Was thinking about a pre-owned Cayenne S for the wife

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 12:29 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B-Line
Thanks 993 Bill, but in all fairness, did you read post #17?...
But when a poster on the board insinuates that I don't belong on this forum and should be hurried over to BMW, well, I do feel it is my prerogative to remind him, that I've been here MUCH longer than he has and have also owned and currently own, my fair share of Porsche's.
I did read post #17. This forum is probably the most open to non-owner input and/or "liberal" about who posts here of any in Rennlist.. and you and anyone else who wants to post drivel to humor to useful technical information will always be welcomed by me. Sarcasm is what we live by here.. and apparently --- YOU MISSED IT! In fact, the only insinuations I see Mr. "I've been here longer than you have" are from your corner as to what you'll do with anyone who suggests that a Mom can't drive a Cayenne.
Was thinking about a pre-owned Cayenne S for the wife -- Cause we are eventually going to need a baby-hauler
This implies that you are young; I guess I'm showing my age since my kids are in or graduated from college.. I'll even go so far as to say I'm old. My grandfather, dad, and other elders always told me that with age comes some wisdom.. So forgive me if this sounds like your father talking to you... but you might read some of the "old timer" posts and gain some insight and wisdom as it relates to PAG and the Cayenne. IMHO, you come on here rather strongly and said what Porsche should do and shouldn't do and what you expect them to do so your wife can have a Porsche as a "baby-hauler". Those of us who have had CD Nav (search the threads) laughed our asses off at your BT comments. Porsche doesn't give a schitzu what you want if they keep you "sucked in" and thus will by a new Porsche to get the "new" feature you want. Just ask a guy named Larry... or Amelia.

You live in America (Thank God for your good fortune) and it's a place where if you have the $$$, you can spend them anyway you like -- if you don't want a Cayenne because it doesn't have BT, then as Steve Martin would say "excuuuuuuse me" that I pointed out that BMW X5's (I know, I know, you've had two) have that feature ready and available on a USED one right now. I simply know having been on this forum for several years (but not as long as you ) that PAG "is what it is". Thus the reason I have a mObridge BT and iPod after-market unit in my rear wheel well!
It's amazing how something so small and stupid, like a simple BT feature, can totally steer you away from one manufacturer into the arms of another. I'm still amazed at this time that Porsche doesn't realize they are losing New and Used car sales because of things like BT and outrageously expensive Sirius radio. My 997 Turbo can't even have satellite hooked up without voiding warranty. Sometimes the stupidity of Porsche really amazes me
This has been discussed here ad nauseum.. Search terms like Larry, trailer lighting, shimmy, cardan shaft, coils, solonoid, trim, CD Nav, TPMS, etc. etc. etc.

Final word. As retired Navy guy who voluntarily served to protect your right to say whatever the hell you want to, trust me when I tell you that the pilots who had your attitude were ones that ended up dead from over-confidence. Lest you read some insinuation in my posting. Let me be clear, I'm not challenging you to a fight, I'm not calling you "out" but rather pointing out that you appear to me to be overstating your case and a bit opinionated to the extreme.. hell, you might fit in nicely if you'll play nice in the sandbox.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:07 AM
sigs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, and to think I almost missed this thread. Panties in a wad. Egos on parade. Bitchin' about features not present on a truck you don't have to buy. Bitchin' about features you knew the truck didn't have when you bought it. Good times!

Why, if you folks are going to rant about missing crucial modern technology like BT, I might have to start ranting about buying a so-called SUV that can't even carry a real spare tire without an expensive, ugly caboose. What? I already did that rant? Sorry.

Well, at least while I'm stranded out in the boonies, I can listen to the same all-important Sirius radio that placates the masses on the "5".

You NEED BT? Really? Personally, I'd be happy to spend a few hundred bucks on an aftermarket blue-tooth kit (like the one my buddy put in his 5-series after suffering through multiple attempts at integrating with the dreaded "i") and suffer the inconvenience of having to turn off the radio to take a call. I'll NEVER be happy about seeing that worthless empty doughnut around my subwoofer --- well, not really worthless, since I turned it into a circular koi pond.

