Sponsored by:

Sold Cayenne Titanium S for Buick Enclave

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 11:10 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sold Cayenne Titanium S for Buick Enclave

Unfortunately we needed more space as we have a 2.5 year old and have twins on the way....the buick is actually very nice (nicer in some ways than the cayenne- like options (bluetooth, back up camera, twin sunroofs, DVD, etc), but of course it doesn't go stop or handle like the cayenne. It is whisper quiet with great ride and good quality interior bits/pieces with no rattles.

The cayenne had 33K miles on it- only issue from new was the parking brake release unit had to be replaced under warranty- the cayenne was incredibily reliable. Great car we will miss (someday I'll get my wife something more exciting- in the mean time, I still have my weekend toys- 964 cab and old beetle...)

Would post a picture (not that anyone on a porsche forum cares about a buick) but system is slow for some reason....if you need more space consider the enclave- it's like a lexus with more room and better looking in my opinion.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:35 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 944 Likes on 575 Posts

It takes guts to post on a Porsche forum you traded one for a Buick... Tiger would be proud... wait, he doesn't work for GM anymore does he???
Old 04-09-2009, 11:40 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Space, when you need it, the Cayenne can't provide it. So your choice is understandable and enjoy your kids. They won't notice the difference.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:01 AM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Great choice for a large family vehicle. The new Ford Flex is also nice.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:02 AM
mbslrm
Intermediate

The new Buicks are solid cars.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:15 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Yes- I'm very surprised at how good the design and car is, and with the deals GM has now, quite a bit of content for the money. We got a pearl white loaded with everything (all wheel drive, heated/cooled seats, etc)- everything except I think the towing package and side steps. Low $40's out the door.

It really is a great looking car too- I still can't get the pics on because my system or rennlist is slow- I'll post some tomorrow. My daughter did start crying asking where mommy's blue truck was going....well, I can't get her in the 911 because I don't have back seats. Unfortunately or fortunately, she is shaping up to like cars like her daddy...

I still can't get over how quite the car is at 80mph, and that reminds me I can't wait to drop the top and go 80 in the 911 (I have the g-pipe bypass on the car to get more sound) Funny how I want quite when doing the family hauling and noise w/the 911. (Hey, I figured I'd interject something about porshes in my post )
Old 04-10-2009, 07:09 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
It takes guts to post on a Porsche forum you traded one for a Buick...
I'm still going over the checklist for "reasons to ban a member".....
Old 04-10-2009, 07:10 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Damn.
He's a user, not a member

And he's covered under the "Leave the Cayenne owners alone...they're suffered enough already" exemption.

Damn.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:49 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

OK, here you go- not exciting, but luxurious...
Attached Images   
Old 04-10-2009, 10:50 AM
wirunner
Pro

Originally Posted by andrew911
Unfortunately we needed more space as we have a 2.5 year old and have twins on the way....the buick is actually very nice (nicer in some ways than the cayenne- like options (bluetooth, back up camera, twin sunroofs, DVD, etc), but of course it doesn't go stop or handle like the cayenne. It is whisper quiet with great ride and good quality interior bits/pieces with no rattles.

The cayenne had 33K miles on it- only issue from new was the parking brake release unit had to be replaced under warranty- the cayenne was incredibily reliable. Great car we will miss (someday I'll get my wife something more exciting- in the mean time, I still have my weekend toys- 964 cab and old beetle...)

Would post a picture (not that anyone on a porsche forum cares about a buick) but system is slow for some reason....if you need more space consider the enclave- it's like a lexus with more room and better looking in my opinion.
I assume this was a 10 day old april fools joke...but on a somewhat related note:
"
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- If General Motors goes into bankruptcy, many of its most iconic brands, such as Buick and Pontiac, might not survive.
"
I wonder what will happen to the resale value of those hot buick products. Anyone remember, Oldsmobile? But I regress... after all, I have been drinking the pig-flavored kool-aid.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:05 AM
richc
Pro

Be careful driving that Buick, I’ve read that certain parts of the male anatomy atrophy in those things.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:21 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Hey, look, it's got a Bose audio system...
Old 04-10-2009, 02:07 PM
RUSSCPA
Instructor

Lot's of good luck and congrats on yourt growing family.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:56 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by wirunner
"
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- If General Motors goes into bankruptcy, many of its most iconic brands, such as Buick and Pontiac, might not survive.
"
I wonder what will happen to the resale value of those hot buick products. Anyone remember, Oldsmobile? But I regress... after all, I have been drinking the pig-flavored kool-aid.
Well, Buick is supposidly one of the surviving brands- they only have 3 models, one of which is the enclave which is a top seller, and another of the 3 models was just redesigned similar to an Infinity inside (I don't know the model and am too lazy to look it up- it's on their website). The brands likely going away are: Pontiac, Hummer, Saturn, and Saab. GMC, Chevy, Buick and Cadillac are the likely survivors.

With regards to resale, I got a great deal on the car which gives a lower starting point, and we'll probably drive this thing for years and years- the depreciation matters less if you plan on selling it at 100K+ miles. While on the subject of deprecation, the cayenne dropped like a lead baloon- I got a great deal on that too, and still lost 33% in 24 months before factoring in sales tax (based on sticker price it equates to a 48% drop in 24 months, but I did buy the car as a leftover thus the good initial price). The only cars I ever owned that held their value well after buying them used were: 1978 911, 1987 911, and 1993 911. All air cooled porsches- sorry, but the plastic water cooled porsches deprecitate just like "normal" cars. Nice cars yes, but normal. The days of mercedes SLs and porsches holding their value long term are unfortunately over. And I dont mean to knock the cayennes- I owned one and would buy one for my wife again if we didn't need the space...personally, I prefer the stick BMW sedan as a daily driver so I didn't want to keep it for my car...

One this I wont miss is the $385 oil changes at the dealer. I was sure to give the new owner the contact information of my independent who charged something like $120 for the same service.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:59 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ltc
Hey, look, it's got a Bose audio system...
Funny you mention that- it sounds good, but is not nearly as good as the cayenne system, since the cayenne has the sub in the back. All the money the entertainment package costs in this car, that's one of my only complaints they should have put in a sub.

That said, I have a feeling there is some other reason you were commenting on the system...I assume it's a sarcastic comment

Quick Reply: Sold Cayenne Titanium S for Buick Enclave