Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Tinted windows or Not

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010 | 06:24 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cole
Yes. In case you are ever in a foreighn country and the PoPo violates what would be legal in your own country.

I have no idea about Canadian laws, but here they can't trash your car. Innocent until proven guilty by the court.

The tint laws in most states are pretty broad. If y our going to tint just keep it in the legal limits.
Tinting is a personal preference... I could see it somewhere like AZ with prolonged high heat in the summer but in northern climates... not so much. When we are so close to Canada and frequently take drives there, tinting is not something I'd recommend. IMHO the Cayenne (at least mine) is fine the way it is.
Old 07-27-2010 | 04:04 AM
jr1966
Rennlist Member

Tinted. Reduces heat, cuts glare, UV protection. Also gives some sort of privacy & security when parked. Those concerned with seeing out at night, there are different shades from light to dark. Light to medium doesn't pose any night visibility issues at all.
Old 07-27-2010 | 12:03 PM
madburg
Advanced

Definitely preference and location where you live. I original told them match the back for the front two, it looked good in the day, but could not see at night. Had them remove and go lighter. Much better now, not a perfect match, but depending at the time of day and angle you look from. I have the panaramic roof so MUCHO light comes throught. I like it now with the lighter film up front.

If you are pulled over do yourself a favor and roll down the windows asap. Look at if from the other side, you are approaching a vehicle you cannot see into or at least not clearly and the person only opens it after you are there. Dont upset someone anymore than they maybe already, tuff job to begin with. Do what you can to ease things and usually you are treated like a citizen not a criminal.

As for Canada, thanks for letting me know, I will never drive up there, you have got to be kidding me, if an officer pulled a knife out, I would be snapping pictures asap of his @ss, and see what could be done later. Those two stories above got me boiling, cut your tint and cut up your head rest. I am not sure how I would have reacted personally in that situation...
Old 07-27-2010 | 05:58 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by madburg
As for Canada, thanks for letting me know, I will never drive up there, you have got to be kidding me, if an officer pulled a knife out, I would be snapping pictures asap of his @ss, and see what could be done later. Those two stories above got me boiling, cut your tint and cut up your head rest. I am not sure how I would have reacted personally in that situation...
All these stories are related to the "Quebec Police Force" or "Sureté du Québec". They are notorious for stepping out of bounds with stuff like this. They are Quebec's army of police thugs that have been embroiled in controversy thruout their entire existance. Remember the Oka crisis years back making headlines involving the Mohawk natives? Yep, the SQ struck again! The municipal police can in no way be compared to the SQ.
Old 07-28-2010 | 12:20 PM
is.deleon
Track Day

Definitely preference and location where you live. I original told them match the back for the front two, it looked good in the day, but could not see at night.

got any pics?
Old 07-28-2010 | 06:45 PM
madburg
Advanced

Originally Posted by Andy E.
All these stories are related to the "Quebec Police Force" or "Sureté du Québec". They are notorious for stepping out of bounds with stuff like this. They are Quebec's army of police thugs that have been embroiled in controversy thruout their entire existance. Remember the Oka crisis years back making headlines involving the Mohawk natives? Yep, the SQ struck again! The municipal police can in no way be compared to the SQ.
Thank Andy, for that bit of info, and my partial ignorance for assuming all of Canada! The mere though of what happened to these guys through me off. Sorry no offense to anyone.
Old 07-28-2010 | 10:19 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Sorry no offense to anyone.
None taken friend.

However, I can tell you an interesting story about a Georgia State Trooper while driving down south towards Florida back in the late '70's.....

Quick Reply: Tinted windows or Not