Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS or a E63 Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 03:07 PM
SciFrog
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should look at an 06 Cayenne TT if you don't mind buying used...
Old 04-08-2008, 10:04 PM
rjklein
Intermediate

The sticker on the car was $98K so its about $28k off for 6,300 miles on the car. The car has every option. Now the GTS I had ordered was about $ 80K and once off the lot who knows. Currently they will hold their value but once the new body style comes out, seeeeee yaaaaaaa.

I think I am going for the E63 Wagon, besides wagons are cool
Old 04-08-2008, 11:55 PM
copasetic222
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Let us know your thoughts after you drive them both.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:59 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about a used e55 wagon- I read the 6.3 is a great motor, but the supercharged has more grunt/low end torque (plus it sounds awesome- the 6.3 may too- never heard one though). The e55 would also leave more money on the table for another play car

Speaking of wagons, several months ago I was seriously considering a 1994 or 1995 e320 wagon as they were the last of the old e style, and figured it was an interesting car that I could use with the family on the weekends- of course that would have been a 5th car for us and with only two drivers in the family my wife was giving me crap....it all started when I saw a totally restored brown 300TD turbodiesel with tobacco interior....I'm moving off topic here as and AMG wagon has a different purpose than the 300TD/E320 wagons
Old 04-09-2008, 03:11 PM
mlm0505
Track Day

Or dare I mention the thought of the ML63...???

I recently left my '05 CTT (which I absolutely loved) for an '08 ML63, and after about 2,000 miles, I am more than impressed.

The 63 motor is nothing short of amazing...linear power band, very usable power around town, blinding power when stomped on (70 to 130 mph is freaky smooth and fast...the CTT was fast too but more abrupt and jerky), and the tranny is beyond refreshing (always in the right gear), the cargo room is larger and more usable, and interior is a nice upgrade.

As for the handling, I expected I would be giving up some performance and feel, as I traditionally have despised how MB's have driven in the past. So far, I absolutely love the handling and feel of this thing. The wide 295 rubber is very grippy and I actually feel the car is more planted than my CTT was. I know the CTT will still win in a slalom and i've heard the '08's with PDCC are a huge improvement (I agree after I drove an '08), but I have more confidence in the hold of my ML now, especially on long, high speed curves (on/off ramps). Maybe its just the newness of the car...???

Either way, I couldn't be happier with the choice...especially considering getting over 10% off MSRP. The '09 ML63 will be getting a facelift that I personally don't like at all (more bling/chrome), and I know they are moving the '08's now before that. You could probably get a brand new '08 in the low 80's, which is a pretty good price for power, performance, luxury (I know, I know...), and space and utility (except for off-roading which I don't do). It also did just fine on ice and packed snow already as well.

It may not be for everyone, but I'd be happy to answer any questions about mine, and/or any comparisons I have with my '05 CTT.

Best of Luck
Old 04-13-2008, 09:06 PM
rjklein
Intermediate

Ok I drove both and the E63 wagon is insane, and is now in my garage. I had no idea this car was this much of a monster. The car is a blast to drive, every time I push on the gas peddle it makes me laugh.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rjklein
Ok I drove both and the E63 wagon is insane, and is now in my garage. I had no idea this car was this much of a monster. The car is a blast to drive, every time I push on the gas peddle it makes me laugh.
I understand completelyl! We just bought a CLK63 Black Series and I get the same smile on my face everytime I drive it..... The Cayenne GTS we're picking up next week will be primary transportation and CLK63 BS is a fun car, and fun it is!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:35 AM
SciFrog
Racer

Why are you comparing a 500hp car vs a 400hp SUV? Used vs new? 2WD vs 4WD? At least you should compare the Cayenne TT vs the E63...
Old 04-15-2008, 07:45 PM
rjklein
Intermediate

this was not intended to be an apples to apples comparison, this was a comparison on impracticality. Lets face it if the car is practical there would be too many on the road and I or we would not want one. So what I always want in a car is exclusivity, with out giving up too much practicality. So if you want to haul seven people around and go zero to sixty in four seconds flat, the E63 Wagon is the ticket.

Quick Reply: GTS or a E63 Wagon