Hello Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Noesis
I tried it on a CD, but, flipped it off pretty quick.
I'm shocked that Porsche would ship such defective software on a production model vehicle! Do you mean to imply that there might be buggy firmware in our beloved Cayennes? Oh, the pain! The Agony! I think you should go straight to your dealer and demand a replacement unit.

And while you're at it, ask for the DME flash to fix the throttle lag, ask for the dribbling rear washer fix, ask for the new Kessy unit because of diminished key fob range, ask for the headlight desicant kit and to top it all off, ask them for the US version of the towing firmware instead of the european version!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Noesis
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Thank you for that information.
yes, the Germans really do like heavy bass EQ's.....or at least that's what I heard.
No problem! Yeah, I think most people like the bass and treble boosted. Car stereos it can be fun. I think a parametric EQ wouldn't be too much to ask in a 90,000+ truck with the upgraded stereo, especially one that certainly already has one (it just isn't able to be modified by the consumer).

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
I'm shocked that Porsche would ship such defective software on a production model vehicle! Do you mean to imply that there might be buggy firmware in our beloved Cayennes? Oh, the pain! The Agony! I think you should go straight to your dealer and demand a replacement unit.

And while you're at it, ask for the DME flash to fix the throttle lag, ask for the dribbling rear washer fix, ask for the new Kessy unit because of diminished key fob range, ask for the headlight desicant kit and to top it all off, ask them for the US version of the towing firmware instead of the european version!
I don't think it's buggy, it seems to be doing what it is supposed to do, it's just not my thing - I like the regular stereo mode. I haven't noticed throttle lag, the mapping actually feels great, but, maybe I'm just too easy to please. As far as towing, I didn't get my GTS to tow, we have a F650 for that.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:29 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

...I think a parametric EQ wouldn't be too much to ask in a 90,000+ truck with the upgraded stereo, especially one that certainly already has one (it just isn't able to be modified by the consumer).
Actually, it is Bose Corporation policy that no Bose products have customer adjustable EQ's. I'm surprised they still allow bass/treble on headunits, but since they're not Bose (they're Becker), they don't have a choice.
The whole 'Bose thing' is based around an EQ, developed/tuned for the specific vehicle, that relies on psychoacoustics.....the so called 'Bose EQ' that is in all their products.
However, the tuning is more of an art than science and the customer always has the last word....in the case of the Germans, the last word is always.....MORE BASS.
(or if it were Christopher Walken on SNL......MORE COWBELL! )

...As far as towing, I didn't get my GTS to tow, we have a F650 for that.
YES !
Old 07-26-2008, 12:38 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...As far as towing, I didn't get my GTS to tow, we have a F650 for that.
Originally Posted by ltc
YES !
And to think you used to when two maglites were on some vehicle that you never owned!
Old 07-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
The whole 'Bose thing' is based around an EQ, developed/tuned for the specific vehicle, that relies on psychoacoustics.....the so called 'Bose EQ'
psychoacoustics

Never was there a more apropros word used with relation to our beloved vehicle!!!!!! Larry would be proud.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:15 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MadFox
And to think you used to when two maglites were on some vehicle that you never owned!
Back in those days, there was NOTHING that would have prevented me from getting to the track.
If necessary, I would have parked "that" vehicle on the shoulder, disconnected the trailer (a safe distance away from "that" vehicle), unloaded the Cup car, set "that" vehicle on fire (to provide sufficient road side warning flare effect) and driven the Cup car to the track.
The Maglites/Racers' tape/D batteries were simply Plan A.....
Old 07-26-2008, 11:18 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
psychoacoustics

Never was there a more apropros word used with relation to our beloved vehicle!!!!!! Larry would be proud.
Actually, Larry wasn't. His father was an audio enthusiast from the 'old' days....Robertson reel-reel with Crossfield heads, MacIntosh mono tube amplifiers, AR-1 speakers, Fisher tube tuners/preamps......Larry spent his very very early childhood tinkering with this stuff.

Psychoacoustics is just a DSP trick:
http://www.bose.com/controller?event...pace/index.jsp
Old 06-18-2010, 03:07 PM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Did anybody hear about a compatibility problem between the 2010 Cayenne Bluetooth and the Iphone? Calling works, everything works, but there’s no way you can transfer the contacts from the IPhone agenda to the CDR-31
Old 06-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheprestige
Did anybody hear about a compatibility problem between the 2010 Cayenne Bluetooth and the Iphone? Calling works, everything works, but there’s no way you can transfer the contacts from the IPhone agenda to the CDR-31
There's supposedly a software update that is adressed to fix the way the contacts appear on the screen and in what order. Your problem sounds more like compatibility. Is the iPhone 3GS?

Lauzon told me that my version was the most recent and there's still nothing else they can do for now. We're still waiting.....

In the meantime, I would consult the PAG booklet and document titled "Compatibility of Bluetooth Mobile Phones" with the PCM/CDR-30" available on the PAG website. I'm sure as a dealer, you've already read this document however I'm just being my usual **** self....
Old 06-21-2010, 04:05 PM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy E.
There's supposedly a software update that is adressed to fix the way the contacts appear on the screen and in what order. Your problem sounds more like compatibility. Is the iPhone 3GS?

Lauzon told me that my version was the most recent and there's still nothing else they can do for now. We're still waiting.....

In the meantime, I would consult the PAG booklet and document titled "Compatibility of Bluetooth Mobile Phones" with the PCM/CDR-30" available on the PAG website. I'm sure as a dealer, you've already read this document however I'm just being my usual **** self....
Pretty much done my homeworks { really deep }...but sometimes there's things out there that even Porsche doesn't know...

I'll keep the thread updated with any info when I'll have ...

Thanks

Quick Reply: Hello Bluetooth