Looking at an '05 Pepper S

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by STATMAN
993BillW,

I have my Cayenne S with nearly one year of factory OEM bumper-to-bumper warranty left. I am here in Wisconsin about 2.5 hrs north of Chicago. My Cayenne is on eBay (asking $39,900 OBO):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...203650805&rd=1

and is listed in the member-to-member classifieds here on Rennlist.

Would love to see my baby go to fellow Rennlister
Thanks for the offer. I saw your car yesterday when I looked on the 'bay (I do like red) but the car I'm looking at is an '05 w/ CPO until '11 for the same price. It does however have 59k mi. on it but that doesn't scare me with a Porsche. I haven't yet looked at the car (it's 175 mi. away) so maybe it's full of door dings ect.....
Old 02-01-2008, 02:48 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

993BillW--

Wow!!!...LTC is usually never this friendly and helpful when Cayenne newbies stumble upon this forum...usually something comes up about "chicken" or "squirls".

I'm guessing that the arena red 993 cab in your avatar must have softened him up.

Good luck with the search. The Cayenne S is an amazing machine, and the perfect modern compliment to a 993. (Some may disagree...ahem)
Old 02-01-2008, 03:00 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
993BillW--

Wow!!!...LTC is usually never this friendly and helpful when Cayenne newbies stumble upon this forum...usually something comes up about "chicken" or "squirls".

I'm guessing that the arena red 993 cab in your avatar must have softened him up.

Good luck with the search. The Cayenne S is an amazing machine, and the perfect modern compliment to a 993. (Some may disagree...ahem)
Shhh!....don't scare him away......he's almost at the edge of the trap.......

Yes, the fact that he owns a 993 did prevent the release of the squirrels.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

993BillW--

I have looked at this forum in the past and did do a little searching prior to making my post and I was hoping the 993 would buy me a little "slack". However, I have been around RL long enough that my skin is pretty thick now. I even venture into OT now and then...
Old 02-01-2008, 09:08 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Thanks for the offer. I saw your car yesterday when I looked on the 'bay (I do like red) but the car I'm looking at is an '05 w/ CPO until '11 for the same price. It does however have 59k mi. on it but that doesn't scare me with a Porsche. I haven't yet looked at the car (it's 175 mi. away) so maybe it's full of door dings ect.....
Yeah, I guess you like the red--my Cayenne S would match your 993. I don;t know, 59K is a lot more miles than 23K, plus you get no factory OEM bumper-to-bumper warranty after you hit the magic 50K mark. When Cayennes hit 50K, most of us tend to run!
Old 02-02-2008, 02:22 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Shhh!....don't scare him away......he's almost at the edge of the trap.......

Yes, the fact that he owns a 993 did prevent the release of the squirrels.
Did someone say "release the squirrels"?
Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2008, 06:31 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Did someone say "release the squirrels"?
Thank you for that.......THAT is a keeper.......worthy of the "never to see the light of day" official Forum T-shirt.

I believe we now have the "Official Cayenne Forum Mascot"
Old 02-02-2008, 08:43 PM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default yup..

he has that "repeat buyer" ambiance about him...
Old 02-02-2008, 08:46 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by droptop
he has that "repeat buyer" ambiance about him...
No, I think he has the "I'm about to go into Cayenne ownership 'naked'.....what could possibly go wrong" look in his eyes.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by ltc
No, I think he has the "I'm about to go into Cayenne ownership 'naked'.....what could possibly go wrong" look in his eyes.
Are you talking about me with this comment? If so, I thought I stated in my original post that the Pepper I'm looking at is a CPO program car but maybe I didn't.

The reason I've been spending so much time on this forum is I want to know what to look out for.

If the quoted statement wasn't directed at me then please disregard my comments.....
Old 02-03-2008, 02:07 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Are you talking about me with this comment? If so, I thought I stated in my original post that the Pepper I'm looking at is a CPO program car but maybe I didn't.

The reason I've been spending so much time on this forum is I want to know what to look out for.

If the quoted statement wasn't directed at me then please disregard my comments.....
No, I was referring to that really neat GIF of Scrat (the Saber toothed squirrel, from the movie Ice Age) that Rome posted in post #21 (see above)

Nothing to do with you, sorry if there was any confusion.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by ltc
No, I was referring to that really neat GIF of Scrat (the Saber toothed squirrel, from the movie Ice Age) that Rome posted in post #21 (see above)

Nothing to do with you, sorry if there was any confusion.
Ah so! The look in the Scrat's eyes. Now I understand, sometimes I am a little slow....

Quick Reply: Looking at an '05 Pepper S