Anyone here try this yet???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:52 PM
CDH-CTT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here try this yet???

http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/

Seem like it could be a cool little thing instead of spending the $2k for a reflash... But I didnt see a a one for CTT just the S....
Hopefully someone car shed some light on this please...

Thanks

Carl
Old 07-06-2010, 02:03 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The delayed response of the electronic throttle is greatly improved?

Wait a minute, what delayed response (hesitation)?
Old 07-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
The delayed response of the electronic throttle is greatly improved?

Wait a minute, what delayed response (hesitation)?
Unfortunately, many auto makers have tweaked the "step in" on electronic throttles to make cars smoother off the line.

This makes it an easier driving experience for dingy housewives driving around in high heals that can't feel the pedal.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:30 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah, when you nail it from a standstill and the car "coughs" then attempts to recover...... That is a feature!

Anybody know how to get the damned thing to start off in 1st (without turning off PASM or using Tip) full time?

Oh, and one final thing, do I need to take it to the dealer to reset the oil service announcement or can I do this with the Durametric tool?

Suddenly a carb'd Jeep is looking really good....
Old 07-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Cole
Drifting

Originally Posted by Scott C

Suddenly a carb'd Jeep is looking really good....
It's funny that you mention that. I'm friends with several Jeep engineers. Once of the big complaints of the older Jeeps (pre-2007 wranglers) was that the throttle was too touchy.

So on the 2007+ Wranglers the "step in" is tamed down to smooth out the acceleration and make it "feel" less touchy. Unfortunately it has the side effect of making everyone think it is even more underpowered than it is.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A buddy of mine had one installed in his '08 Honda Ridgeline. Believe it or not, it actually gave him the impression of the truck being more responsive. However, did absolutely nothing for horsepower.

One problem that was encountered after installing the unit was the odd "throttle position sensor" error. Seems that the factory mapping software didn't like somebody else messing with their 'stuff'.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Cole
Drifting

.....I wish the Durametric tool would do some of the cool things for Porsche that the VAG-COM will do for the Audi/VW.

I logged the "actual throttle" vs. "requested throttle" while trying to solve an issue with the car. It is very interesting to watch the way the values scale. Gone are the days of mashing the pedal to 100% and actually getting 100% at the same time.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:42 PM
SCOTITUDE
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

durametric will reset the service message. After you pick the model go to file and it will be in the drop down menu.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:47 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole
.....I wish the Durametric tool would do some of the cool things for Porsche that the VAG-COM will do for the Audi/VW. .
There is currently a bill in the MA Legislature which would require all auto manufacturers to distribute all S/W diagnostics and error codes to independent garages and owners, thus ending the monopoly they and their dealers have had...or so the thinking goes.

PAG is dead set against this, as are most of the other car companies, citing confidentiality, trade secrets, etc.

No idea how it will turn out, but if it passes in Massachusetts, I am sure other states will follow.

So, cheer up, soon you will be able to talk to your P!g like never before.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:58 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SCOTITUDE
durametric will reset the service message. After you pick the model go to file and it will be in the drop down menu.
Excellent! I will go check this out now.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Cole
Drifting

Originally Posted by ltc
There is currently a bill in the MA Legislature which would require all auto manufacturers to distribute all S/W diagnostics and error codes to independent garages and owners, thus ending the monopoly they and their dealers have had...or so the thinking goes.

PAG is dead set against this, as are most of the other car companies, citing confidentiality, trade secrets, etc.

No idea how it will turn out, but if it passes in Massachusetts, I am sure other states will follow.

So, cheer up, soon you will be able to talk to your P!g like never before.

That would be nice.

I bought the VAG-COM for the Audi to just deal with the constant check engine lights. Then discovered that you could do so much more with it and actually get some understanding of what the car was doing and why.

I think it's insane that you get a stupid little warning light on cars(check engine light) and they won't share with you what it is about. Nothing stupider than having to go pay your dealer to tell you your gas cap is not tight enough.

....on topic......

All the sprint booster really does is "push the pedal faster" for you. Which might make it respond faster and be more fun. But, does it make it too twitchy when driving it at the limit, etc?
Old 07-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole
That would be nice.

I bought the VAG-COM for the Audi to just deal with the constant check engine lights. Then discovered that you could do so much more with it and actually get some understanding of what the car was doing and why.

I think it's insane that you get a stupid little warning light on cars(check engine light) and they won't share with you what it is about. Nothing stupider than having to go pay your dealer to tell you your gas cap is not tight enough.

....on topic......

All the sprint booster really does is "push the pedal faster" for you. Which might make it respond faster and be more fun. But, does it make it too twitchy when driving it at the limit, etc?

VAG-com is an awesome tool, the Durametric is disappointing in comparison.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:43 PM
CDH-CTT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cole,

Thanks Im glad SOMEONE had an answer for me....Autoenginity is WAY better than Durametic and VAG-COM works great on VW and Audi.... Porsche not so much...

Carl
Old 07-06-2010, 07:20 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SCOTITUDE

Worked like a charm. Thanks! Have one on me

Quick Reply: Anyone here try this yet???