Sponsored by:

Was thinking about a pre-owned Cayenne S for the wife

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 10:50 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Displaying compassion publically? Larry, are you all right in there??!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:51 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Displaying compassion publically? Larry, are you all right in there??!
Me, compassion, Cayenne, newbie?

It's just the Rennlist Cayenne forum version of "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom"....minus Marlin Perkins and his chimp (usually safe and drunk in a studio while poor Tom attempts to circumcize a pissed off rhino or wildebeast or something).

I'm just trying to maintain a 'quiet and low profile'.....if you wait long enough, newbies always tend to get a little too close to the Cayenne ownership waterting hole and........well, we've all seen the show, we know how it ends......Larry drags the newbie's lifeless carcass back into the brush, only to discover that once again, it's not Peter the Great or Dr W........ah, someday.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:21 PM
sigs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
.....although I'm sure there will still be bitching.
Perhaps we could propose an unofficial forum motto (stolen from one of my staff, who suggested this as the motto for my department) - "Perfection is expected, excellence will be tolerated."
Old 07-28-2008, 02:23 PM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default i dunno

with PCNA it is more likely "RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.."
Old 07-28-2008, 02:28 PM
droptop
Pro

Default wow, 500th post

who woulda thunk it?

as a alternative motto, you could try "Quality will be remembered long after price has been forgotten, but every ! will remind you of how much you overpaid for mediocrity"

on a side note, do they even sell porsches in France? how would you like to be a service manager THERE?
Old 07-28-2008, 03:08 PM
sigs
Racer

I don't think Dante got that far into the levels of Hell.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:59 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sigs
I don't think Dante got that far into the levels of Hell.
Oui!

p.s. sigs, young folks won't know what you're talking about.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:16 PM
sigs
Racer

Maybe we can just tell them he's a "rap artist" who's penned a Gangsta' Operetta on the european perspective of the automobile's role in the progressive effects of global warming?

Oh my, I've just made myself sound like a crotchety old coot again, haven't I? ...GOOD!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:27 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

I think one must posses a dark sense of humor to really enjoy the car/track, which is the Porsche Cayenne. I tell everyone who asks, that it’s the most absurd car/truck I have ever owned and that is in large part, why I like/love it. The TT option just adds to the whole absurdity. Yes, it has problems, but it’s never left me stranded. A comment I cannot make about any car I have ever owned. I think the thing that really make me ponder is that that my "TRUCK" has a suede roof, wrapped in leather, etc and somehow I am supposed to take it "mud hogging", to prove its worthiness as an off-road vehicle. While at the same time, as a slightly aerodynamic turbo charged brick, it’s not exactly a killer road car...The CTT is an exercise in absurdity/excess, and that is what is so great about it. That fact that it doesn’t have blue thingy or a Ipod butt plug, just adds to it....

I think people who owned Jaguars in the 70's/80's, would appreciate it, the Cayenne that is.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:29 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by medtech
I'd have to say that if bluetooth is your criteria for car purchasing, then it obviously doesn't matter what u get...why not buy her a PreAss and call it a day.
Bluetooth is not my criteria for buying a car, but not having Bluetooth could be a serious consideration for not buying a car.

Allow me to explain: If I go and test drive 5 cars, I can promise you, I do not decide which one to buy based on the quality of the stereo. However, should four of the vehicles of have great sound systems and one vehicle has absolutely NO stereo, that is going to weigh on my decision.
- While the one without the stereo may drive fantastically well, there is the reality that living in a city like Los Angeles, a good deal of my driving time is spent in traffic. And the rumble of a Porsche engine at idle ain't all that impressive.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:50 PM
droptop
Pro

Default ummmm

Originally Posted by yetis
Yes, it has problems, but it’s never left me stranded. A comment I cannot make about any car I have ever owned.

I think people who owned Jaguars in the 70's/80's, would appreciate it, the Cayenne that is.
yetis, i hate to tell you this, but man you are buying the wrong cars.....
Old 07-29-2008, 01:53 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by droptop
yetis, i hate to tell you this, but man you are buying the wrong cars.....
BMW 325is - Blown radiator. (i think that was it, cannot remember)
Audi B5-S4 Electical issue - never fixed and forced me to sell the car. When you turned the cars lights on, the car would beep ever 2 minutes... two dealers spent weeks trying to fix it.
Porsche 996 C4 -- Bad coils in a big way. This might be as much the dealers fault as the cars fault.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:56 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Audi B5-S4 Electical issue - never fixed and forced me to sell the car. When you turned the cars lights on, the car would beep ever 2 minutes... two dealers spent weeks trying to fix it..

Why does that sound familiar?
Old 07-29-2008, 05:57 PM
droptop
Pro

BMW 325is - Blown radiator. (i think that was it, cannot remember)
Audi B5-S4 Electical issue - never fixed and forced me to sell the car. When you turned the cars lights on, the car would beep ever 2 minutes... two dealers spent weeks trying to fix it.
Porsche 996 C4 -- Bad coils in a big way. This might be as much the dealers fault as the cars fault.
you do notice the recurring theme here, right? they are all GERMAN cars. i suspect a causal relationship here....
Old 07-29-2008, 06:44 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ltc

Why does that sound familiar?

I made the mistake of buying mine (Audi) used and taking it to the evil death star of a dealer, Biener. I have been laying down the hate on them, with proof, ever since. After Audi decided to tell me to **** off, like you, I voted with my feet and turned down one of the first Seal gray RS4's in the USA (at a different dealer), which I had been waiting on for over a year. I know, a total non event to Audi.

So far, Porsche hasn't reached that point. This time however, I sense I can see it coming. Hint (it burns a lot of oil). I have been taking copious notes and third party oil analysis tests. (As an aside, Porsche now apparently requires all the engine replacements to be done with an oil analysis submission.) Every time I go to the dealer, I tell them there is a problem and then they tell me there isn’t. They even sent some of my oil analysis readings to Porsche. I am sure you can guess the response. So far the memories of speeding around the track in the 996 have been enough for me to keep the goodwill. I am sure however, these memories will fade.

Quick Reply: Was thinking about a pre-owned Cayenne S for the wife