Sponsored by:

Porsche Carrera Sunglasses...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010 | 01:03 AM
SparkyCanada
Intermediate

Default Porsche Carrera Sunglasses...

Hi there

Anybody here have any recommendations on what sunglasses they like?

My poor ol' Porsche Carrera sunglasses (the ones with interchangeable lenses and a hard case) finally gave up - and when I went out to find a replacement pair - they tell me that they are not made any longer....

I think I still like the style of the Carrera - but open to new ideas if someone else is "diggin'" something better...

Thanks,

SparkyCanada
Old 07-03-2010 | 01:31 AM
Mother
Burning Brakes

I commend you on trying a new brand. I don't like change when they fit right and make me feel good. I went with Serengeti sunglasses which seem tough to scratch and fit my nose comfortably and did not let allot of sun in from the side a must in Phoenix, AZ. However being polarized I cannot read my brothers heads up display in his cad XLR only drawback so far. You can still try ebay for the Porsche brand.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
Old 07-03-2010 | 11:25 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

I also have a pair of the '80's Porsche Design Carrera frames with interchangeable lenses as well as a half-dozen pair of other Porsche Design sunglasses from the early to late '90's.

Just when I was going to throw them out a few weeks ago, my daughter shreiked at me and told me they're in fashion now and highly sought after by collectors. My lenses had the gradual dark to light tints though.

Ray Bans have always been faithful to me. Have you tried out a pair of Ray Ban aviators?
Old 07-03-2010 | 02:15 PM
dhud
Instructor

SparkyCanada,

I am an eye doc and we carry Porsche Design eyewear. Your sunglasses are available. Go to "www.porsche-design.com" and look for P'8478 Sunglasses. This is the relaunch of the original ones from 1978. I would check out the entire line. They have some really nice designs and I either go between Porsche Design or the newly released line of Maui Jim's.
Old 07-03-2010 | 02:26 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

ive been wearing oakley inmates for about a year and a half now and love them. they took a classic design and gave it a modern wrap around fit.

Old 07-03-2010 | 10:07 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

I just recently had some RayBan prescription sunglasses made. I don't have to wear glasses in the daytime (most definitely do at night though) but they help me recognize the LEO's much earlier.
Old 07-06-2010 | 03:45 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

+1 on Oakley Sunglasses!
Old 07-06-2010 | 03:58 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Ray Bans are always a classic, but they're on everyone nowadays. Check out Tom Ford's sunglasses. Bond is a fan

Quick Reply: Porsche Carrera Sunglasses...