Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

your supposed to remove the CDC

CEL is not due to that tho
Old 02-06-2010, 12:32 PM
ed.w
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All, I tried to install mobridge in my 2007 Cayenne. I put the bypass ring to the rear CDC network and reconnect Mobrige in the front. I can listen to the iPod now with mobridge, however the PCM pauses irregually and showing "Loading CD..." very often. Even I listen to radio, it pauses and load CD...

Help!
Old 02-06-2010, 05:07 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ed.w
Hi All, I tried to install mobridge in my 2007 Cayenne. I put the bypass ring to the rear CDC network and reconnect Mobrige in the front. I can listen to the iPod now with mobridge, however the PCM pauses irregually and showing "Loading CD..." very often. Even I listen to radio, it pauses and load CD...

Help!
The Infamous 2007 Cayenne!!!!!!!!!! And Larry said it didn't exist...

Never had that particular problem but having your dealer code the CDC off using PIWIS should fix it...

mObridge also likes some iPod's better than others...for example it often disagrees with the iPhone...
Old 02-06-2010, 10:58 PM
ed.w
Cruisin'

Hi Wirunner

I tried to use PIWIS to code off CDC but the PCM screen showed "PROTECTED", and can't do anything.

But i wonder why need to code off CDC ? i think the MoBridge simulate a CDC function.

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
If you unplug (power to) the CDC, the headunit will not be very happy, sinice you will essentially kill that node on the ring, since the FOT will be without power and light will not be transmitted out of the CDC to the next node on the ring.

This is the reason for the fiber optic bypass.
Next node on the ring... What is it a "Homerun"?
Old 02-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Wirunner

I tried to use PIWIS to code off CDC but the PCM screen showed "PROTECTED", and can't do anything.

But i wonder why need to code off CDC ? i think the MoBridge simulate a CDC function.

Thanks!
Did you toggle the mobridge off? You have to toggle the toggle switch up and down 5 times to turn it off or PIWIS won't be able to do anything.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:37 PM
wirunner
Pro

Hi Wirunner

Thanks!
B/c the P!g is easily confused by two CDC's. Coding it off doesn't turn off the ability to simulate CDC functionality, just actually turns the unit off.

Don't know what you mean by protected...my dealer futzed around with it for me and somehow turned it off and I no longer have the error and the occasional problem with searching for CDC. You could always ask Porsche52 about how to code the CDC off...he's the resident P!g grief counselor and is the one who figured out how to "code" a P!g to use mObridge without errors.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:16 AM
ed.w
Cruisin'

Thanks, Wirunner. I'll try it out with a PIWIS.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:16 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

you basically have to re arrange the order of the devices, you cannot simply remove the device there cannot be a space left in the list
Old 02-07-2010, 10:30 AM
ed.w
Cruisin'

What do u mean by re-arrange? Do u mean my CDC is at the back, so I hv to put the mobridge at the same position in the MOST loop?

Now I disable the mobridge by toggle 5-times the button until I had it fixed by PIWIS. BTW, if I want it appear again, I've to toggle 5-times again?

Thanks a lot!!
Old 02-07-2010, 12:08 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IIRC, our resident expert, Porsche52, had a detailed post on the PIWIS menu steps to rearrange devices on the MOST ring...

In honor of MadFox....STFF "!"
Old 02-07-2010, 12:50 PM
wirunner
Pro

This is what mudman and ltc are talking about...many thanks to our P!g grief counselor Porsche52 for this...

Originally Posted by porsche52
This a little crazy, because today I had two customers come in with this complaint, "CD changer not available error". They both had the mobridge IPOD and phone systems. Until today I have never had to deal with this complaint in conjunction with the mobridge system. After some phone calls and some fartin around with the PIWIS tester we found a fix. On both cars the CD changer fiber optic jumper was installed but the electrical plug was still plugged in. Unplugged the electrical connectors on both cars. Using the PIWIS, go into PCM, PCM MMI, Actual control unit list, re-code control unit list. The list was as follows,
Original coding
*PCM Gateway
*PCM MMI
*Phone
*CD changer
* External Amplifier
* Navigation

New Coding
*PCM Gatway
*PCM MMI
*Phone
*External Amplifier
*Navigation

After removing "CD changer" and moving everything up the list, back out 1 screen. The actual and required list are now unequal, but there is now way around this. Dis-connect PIWIS, lock car, allow car to sit for approx 10-15 min. Unlock, test, no warnings present, all functions work, FM, AM, IPOD, NAV etc. Before doing this, I had done alot of things with no luck, the first time I changed the coding and did not lock the car, I had no sound on FM and AM, IPOD worked, NAV worked, but no radio, it was very strange. Both cars as of now are fixed, no warnings.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:03 AM
ed.w
Cruisin'

Hi all

i used the PIWIS today at my friend's garage. First trial I put all the network in origional and diagnostic The PCM. However it showed 'Protected' on PCM screen, so my friend recommand to reset the PCM. So I take out the PCM unit, took out all sockets and wait for few minutes (any good method to reset pls suggest how to reset). Afterwards, i can diagnostic it with PIWIS.

I tried to unplug the power socket of CDC at the truck without taking out the fibre optics plug. (however I unpluged a socket with my hand went in the back of the CDC, I managed to unplug a socket with many small wires but the CDC still work. I wonder where is the electric plug is)

I've stopped working on it today and do it later after CNY. Any comments ?

Btw, when I use PIWIS connect to my car with the Original MOST network, I can only check what's in the network BUT could NOT change any things. Isn't it normal?

Thanks

Quick Reply: mobridge install experience