Cyber33

Welcome to Rennlist!

These are really good questions. I was wondering the same thing. You may want to start a new thread to get more visability on these questions.

Rome
Old 11-30-2010, 12:07 AM
AppleChilli
Intermediate

Welcome aboard Cyber33. I'm sure that I and others, would be interested to see pictures and get details regarding your "many bells and whistles."
Old 11-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

iPod does not charge once the ignition is turned off and the key is removed.

There is no other way to display the time if you're using the multi-function gauge to display the map; it would have been nice if the time could be displayed in the bottom left corner of the nav screen.

Hi folks:
I have just joined Rennlist last evening and as soon as I did Comcast went down here in the Northeast. I am also new to Porsche

I now have 890 miles on my new Ceyenne S. At 750 miles I was down 3/4 quart of oil. I was surpirsed even though the manual states this may well happen in the breakin period. I went back to dealer who assures me this is part of the breakin period.

Aside from this issue I am really enjoying the Porsche Ceyenne. I have owned GMC Jimmy in the 1970's, BMW's 540 series X 2, Saab, Lexus 400, Mercedes 4matic E500,E550. I must say this auto is a different animal. I love its responsiveness in cornering, acceleration, braking and all around handling. I bought the auto with many "bells and whistles" and am enjoying mastering the different options.

Cyber33
Old 11-30-2010, 01:51 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dave I
There is no other way to display the time if you're using the multi-function gauge to display the map; it would have been nice if the time could be displayed in the bottom left corner of the nav screen.
This is too bad... I would have much preferred for the time to be shown on the PCM and the temp to be on the multi-function display...
Old 11-30-2010, 09:22 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Related to the oil thirstiness of Cayennes, would it ever be typical to see an oily residue in the cylinder, after taking out the plugs? Is that where some of the oil "goes" when it mysteriously disappears?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:48 AM
AAHTT
Racer

Hi folks:

Cyber33
you mean like this?
Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2010, 02:24 AM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, there is a way to get it displayed...nice.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:48 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by AAHTT
you mean like this?
Ah, but the time goes away after a few seconds. I thought this was odd too, five displays behind the steering wheel and a full dash of information and nothing is telling me what time it is! I have the the display behind the steering wheel set to tire pressure. Map looks cool but not as useful day to day.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:05 PM
sws1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My time shows on every screen except the map screen.

If you want to show it on the NAV screen, hit the info button.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Cyber33
7th Gear

AAHTT:
how do you set up the map in the multifunction guage in order to read the footer in current time?
Cyber33
Old 12-01-2010, 10:33 PM
AAHTT
Racer

AAHTT:
how do you set up the map in the multifunction guage in order to read the footer in current time?
Cyber33
my time shows on every screen and doesnt go away, you have to program it with the steering wheel right upper button and pick what you want displayed at each line of the screen.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

On mine, time shows up in every screen except for map. If the low fuel warning light comes on however, the clock shows up in all of the multiple-function screens with the low fuel indicator.

Had it at the dealership today for a couple of other issues and was told it won't show in the map screen, and that it's functioning correctly. Oh well...
Old 12-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This item should explain PAG's position on oil consumption:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-04-2010, 06:11 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist