Sponsored by:

Sold Cayenne Titanium S for Buick Enclave

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 09:39 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wirunner
Do they still make the LeSabre? I wonder how that's been selling.
LeSabre is selling just as well as the vw/porsche 924... hey, a company can't win them all! I like to think more of the grand national GNX...of course besides looks and 0-80 acceleration, that car didn't have much to offer....if I had the money and space to have a 30+ car collection, an '87 grand national would be there however!

Yes it's true, I posted a buick picture in a porsche forum, but only because God forced me to sell the cayenne by blessing us with 2 more on the way . Oh well, the buick will keep me sleeping on the highway and dreaming of those oil change and repair charges...
Old 04-10-2009, 10:32 PM
wirunner
Pro

Originally Posted by ltc
OK, once again, since apparently some people still don't get it.....

The Pig Pen belongs to your esteemed Moderator, Mudman2.
(I'll skip the part about how no one else wanted to deal with the swine)

I am NOT the Moderator of the Cayenne forum, although as a wandering (some would say lost) Moderator, I'm fairly certain my 'Ban' button works in here.

I have NEVER owned a Cayenne.....EVER.
Please refer all such claims to PCNA Legal.
Dare I ask what a "Super Moderator" is?

Please don't ban me from the pig pen - it's quite too much fun in here. I was thinking of starting a new thread "Traded in Cayenne for Snow Blower" or something to that effect.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:26 PM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Buick is the most reliable brand according to the new JD Power Dependability Study based on three year old cars. Buick is also a very coveted brand in the emerging market of China, due to members of the Royal Family driving Buick's in the past, so the brand will survive any restructuring at GM. It is funny that there are three American brands in the top 5 of the study, Buick, Cadillac and Mercury.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:57 PM
wirunner
Pro

Originally Posted by andrew911
LeSabre is selling just as well as the vw/porsche 924... hey, a company can't win them all! I like to think more of the grand national GNX...of course besides looks and 0-80 acceleration, that car didn't have much to offer....if I had the money and space to have a 30+ car collection, an '87 grand national would be there however!

Yes it's true, I posted a buick picture in a porsche forum, but only because God forced me to sell the cayenne by blessing us with 2 more on the way . Oh well, the buick will keep me sleeping on the highway and dreaming of those oil change and repair charges...
Interestingly, my last (probably forever) American car was a 90 Thurderbird Supercoupe. I would put that square in the same league as the Grand National.

Two years ago for fun, I went to two dealerships to "test drive" some American cars to see if this "notion" that they are as good as their foreign competitors was true (I also used to work at a Lincoln dealer for more than a few years so think I can comment on this overall topic). The cars: MXZ, MKX, LS, and a Chrysler 300C. So let's see, the MKZ ran out of gas a mile from the dealer, we probably would have made it back but the sales lady made me stop twice so she could check to see if the dealer plate was still attached (they get charged you know if they loose them). She then told me I should keep my A4 bc it looked far nicer. Hmmm...next the MKX panoroof actually completely fell apart during the test drive and the shade fell on my head. My favorite though was the 300C. It drove like it looks (not a compliment unless you thought the "duck" was a good idea) and when i asked the sales guy what the engine was rated at, he told me "like 800 horsepower". These are actual true stories.

I'm also not sure JD Power is the best source for car buying advice. But what do I know; I did once buy an 04 CS.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:24 AM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately we needed more space as we have a 2.5 year old and have twins on the way....the buick is actually very nice (nicer in some ways than the cayenne- like options (bluetooth, back up camera, twin sunroofs, DVD, etc)...

Cayenne & Buick !!!!

where is Dr. Kevorkian?
Old 04-11-2009, 10:23 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Sam CS 05
Cayenne & Buick !!!!

where is Dr. Kevorkian?
Life changes things man- family first!
Old 04-11-2009, 10:31 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Interestingly, my last (probably forever) American car was a 90 Thurderbird Supercoupe. I would put that square in the same league as the Grand National.

Two years ago for fun, I went to two dealerships to "test drive" some American cars to see if this "notion" that they are as good as their foreign competitors was true (I also used to work at a Lincoln dealer for more than a few years so think I can comment on this overall topic). The cars: MXZ, MKX, LS, and a Chrysler 300C. So let's see, the MKZ ran out of gas a mile from the dealer, we probably would have made it back but the sales lady made me stop twice so she could check to see if the dealer plate was still attached (they get charged you know if they loose them). She then told me I should keep my A4 bc it looked far nicer. Hmmm...next the MKX panoroof actually completely fell apart during the test drive and the shade fell on my head. My favorite though was the 300C. It drove like it looks (not a compliment unless you thought the "duck" was a good idea) and when i asked the sales guy what the engine was rated at, he told me "like 800 horsepower". These are actual true stories.

