Sponsored by:

M)D YR 2011 ORDERING INFO

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 09:07 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm back!

Well, the interior was not as great as I had hoped. Same concept as the Panamera, but somehow it doesn't work quite as well. Also, there are so many buttons, and many of them will wind up being "blank" unless you order all the options. The blanks will look bad, IMO, because the buttons are such a prominent design feature of the cockpit. The model they showed (an 'S) had a sticker of $99,000 (even w/o the panoroof or the burmeister-- Gulp!-- but they filled up all the spots for the buttons).

Another issue was the sport seats. I didn't like these at all. They were snug, and fairly comfortable, but difficult to get in an out of w/the SUV ride height. I'm curious what the regular seats will look like, since I love the standard seats in my '06.

Above all, the rear end is terrible. It makes the car look much smaller and similar to the many nameless Japanese SUVs on the market. The lines of the car (in the rear) are very straight, w/o any semblence of the "hips" of a 911 like the original Cayenne body style has. They are designing in the wrong direction IMO, and the result is a truck that looks like many other SUVs from the rear angles. This will need to grow on me...a lot. Also, the badging-- Porsche over Cayenne names-- is a mess.

As bad as the rear end is, the front is great--it looks really sporty and curvey. The hood looks aggressive. I like what they did here. Too bad it's connected to the rear.

I suspect the performance will be incredible, and that's what will probably win me over in the end.....but I'm in no rush to run out and get one.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:15 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Good feedback Rome, thanks for the update.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:18 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will call my dealer first thing tomorrow and cancel the order I put in earlier for 2 CTTs (his & hers)

Overall, while I haven't seen it in person, from photos, that rear will have to grow on me big time. If not, I'm going to abandon ya'll and go over to the Panamera
Old 04-08-2010, 09:22 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

So you do have a dark side.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:43 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
I will call my dealer first thing tomorrow and cancel the order I put in earlier for 2 CTTs (his & hers)

Overall, while I haven't seen it in person, from photos, that rear will have to grow on me big time. If not, I'm going to abandon ya'll and go over to the Panamera
If you are going for his and hers, in place of one of the Cayennes (or Pans) for the same-- or even a little less money-- I go for a pre-owned 997 C4S Cab (they are well priced right now). It is an awesome machine.

P.S. If "his" car is not going to be driven on a daily basis, there is a lot of air-cooled deliciousness to be found here: http://www.truspeedmotorcars.com/cars.php
Old 04-08-2010, 09:44 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
So you do have a dark side.
The jheri-curl in the avatar says it all...
Old 04-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent photos:

http://www.trucktrend.com/multimedia.../photo_31.html
Old 04-09-2010, 06:37 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Overall, while I haven't seen it in person, from photos, that rear will have to grow on me big time.
From a female perspective, rear ends growing is not something that I'm comfortable discussing...

If not, I'm going to abandon ya'll and go over to the Panamera
Panamera, Cayenne....what's the difference.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:31 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
The jheri-curl in the avatar says it all...

Originally Posted by ltc
From a female perspective, rear ends growing is not something that I'm comfortable discussing...
I know nothing about female perspective! And let me just quote our former fellow rennlister, Kooser, and say "My pimp-hand is strong!!!"
Old 04-09-2010, 10:51 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Am I the only one who thinks the Hybrid is the way to go? You know, the whole "go green" idea is not going out of style anytime soon. Some sort of electric power plant is the way of the future, for sure. Of course, the Turbo looks sick. But if I didn't get a Turbo for myself (997.2), my wife should be ok with a n/a Cayenne. Plus, we all know there will be at least 300 body kits available within a few years to make it look like a Turbo if not better.
I am thinking a Hybrid with all the high tech options: panaroof, keyless-go, lane assist, cruize, air susp., nav, rear camera, sunshades, liftgate, vent seats, the works...
About the non-painted plastic; If I recall correctly, the first few years of production of the current Cayenne model, the plastic wasn't painted either. Same thing happened to the first year Q7. After all, it shouldn't cost too much to have it painted.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill P.
Should not have to spend 120 k for it to look good.The s should look good also but it does not.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:54 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc

Panamera, Cayenne....what's the difference.
Towing capabilities........

Quick Reply: M)D YR 2011 ORDERING INFO