Sponsored by:

04CTT coolant tubes

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cayenne-kimo
Are there any special tools required to do this job? Can this be done at home over a long weekend?
Just preparing for the inevitable.

Thanks
Not a comment on your technical capabilities sir because I have no clue what they are but I would suspect that since this was once a "engine drop required" task I would suspect the skill level required of the DIY'er who attempted this task would have to be well beyond oil changes and brake jobs. Just a guess.

I remember several months back there was a photo posted of the engine showing the tubes, I remember because I made a comment about the starter being between the cylinders and under (?) the tubes. That photo might help someone understand what's involved with this.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:43 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the same defective pipes on a 06 turbo S? and has anyone has a stater issue i would think to knock that out while you are in there too.

costas
Old 01-24-2009, 04:46 PM
cayenne-kimo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Not a comment on your technical capabilities sir because I have no clue what they are but I would suspect that since this was once a "engine drop required" task I would suspect the skill level required of the DIY'er who attempted this task would have to be well beyond oil changes and brake jobs. Just a guess.

I remember several months back there was a photo posted of the engine showing the tubes, I remember because I made a comment about the starter being between the cylinders and under (?) the tubes. That photo might help someone understand what's involved with this.
Originally Posted by OCNYPORSCHE
There is a TSB on renntech from 2008 that indicates that the engine no longer needs to be taken out, so cost may be less if you are out of warranty.
I was referring to this comment that the engine no longer needs to be dropped to replace the new tubes. I'm not going to do it if I have to drop the engine. So, is it still doable using the new TSB procedures?
Old 01-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cayenne-kimo
I was referring to this comment that the engine no longer needs to be dropped to replace the new tubes. I'm not going to do it if I have to drop the engine. So, is it still doable using the new TSB procedures?
You missed my point. I understand it's no longer a engine drop task but at one time it was. That would suggest to me it is a rather complex or at least involved procedure, that is what I was trying to convey. I may be completely mistaken though, wouldn't be the first time.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:18 PM
CPais
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys should get an aftermarket warranty so that this is all covered. I don't understand how you can own this car without a warranty to cover all of this.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:25 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CPais
You guys should get an aftermarket warranty so that this is all covered. I don't understand how you can own this car without a warranty to cover all of this.
FORE !

Old 10-31-2009, 07:18 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 85 Posts

If someone locates an after market warranty program that covers this and cracked ignition coils please post it here.

I have checked with 3. They cover the S but not these faults....just stuff that seldom fails.

Quick Reply: 04CTT coolant tubes