Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cordsig79
nice choice of wheels and paint
Haha, likewise
Old 06-07-2012, 10:46 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

For the record, this can be done with a Durametric cable.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by touareg
For the record, this can be done with a Durametric cable.
How?

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:05 AM
touareg
Drifting

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
How?

Thanks!
Go to instrument cluster, and I believe if you have for example the coding of 17204 you need to figure out what position to change. I changed mine to 15404 (need to scan my car again, been 2 years) -2 for the seatbelt from 17xxx to 15xxx and +2 for the country code from xx204 to xx404, which gets rid of door chime and key in ignition.

Acording to durametrics chart, which is close but wrong:
For the options below are summed together, so if you have brakepad wear sensors, that is +1, seatbelt warning +2, low washer fluid +4, navigation +16. So your coding *should* have the number 23 in it, like:

23xxx or something. So you want the seatbelt warning gone, you remove the +2 i.e. 23 -2 is 21.

Cayenne Instrument Cluster Coding
??xxx: Extra Options

+00 - No additional choices
+01 - Brake pad wear warning active
+02 - Seat belt warning active
+04 - Low washer fluid warning active
+16 - Radio-Navigation active

So your new coding is 21xxx for example.

The reason for all the weird numbers is because the coding is actually binary, so a module will have 2 digit binary coding for example and that is what that position is for in decimal (2 digit binary is 0-3 decimal) and they say that is position 1 or whatever, but then positon 2 and 3 has a 3 bit binary number assigned to it.

I had to deduce my coding, as it didnt match what durametric said it would be for the options I have,but removing the 2 and adding the 2 to the correct positions made my car silent, if anyone is really interested, I will pull my coding again. Been this way I think for 2+ years. I *think* but don't recall, the light on the dash will still come on.

For me I only cared, because I frequently start my car before I buckle up. Sometimes just reaching in to warm it up in the winter, or get in, start, talk on the cell. But I always buckle before I get in gear. If the chime came on while in Drive, not park, I would not have messed with it.

I for one wish people would post their codings for their cars along with options they have, we could get a better list from reasoning rather than guessing.

Country codes for the third position (denoted by the ? mark)
xx?xx: Country Setting

0 Germany (DE)
Speeds in km/h, fluids in liters, temperature in degrees Celsius, pressure in bars, time in 24 hour units (“military time”), no chime when key is in ignition and driver door is open.
1 Europe (EU)
Speeds in km/h, fluids in liters, temperature in degrees Celsius, pressure in bars, time in 24 hour units (“military time”), no chime when key is in ignition and driver door is open.
2 USA (US)
Speeds in MPH, fluids in American gallons, temperature in Fahrenheit, time in 12 hour units (AM/PM), chime when key is in ignition and driver door is open.
3 Canada (CDN)
Speeds in km/h, fluids in liters, temperature in Celsius, otherwise the same as USA.
4 Great Britain (GB)
Speeds in MPH, fluids in Imperial Gallons, otherwise the same as ‘Europe’.
5 Japan (JP)
6 Saudi Arabia (SA)
7 Australia (AUS)

Last edited by touareg; 06-08-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:13 AM
touareg
Drifting

The best part about all this is when you go in for service and they say they reset the computer and don't get why it comes up in kiliometers on the dash, or why you seatbelt chime doesn't work
Old 06-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Go to instrument cluster, and I believe if you have for example the coding of 17204 you need to figure out what position to change. I changed mine to 15404 (need to scan my car again, been 2 years) -2 for the seatbelt from 17xxx to 15xxx and +2 for the country code from xx204 to xx404, which gets rid of door chime and key in ignition.

Acording to durametrics chart, which is close but wrong:
For the options below are summed together, so if you have brakepad wear sensors, that is +1, seatbelt warning +2, low washer fluid +4, navigation +16. So your coding *should* have the number 23 in it, like:

23xxx or something. So you want the seatbelt warning gone, you remove the +2 i.e. 23 -2 is 21.

Cayenne Instrument Cluster Coding
??xxx: Extra Options

+00 - No additional choices
+01 - Brake pad wear warning active
+02 - Seat belt warning active
+04 - Low washer fluid warning active
+16 - Radio-Navigation active

So your new coding is 21xxx for example.

The reason for all the weird numbers is because the coding is actually binary, so a module will have 2 digit binary coding for example and that is what that position is for in decimal (2 digit binary is 0-3 decimal) and they say that is position 1 or whatever, but then positon 2 and 3 has a 3 bit binary number assigned to it.

I had to deduce my coding, as it didnt match what durametric said it would be for the options I have,but removing the 2 and adding the 2 to the correct positions made my car silent, if anyone is really interested, I will pull my coding again. Been this way I think for 2+ years. I *think* but don't recall, the light on the dash will still come on.

For me I only cared, because I frequently start my car before I buckle up. Sometimes just reaching in to warm it up in the winter, or get in, start, talk on the cell. But I always buckle before I get in gear. If the chime came on while in Drive, not park, I would not have messed with it.

I for one wish people would post their codings for their cars along with options they have, we could get a better list from reasoning rather than guessing.

0 Germany (DE)
1 Europe (EU)
2 USA (US)
Speeds in MPH, fluids in American gallons, temperature in Fahrenheit, time in 12 hour units (AM/PM), chime when key is in ignition and driver door is open.
3 Canada (CDN)
Speeds in km/h, fluids in liters, temperature in Celsius, otherwise the same as USA.
4 Great Britain (GB)
5 Japan (JP)
6 Saudi Arabia (SA)
7 Australia (AUS)

T'anks! will give it a try
Old 06-08-2012, 02:22 PM
touareg
Drifting

Let us know your original coding and options, always good to write it down if you forget anyways (like I did!) and want to revert what you did if things go wrong.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:28 PM
touareg
Drifting

To anyone that thinks about this, please be ethical and don't use this tool for evil, i.e. to hide the brake pad warning notification, or mask other car issues if you are selling the vehicle.

Karma is a bitch.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:53 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is there any way to disable the door chime when the driver's door is open?
Old 06-08-2012, 05:48 PM
touareg
Drifting

Originally Posted by endless_corners
Is there any way to disable the door chime when the driver's door is open?
Um, ok...

1 Europe (EU)
4 Great Britain (GB)

Since I guess I wasnt clear, change from 2 USA to 4 GB which also is basically the same as 1, which I explained in like what, 7 posts up?

Last edited by touareg; 06-08-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Hal 2000
Instructor

Re: Resistor
-Its 33% more for the resistor in NYC. Fair Warning. Times are tough.
-Did it in 5 minutes/ works great!
-Decided to reach under seat while driving to see if the resistor is hot. It wasn't hot but I jostled free the resistor just by feeling it. Got air bag error msg in cluster as i felt the resistor. Pulled over, Re-inserted, and all good now.
-Decided its too creepy to drive without a belt, and wear belt more now.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:13 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Um, ok...
Since I guess I wasnt clear, change from 2 USA to 4 GB which also is basically the same as 1, which I explained in like what, 7 posts up?
Got it.. sorry I skimmed that big text block where the info was re: my question.
I really need to get durametric
Old 06-09-2012, 10:07 PM
touareg
Drifting

Originally Posted by endless_corners
Got it.. sorry I skimmed that big text block where the info was re: my question.
I really need to get durametric
Bad day at work, I am usually more patient
Old 06-10-2012, 07:55 PM
derb
AutoX

Yesterday, I changed my coding from 15204 to 17204 and the seat belt chime is gone.
touareg, thanks for posting the Durametric coding info.

Quick Reply: Seatbelt Warning Ding - SOLUTION!!