Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my first speeding ticket in 14 years

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 11:11 AM
alsamrob
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sam, where was the ticket issued? In my experience, fighting tickets in Mass is not worth it, unless you really weren't speeding. But if your defense is: I was only going 82, not 94, you are not getting very far, and may end up with more fines. And if your record is otherwise clean, the 1 point is not going to hurt that much on your SDIP discount, especially if you are a Step 9.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:35 AM
T2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 48 Posts

Sam,

In some states if you have a clean driving record for a number of years they can dismiss the ticket but since you were cited so far over the limit it may not apply.

May be worth a call to an attorney to see if the law applies here or not - if not write the check and get it over with.

T2
Old 10-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks alsamrob and T2. I did call the insurance company and apparently I would just be losing the safe driver discount and no surcharge will be added. Unfortunately, forgiving the ticket by taking a driving school is not an option in MA. I guess going to court will not be much of any help at this point.

I am usually very careful & alert and it must have been the joke...

" A woman finds her husband in bed with a young chick so she drags the hubby to the garage where she secures his manhood to a short chain then she goes for the chainsaw. The man pleads for his manhood yelling: please don't cut it off! to which the woman calmly responds: I am just gonna start a fire...YOU WILL BE CUTTING IT OFF and hands him the saw.

Sam
Old 11-19-2009, 12:35 PM
traf2009
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by richc
Could you simply "pay" the fine with the trooper? When I lived there in the 70's it was the accepted way to handle a ticket.
hahaha, if only it was that easy. I guess taking online traffic courses is out of the question for you. I'm surprised they did not impound your car.

Quick Reply: my first speeding ticket in 14 years