Torque settings for Thermostat and inlet manifold

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 05:05 AM
OZ_Adrian
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque settings for Thermostat and inlet manifold

As the title suggests.

I have pulled my plastic coolant pipes off and was wondering the torque settings for the Thermostat housing E10 bolts as well as the inlet manifold torqu specs so I can put her back together just like a bought one.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Adrian
Old 07-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Clutch-n-Throttle
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

IIRC it wasn't much. It was about 10nM(7.5 ft/lbs).
Old 07-17-2010, 07:14 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by OZ_Adrian
As the title suggests.

I have pulled my plastic coolant pipes off and was wondering the torque settings for the Thermostat housing E10 bolts as well as the inlet manifold torqu specs so I can put her back together just like a bought one.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Adrian

Per the P shop manual...
Initial tightening 7.5ft lb
Final tightening 11 ft lb
The sequence...
X9 X7
X5 X3
X2 X1
X4 X6
X8 X10

Sorry did not download the thermostat specs.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:45 PM
OZ_Adrian
AutoX

Thanks heaps guys.

v10rick, Do you know where I can download a copy of the Shop Manual please?
Old 07-18-2010, 01:02 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks heaps guys.

Here's whatcha do - go to:

1) http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...orscheservice/

2) When you get there go down to the fifth option titled "Technical Service Information" and click on it.

3) Once you click on "Technical Service Information" it will open a new browser window for PIWIS TSI.

4) Sign up for an account.

5) Once you have an account set up, sign in to the site and go to "General Functions" from the menu on the left side of the PIWIS TSI screen.

6) Once you're in "General Functions" go to "System Requirements" in the upper right.

7) Clicking on "System Requirements" will open a dialog window on top of your browser window. From that dialog window download the lastest Adode Reader, Adobe SVG, and the Side-by-Side plug in. No need to bother with the winzip thing. Never used it.

8) Once all those downloads are on your computer and working go BACK to "General Functions" on the PIWIS TSI home screen and click on "Order Document Access" in the lower left.

9) Use a CC and buy the $10 access.

10) Once you have the $10 in your PIWIS TSI account go BACK to the PIWIS TSI home screen and click on "Vehicle Identification" on the left side.

11) Click on "Identification via VIN" and enter your VIN and finish by clicking "continue" on the far right.

12) You will automatically be returned to the PIWIS TSI home. Once there, click on "Document Search", then click "Default Search", then enter the "Search Terms" COOLANT PIPES and choose the "Info Type" of WORKSHOP MANUAL from the pull down menu under "Info Type" and THEN click "Start Search".

13) Your number one search hit of a list of search hits will be "Removing and Installing Coolant Pipes (includes repair solution). Click on THAT.

14) Turn your printer on.

15) On the bottom of the screen there will be a command line with the crude symbol of a printer. Click that symbol of a printer.

16) A new dialog window will open with stuff to print titled "Removing and installing coolant pipes (with heater pipes)(includes repair solution). Print document. IF you have downloaded your Adobe downloads correctly then you will get a complete list of tools, diagrams of the tools, a complete list of steps, diagrams of the steps, and a complete list of torque settings.

17) Once you print that stuff follow the same procedure for "Removing and Installing the Design Cover", and then "Removing and Installing the intake-air distributor".

18) If you're into it download "Draining and filling in coolant (includes bleeding)".

At the end of this you will have spent $1.80 x 4 (for each of the document accesses you entered) and you will have the MOST amazing, complete, detailed instructions from Porsche on the what, where, and how of this repair... with diagrams!

Good Luck.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:47 AM
OZ_Adrian
AutoX

hello Johnny Bahamas,

I read your post a while back and tried to do this last week, but it will not accept my australian credit card.

I put up a post asking if i can pay some one via pay pal and then they go in and pay the $10 Access for me. no one put their hand up.

Otherwise I am happy to "contribute" to someone else who has already downloaded bits from this site.

I hope you can help me.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:53 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

Thanks heaps guys.

What Johnny B posted.

Unfortunately the P site will not permit saving text and if you print screen the text is barely readable.

Except for the intake torque removal and tightening specs the info provided on Admin coolant pipes is more comprehensive then the P manual. IMO
Old 07-18-2010, 06:43 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hello Johnny Bahamas,

I read your post a while back and tried to do this last week, but it will not accept my australian credit card.

I put up a post asking if i can pay some one via pay pal and then they go in and pay the $10 Access for me. no one put their hand up.

Otherwise I am happy to "contribute" to someone else who has already downloaded bits from this site.

I hope you can help me.
Ooops, that link in my post is to the USA site. That's almost certainly what is throwing a spanner in the works.

Give a try logging onto the Australian site and then SERVICE, TECHNICAL SERVICE INFO., etc.

http://www.porsche.com/australia/

That's gotta do it.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:46 PM
OZ_Adrian
AutoX

Thanks for that Johnnybahamas.

I went to the site, signed up, logged in, all fine.

But then when when I went to order document access, it let me put my card numbe in and then it came with this error message when I pressed forward.

"The connection to the billing provider could not be initiated. Please try again later"

Any ideas??

I have tried it again 6 times in the last 2 days.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Adrian, sorry, I thought the thread I linked you to (in your previous request) would have all the info you needed. If you still need this done I will be happy to do it for you. I've never used the Porsche Service web site before though. Do they have the ability to save a copy (not just print) and I can email it to you? Unfortunately every time I try to scan a document 1 page winds up being 15 meg in size.

Let me know, I'll be happy to help. You can buy me a beer if I ever get down to OZ.

I think you have to insert your money upside down due to the So. hemisphere issues .
Old 07-21-2010, 05:39 AM
OZ_Adrian
AutoX

Hi Guys,

The thread did help me and the pipes are now replaced, But I wanted to sign up for access anyway as I will most probably need it in the future, and it only costs $10.

I tried again today and it still says the same error that it cannot the billing provider. I tried two cards too.

This is crazy.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:49 AM
lclevert
1st Gear

Doing the coolant repair also.

Does anyone have the thermostat housing torque specs handy that they can post?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Torque settings for Thermostat and inlet manifold