I'm also not sure JD Power is the best source for car buying advice. But what do I know; I did once buy an 04 CS.

I have had similar situations- some dealer demanded I test drive the charger "hemi" when it came out, even though I said I wasn't interested- he said he was bored so lets take a ride. The fuel light was on when I started the car- the whole drive I was nervious we'd stall out. Anyway, I was not impressed by one thing- even the only thing it had going for it, the "hemi"- uh, I mean 5.7 V8. Got back in my then 7 year old 540 and was happy again. Even with the enclave, I literally know more than the salesman about the car, although that is the case at pretty much every dealer I have been foreign or domestic, which the possible exception of the porsche dealer.

It's true most of the american products don't hold a candle to the competition, but there are glimmers of hope with things like the Caddy v-series, corvette, enclave and it's related cars (Acadia and whatever the other similar platform cars). And the ford fusion is very nice in it's competitive field I'm told. I'm rooting for GM, but it's going to be an uphill climb. Hopefully the restructuring will bear this out, but it will take time. Personally, I wouldn' buy any of their products to elicit excitment, but for the comfortible people mover we needed this fit the bill. The corvette is a great performer, but just doens't have the "soul" I'd seek in a sportscar.

The Cayenne is a whole different animal- it can do so many things (offroad, highway cruiser, luxury, performance), but even for me I didn't want it- I'd rather sell my 540 and get a 2003 M5 with some money still left over, but that's also due to me not needing the space now that we have the enclave.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:27 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dare I ask what a "Super Moderator" is?
No
Old 04-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Life changes things man- family first!
I agreeI sold my 5 k miles Boxster because I couldn't share it with my son few years ago...many congrats to you and your family, enjoy every moment.

Cayenne and TT have both worked for us having only two kids (although 7 & 3) mounting rear facing seats are a bit more challenge...I think I am one of the few around here that love his Cayenne and is not shy about sharing it...though I have been chased by a ghost...
Sam

Last edited by Sam CS 05; 10-12-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:19 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 935 Likes on 566 Posts

It looks like a nice vehicle but I remember going into a Buick dealership once to get some touch-up paint for my GMC pickup (as they were out of it) and even at my advanced age I was the youngest person in the place by at least 30 years!! I couldn't wait to get out of there before someone recognized me!!

BTW, Lewis sarcastic??? Come on now....
Old 04-11-2009, 09:26 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

LeSabre is selling just as well as the vw/porsche 924... hey, a company can't win them all!...
The 924 ended its life as the 968 (quoted by Harm Lagaay as the most beautiful Porsche he designed), a joy to drive, hand built. the 968 Turbo RS is a masterpiece still to this day.....I'll skip the part about "you know who" killing it.

So, tell me again, how did the LeSabre end up?
Old 04-11-2009, 09:27 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by skl
Who called me sarcastic?

There WILL come a day, when no one is looking, the entire Cayenne forum and every single post/link/archive, WILL BE DELETED......in loving memory of Larry.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:02 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ltc
The 924 ended its life as the 968 (quoted by Harm Lagaay as the most beautiful Porsche he designed), a joy to drive, hand built. the 968 Turbo RS is a masterpiece still to this day.....I'll skip the part about "you know who" killing it.

So, tell me again, how did the LeSabre end up?
I love the 968, but the 924 was the 924- a car with a porsche badge, and you can't do anything about that. To compare one car to another just because it's the same company (even an evolutionary cousin) doesn't make sense to me. It's like comparing a CTS-V with a cimarron. Another example closer to home- I loved my cayenne, but some of the earlier ones caused quite a bit of trouble and cost to the owners...I believe you have pointed out many of its flaws over the years...while providing us plenty of comedy along the way
Old 04-11-2009, 11:04 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Sam CS 05
I agreeI think I am one of the few around here that love his Cayenne and is not shy about sharing it...though I have been chased by a ghost...
Sam
I loved our cayenne- thus my initial post that I had to get rid of it. My problem with my 964 is it doesn't have the rear seats. Actually thought about selling it and getting another 911 with rear seats, but then when we found out we were having twins it didn't make much sense- can't fit 3 kids in back of any 911- and wound up selling the cayenne instead.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:05 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by skl
It looks like a nice vehicle but I remember going into a Buick dealership once to get some touch-up paint for my GMC pickup (as they were out of it) and even at my advanced age I was the youngest person in the place by at least 30 years!! I couldn't wait to get out of there before someone recognized me!!

Well, let's just say I won't be picking up any chicks in the car unless they are in diapers (either because they are under the age of 3 or over the age of 90)

Quick Reply: Sold Cayenne Titanium S for Buick Enclave