Sponsored by:

Next generation pepper

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Next generation pepper

My better half is biting at the bit about getting a new Cayenne. The web special is up about the new model but you can't configure them yet. Was wondering when they are coming state side so we can test drive?

Also looking forward to the diesel and hybrid. Almost certain the hybrid is going to start around $90K!

And here is hoping the diesel will get at least 25MPG city US cycle that is.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:29 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

AFAIK, you can only order/purchase launch vehicles at this time.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:13 PM
wengqi
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
My better half is biting at the bit about getting a new Cayenne. The web special is up about the new model but you can't configure them yet. Was wondering when they are coming state side so we can test drive?

Also looking forward to the diesel and hybrid. Almost certain the hybrid is going to start around $90K!

And here is hoping the diesel will get at least 25MPG city US cycle that is.
Another person noted on a thread that if you visit the German Porsche site, you can configure the new models. You might not be able to read what every option is, but at least you'll get a feel for some of them.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:53 PM
jmm
Advanced

The UK website for Porsche will allow you to configure one in English.

Separately, I was at the Porsche dealer today and one of the executives said he was busy speccing the 50 new Cayennes, Turbos included, that he will get the first month. They are not sold and he told me I could configure one any way I wanted since it's only a guess how they'll sell. I specced a fully optioned Yellow turbo. It looked good on his screen.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:44 PM
kgclark
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jmm
The UK website for Porsche will allow you to configure one in English.

Separately, I was at the Porsche dealer today and one of the executives said he was busy speccing the 50 new Cayennes, Turbos included, that he will get the first month. They are not sold and he told me I could configure one any way I wanted since it's only a guess how they'll sell. I specced a fully optioned Yellow turbo. It looked good on his screen.
Did the dealer configurator include prices?
Old 03-27-2010, 06:53 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

I understand late April before the information is up to spec one. I also can't find any information to indicate that the Diesel is coming to the US in the first year. Also interesting there is no GTS listed for 2011
Old 03-27-2010, 03:26 PM
jmm
Advanced

I didn't notice if the dealer configurator had prices or not on the Cayennes. I did notice that on the Turbo S, the 911 version, the options were priced but the car itself was not. So, there was no total given.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:25 PM
rbaron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmm
I was at the Porsche dealer today and one of the executives said he was busy speccing the 50 new Cayennes, Turbos included, that he will get the first month. They are not sold and he told me I could configure one any way I wanted since it's only a guess how they'll sell. I specced a fully optioned Yellow turbo. It looked good on his screen.
Which month?

And, where is this dealer?

Thx.

Quick Reply: Next generation pepper