Sponsored by:

Suggested Options

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:10 PM
copasetic222
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Suggested Options

I'm new to this forum and to Cayennes. If you were purchasing a 2008 Cayenne Turbo, what options would be on your must have list, which ones on your maybe list and which ones would you avoid?
Thanks!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:48 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turb is pretty loaded up already.

The only "must have" option I would add is the pano roof.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Chestnut brown interior is a must have option.
Attached Images   
Old 02-07-2008, 01:31 AM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

tow package and standard steering wheel which gives you the heat in the winter time! Wood wheel is not heated!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:45 AM
uder26
Advanced

Does PDCC come standard on the Turbo? If not, must have.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:17 PM
copasetic222
Advanced

Default PDCC is a $3500 option

But everyone says it is a "must have" on the Turbo.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:27 PM
copasetic222
Advanced

Default I'm wondering more about other options...

Such as exterior trim, interior trim, etc. For example, rocker panel extensions, stainless steel nose plates, wheel extensions, exterior package in black, front air extensions painted, colored gauges, wood, arbon fiber or aluminum look interior trim (and how much of it, if any), etc. There are so many options that it's really hard to visualize how the vehicle will look and I thought enthusiasts like you guys would know what makes a difference and what's a waste of money.
The panoramic roof seems really unique, but is it worth $3900? Etc.
Thanks again.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by copasetic222
Such as exterior trim, interior trim, etc. For example, rocker panel extensions, stainless steel nose plates, wheel extensions, exterior package in black, front air extensions painted, colored gauges, wood, arbon fiber or aluminum look interior trim (and how much of it, if any), etc. There are so many options that it's really hard to visualize how the vehicle will look and I thought enthusiasts like you guys would know what makes a difference and what's a waste of money.
The panoramic roof seems really unique, but is it worth $3900? Etc.
Thanks again.

you might narrow the field down a bit by giving us a hint on colour etc as that really impacts a lot of the options you noted imo?
Old 02-07-2008, 04:29 PM
copasetic222
Advanced

Default Probably Meteor Grey....

Possibly Black or Silver. Probably the two tone grey interior but possibly black. However, seems like every vehicle I get is one of those colors so I'd be open to suggestions.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Brad Baker
Advanced

copoasetic, I just ordered a 09 CT. Must haves, would be the 21" sport wheels. I got blk on Blk w/ blk trim pkg, I thought it would look the sportiest look. I did pop for the pano roof. I think it will have some resale benefits. I passed on the pdcc, I have a C4S. I dont see myself racing this vehicle around winding roads. I also did some dk wood interior, I just like it. I was going to order the stainless plates, but decided I liked the all blk look. I ordered numerouns other items, but these where the basics. My vehicle is about 105K. Good luck, I'm very excited to get mine. Probably mid summer
Old 02-07-2008, 08:14 PM
sigs
Racer

It's interesting how often a question like this pops up on automotive forums and with what kind of certainty folks are willing to tell an unknown poster what he/she absolutely needs. If you're opinionated enough to want to spend the money on a Cayenne, you likely have some pretty definitive opinions already. I'd think you'd get better feedback if you'd let us know how you plan to use the truck, list off some of the options you know that you want, then list some of those you are considering, and ask for the negatives and positives folks have encountered with each of the latter. You might also try searching the forum for info on specific items, to find reports of possible problems. For example, the Pano roof had problems early on. If you are interested in it, you'd probably want to verify with recent buyers that those problems have been fixed.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:13 AM
racer_65
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I wouldn't get the pano roof. It's been known to cause problems, such as getting stuck or having wind noise issues. You can't install roof rails, or put stuff on the roof. It costs a bunch of money, and the driver really doesn't get the benefit of it.

On the trim options, it depends on your personal taste. If you get a black car, you might consider getting the black side trims. Definitely get the sport exhaust.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:40 AM
leek
Rennlist Member

I have an 08 meteor grey ct.
I have the pano roof, it is a great option. No noise or leaks, there is roof tracks that accomadate cross bars that hold anything you want on the roof. If you live in the north the extra light is great, especially this time of year.
I have tow package, I tow 20' and 24' boats, works great. I am running 21" sport wheels in summer and 19" snows in winter. The PDCC is worth the price if this is your "sports car" as it is mine. My interior is black with sport seats and all leather trim. very understated and elegant look. I opted for x m radio as well. Did put aftermarket radar detection, bluetooth and ipod docking station. I have none of the aluminum trim plates or valences on the car. I definately enjoy the keyless entry and my sill plates say Turbo on them when you open the door. I have standard heated seats and wheel. They took the name off the back for no charge. Through the first 9500 miles this has been a great car, no issues except it is a little thirsty, coolest car I have every owned.

Quick Reply: Suggested Options