BTW, the koi really love Sirius Buzzsaw.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:34 AM
sigs
Racer

Originally Posted by MadFox
Final word. As retired Navy guy who voluntarily served to protect your right to say whatever the hell you want to, trust me when I tell you that the pilots who had your attitude were ones that ended up dead from over-confidence. Lest you read some insinuation in my posting. Let me be clear, I'm not challenging you to a fight, I'm not calling you "out" but rather pointing out that you appear to me to be overstating your case and a bit opinionated to the extreme.. hell, you might fit in nicely if you'll play nice in the sandbox.
Dadgummit, MadFox, if you keep passing out good advice like this, you're going to squelch the fun for us voyeurs.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:07 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sigs
Wow, and to think I almost missed this thread. Panties in a wad. Egos on parade. Bitchin' about features not present on a truck you don't have to buy. Bitchin' about features you knew the truck didn't have when you bought it. Good times!
Wait until B-Line washes his Cayenne, drives away while listening to his satellite radio, is on his Bluetooth phone, comes to a gentle stop and his windshield is flooded by the 55 gallons of water that is trapped in the roof rail slots, thus ruining his car wash........at that point, he'll likely need a proctologist to remove the panties from the crack of his a$$.

Oh wait a minute....wrong guy.....we've already had the 'roof rail complaint' thread......never mind
Old 07-26-2008, 10:11 AM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Final word. As retired Navy guy who voluntarily served to protect your right to say whatever the hell you want to, trust me when I tell you that the pilots who had your attitude were ones that ended up dead from over-confidence.
there is alot of that attitude from folks who haven't had the opportunity to have the universe make a concerted and organized attempt to kill them. as you say, most don't get the chance to learn from their mistakes. pilots work in an environment that is even less forgiving than others....
Old 07-26-2008, 11:00 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sigs
I noticed that these "good times" usually start happening when a husband comes on looking for a car for his wife. Remember the one who was trying to choose between a lexus & a jag and even posted a photo of his wife asking which one will suit her better?
Old 07-26-2008, 12:14 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

....Just ask a guy named Larry... or Amelia..
I can't remember....1st or 2nd cousins.....which one is "OK"?
Old 07-26-2008, 12:16 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
I noticed that these "good times" usually start happening when a husband comes on looking for a car for his wife. Remember the one who was trying to choose between a lexus & a jag and even posted a photo of his wife asking which one will suit her better?
Survey says....
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eunuch
Old 07-26-2008, 12:26 PM
sigs
Racer

Originally Posted by ltc
Oh wait a minute....wrong guy.....we've already had the 'roof rail complaint' thread......never mind
I'm still working on a solution for the those roof rail slots. Was thinking about turning them into mini-ant-farms, but I'm afraid the fire ants down here will move in and take over. Best option may be to pack them with C4. That way, I'll always have some around for recreational use, and I'll be fully prepared when I finally get fed up with all it's "flaws."
Old 07-26-2008, 05:04 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Cordite would do quite nicely in the roof rail slots.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:09 AM
sigs
Racer

Oh, man. I was just taking a great stroll down memory lane over on the "Hello Bluetooth" thread, with warm memories of glowing tubes, pegging meters, and the days when McIntosh wasn't a computer, but Cordite? Dude, that is so...subsonic!
Old 07-27-2008, 12:11 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Wait until B-Line washes his Cayenne, drives away while listening to his satellite radio, is on his Bluetooth phone, comes to a gentle stop and his windshield is flooded by the 55 gallons of water that is trapped in the roof rail slots, thus ruining his car wash........at that point, he'll likely need a proctologist to remove the panties from the crack of his a$$.

Nah, I actually think I'm going to get her the Audi Q5 when it lands. It's too bad though, I would have liked to have added another Pcar to the garage.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:52 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Q5....good choice
Old 07-28-2008, 12:39 AM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd have to say that if bluetooth is your criteria for car purchasing, then it obviously doesn't matter what u get...why not buy her a PreAss and call it a day.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:39 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Wow, tough crowd.

Seriously, with the release of PCM3.0, you might just want to wait a year or so and pick up a 'slightly used' Cayenne.
PCM3.0 has all the electronic stuff people have been bitching about.....although I'm sure there will still be bitching.

Quick Reply: Was thinking about a pre-owned Cayenne S for the wife