Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The dreaded what is it worth thread.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 10:29 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have to add to what 2002m3drew had said the cayenne being a nice suv in many ways there are things about the interior that suck. Like the buttons and switches pealing on my CTTS and my 930 /951 never had this problem. So being drivetrain sound the interiors need help or at least a flash back to there old ways of doing things. I would like to know why all the buttom where white painted black ????? what kinda thing is that did they not expect you to touch them or even clean the interior with interior care and the BUTTONS START TO PEAL??? Even the vents on the a/c -heater are doing this for a meguriars cleaner!!

OOOh yeah I got as little better deal on my CTTS some time ago it had 34000 miles on it .BUT it is that carmona red didn't like at first but I think its nice now

costas
Old 11-25-2008, 08:54 AM
cayenne-kimo
Intermediate

I don't know if you're still looking for an '06 CTTS. They're selling one here in DC area for $59,900 with about 15,000 miles. It has the Turbo power kit added as well.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...927345922.html
Old 11-25-2008, 11:36 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cayenne-kimo
I don't know if you're still looking for an '06 CTTS. They're selling one here in DC area for $59,900 with about 15,000 miles. It has the Turbo power kit added as well.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...927345922.html
I am in the market for a Cayenne, thank you for bringing attention to this vehicle.

I do however have one small question.....I am new to the Cayenne and have learned a lot from this forum.

How do you add the Cayenne Powerkit to a Cayenne Turbo S?
Wasn't the Powerkit 'standard' on a Cayenne Turbo S?
Is this a Cayenne Turbo or a Turbo S?

Please respond ASAP, as I am at the airport and ready to board a flight to Maryland to buy this unique example.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:40 PM
cayenne-kimo
Intermediate

Talking

Originally Posted by ltc
I am in the market for a Cayenne, thank you for bringing attention to this vehicle.

I do however have one small question.....I am new to the Cayenne and have learned a lot from this forum.

Please respond ASAP, as I am at the airport and ready to board a flight to Maryland to buy this unique example.

Thanks for being facetious, but I guess you need to talk to the owner to find out more about it. He seems like a nice guy. He's replaced the Cayenne with a Bentley. He must have had the standard Turbo version then added the power kit which makes it a Turbo S+?

I don't know, I was just passing info to those that may be interested. I have his name and address if anyone wants it or you can just respond to the add. He has it listed on ebay as well. I wish I had the money but I could only practically afford a standard '05 turbo.

-Kimo
Old 11-25-2008, 12:42 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks for being facetious, -Kimo
Facetious....great Scrabble word....thanks.

BTW, no adding a powerkit to a CTT does not make it a CTTS; at least not according to VIN#s and PAG....but it is an attractive lipstick to add to a pig; great brakes.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:44 PM
cayenne-kimo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ltc

Originally Posted by ltc
Facetious....great Scrabble word....thanks.

BTW, no adding a powerkit to a CTT does not make it a CTTS; at least not according to VIN#s and PAG....but it is an attractive lipstick to add to a pig; great brakes.

So what does adding the power kit do besides giving it more HP and torque than the standard CTTS?
Old 11-25-2008, 12:46 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

So what does adding the power kit do besides giving it more HP and torque than the standard CTTS?
Bigger brakes.

The kit is basically just that.....ECU and brakes.....and a few misc bits.

The CTTS had some different PN's for rollbars, etc.....but they were minor.

Quick Reply: The dreaded what is it worth thread.