Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 03:25 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew911
Funny you mention that- it sounds good, but is not nearly as good as the cayenne system, since the cayenne has the sub in the back. All the money the entertainment package costs in this car, that's one of my only complaints they should have put in a sub.
Huh, you don't say....

That said, I have a feeling there is some other reason you were commenting on the system...I assume it's a sarcastic comment
What would make you think that?
Old 04-10-2009, 03:49 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

oh oh oh oh hmmmmmm

cigarette anyone
Old 04-10-2009, 03:56 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mudman2
oh oh oh oh hmmmmmm

cigarette anyone
Not me.
Why would someone who designed the system in the Maybach (amongst others) do a system for GM?
Show some respect for the dead...even if he didn't deserve it while he was alive.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:58 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Help me out here, the Buick is much larger than the Cayenne?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:06 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, Buick is supposidly one of the surviving brands- they only have 3 models, one of which is the enclave which is a top seller,
Now now, don't shoot the messenger. I am sure the sales person that told you that was correct and CNN is wrong (they usually are). But to clarify my point, depreciation usually increases rapidly after a brand demise (most certainly wasn't trying to compare new pig depreciation, which is quite rapid without any other influences). Don't take my word for it, I found this on consumer auto guide:
"After more than a century, Oldsmobile is being phased out, not summarily executed. ... Even so, Oldsmobile's death-row status has depressed resale values and lease ..."

I'm sure you'll be fine though, GM builds cars Americans want. I even thought I heard Obama and the other cronies say that before they dished out billions in tax payer money. I was considering test driving one of America's finest too before I bought another Cayenne but the Porsche dealer made me buy one. They practically put a gun to my head.

To make it known too, I was not dissing the Enclave. It actually appears to be a very nice vehicle. Honestly, it's better looking than most Chrysler products. In fact, I'd say it's nicer than the PT Cruiser, Compass, and Sebring combined. Hell throw a neon in there too.

Last edited by wirunner; 04-10-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:21 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, Buick is supposidly one of the surviving brands- they only have 3 models, one of which is the enclave which is a top seller, and another of the 3 models was just redesigned similar to an Infinity inside (I don't know the model and am too lazy to look it up- it's on their website). The brands likely going away are: Pontiac, Hummer, Saturn, and Saab. GMC, Chevy, Buick and Cadillac are the likely survivors.

With regards to resale, I got a great deal on the car which gives a lower starting point, and we'll probably drive this thing for years and years- the depreciation matters less if you plan on selling it at 100K+ miles. While on the subject of deprecation, the cayenne dropped like a lead baloon- I got a great deal on that too, and still lost 33% in 24 months before factoring in sales tax (based on sticker price it equates to a 48% drop in 24 months, but I did buy the car as a leftover thus the good initial price). The only cars I ever owned that held their value well after buying them used were: 1978 911, 1987 911, and 1993 911. All air cooled porsches- sorry, but the plastic water cooled porsches deprecitate just like "normal" cars. Nice cars yes, but normal. The days of mercedes SLs and porsches holding their value long term are unfortunately over. And I dont mean to knock the cayennes- I owned one and would buy one for my wife again if we didn't need the space...personally, I prefer the stick BMW sedan as a daily driver so I didn't want to keep it for my car...

One this I wont miss is the $385 oil changes at the dealer. I was sure to give the new owner the contact information of my independent who charged something like $120 for the same service.
Congrats on your new ride! GM did make some terrible cars in the past and the current daily news isn't helping. But anyone that has actually driven one of their newer cars will tell you they are damn good! I have driven the new Chevy Malibu and the GMC Acadia (similiar to your new ride) and I must say WOW! Especially the interior design and build quality. Too bad most people mindset are still stuck in the past.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:29 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by russo
Help me out here, the Buick is much larger than the Cayenne?
3 rows of seats- with the 3rd row being comfortable enough for adults. We have the captains chairs second row, so the twins will each get a seat there, and my daughter will be 3 by then and will have her seat, then booster in the 3rd row. The cayenne would not have worked unfortunately.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:34 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by wirunner
Now now, don't shoot the messenger. I am sure the sales person that told you that was correct and CNN is wrong (they usually are).
Well, my news source is wall street journal and Buick is staying per them- additional analysis was done in WSJ on build quality (Buick beat out Lexus this year for JD power study), 2 of 3 models being new designs, and China demand for Buick. Figured it out for myself...didn't give the salesman a chance to give me the pitch BS No offense taken by anyone's comments- at the end of the day we are all car guys (specifically porsche people)...since you brought up obama dictating what we should drive, I did find it peculiar that before he was a serious presidential contender he drove a Chrysler 300C with 5.7 liter V8..."do as I say, not as I do..." f-ing hippocrite. I've heard that kind of stuff somewhere else before....oh yeah, Al Gore.

http://www.obamas300c.com/
Old 04-10-2009, 07:37 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ah a buick owner, truly
Old 04-10-2009, 07:41 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mudman2
ah a buick owner, truly
And damn proud of it
Old 04-10-2009, 07:52 PM
wirunner
Pro

And damn proud of it
Do they still make the LeSabre? I wonder how that's been selling.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:56 PM
wirunner
Pro

Well, my news source is wall street journal and Buick is staying per them- additional analysis was done in WSJ on build quality (Buick beat out Lexus this year for JD power study), 2 of 3 models being new designs, and China demand for Buick. Figured it out for myself...didn't give the salesman a chance to give me the pitch BS No offense taken by anyone's comments- at the end of the day we are all car guys (specifically porsche people)...since you brought up obama dictating what we should drive, I did find it peculiar that before he was a serious presidential contender he drove a Chrysler 300C with 5.7 liter V8..."do as I say, not as I do..." f-ing hippocrite. I've heard that kind of stuff somewhere else before....oh yeah, Al Gore.

http://www.obamas300c.com/
I wonder where Porsche landed on that dependability survey. I bet MY04 is still bringing the average down J/K

You are a good sport about it...I mean you did post a picture of a Buick in a Porsche forum. Although this is the pig pen and it's moderated by someone who's never even owned a Cayenne. He sure knows a lot about it though.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:14 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by wirunner
Although this is the pig pen and it's moderated by someone who's never even owned a Cayenne. He sure knows a lot about it though.
OK, once again, since apparently some people still don't get it.....

The Pig Pen belongs to your esteemed Moderator, Mudman2.
(I'll skip the part about how no one else wanted to deal with the swine)

I am NOT the Moderator of the Cayenne forum, although as a wandering (some would say lost) Moderator, I'm fairly certain my 'Ban' button works in here.

I have NEVER owned a Cayenne.....EVER.
Please refer all such claims to PCNA Legal.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:15 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

3 rows of seats- with the 3rd row being comfortable enough for adults. We have the captains chairs second row, so the twins will each get a seat there, and my daughter will be 3 by then and will have her seat, then booster in the 3rd row. The cayenne would not have worked unfortunately.
Sounds like an Audi Q7 would.
The TDI version should be on dealer lots this month.

Hmmn, Audi.....Buick.....
Old 04-10-2009, 09:34 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ltc
Sounds like an Audi Q7 would.
The TDI version should be on dealer lots this month.

Hmmn, Audi.....Buick.....
Actually did consider Q7 but the reliability has been horrid. I won't go into that type of situation.

Quick Reply: Sold Cayenne Titanium S for Buick Enclave