Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help please...

Old 01-17-2008, 07:43 PM
NiCkY69
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ozr
...go to the dealer ASAP...while SIMPLE defect does not become costly MAJOR...

...you most probably have the following:

...faulty transfer case servo motor.

- 0.5 hours labor
- P/N 955-624-601-00

...the potentiometer in the motor becames intermittent at low/freezing temps...

If you WAIT and do not do it now ASAP, next thing will go in about 3-6 mo the whole transfer case, starving of oil. In 3-6 mo slowly braking aparts transfer case WILL develop an oil leek and then WILL desintegrate, probably, while you'll be driving the thing on a hiway at above 50 mi/h...Cay will give you two error messages on a driver cluster display:

1. all-wheel drive system faulty - Workshop
2. as a consequence to the above error, PSM failure - Workshop.

OZRacing
I have seen the all-wheel drive system faulty a few times, but just this winter....it seemed to come on when the front end of the car was elavated....
Old 01-17-2008, 07:45 PM
NiCkY69
AutoX

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for there fast response on the problem, I really appreciate it...i will stay pretty active on this forum...lots of great info and yes, I will learn the search feature in the future....
Old 01-17-2008, 08:13 PM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wow...

5 pts for the correct answer, -2 points for cardigan (ok, i once mistranslated "i am but a voice crying out in the dessert" in ancient greek).

EnigmaWmn gets 2 points for the assist, would be 3 but she didn't prove that she could spell cardigan.

leek gets -1 for not proving he could spell Chevrolet, but that is nulled out by the +1 point he gets for the first use of my new forum nickname "Nissan" not in a locked thread.

i'm infiniti, he's nissan...
Old 01-17-2008, 09:18 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Leek gets 10pts for saying "expecially"
Old 01-18-2008, 01:51 PM
leek
Rennlist Member

Ouch Where is that spellcheck anyway?
Old 01-18-2008, 06:22 PM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EnigmaWmn, you are too good..

one of the reasons (there are many) that i use firefox is that it has an integral spell checker. any words i type in a browser window that don't match it's dictionary are underlined in red, giving me a chance to expand it's dictionary, or (more likely) correct yet another lapse in spelling.

unfortunately, my being a mere voice in the banana split slips through, dessert and desert both being equally well spelled. my ancient greek professor didn't buy that answer either, however.

firefox did just also keep me from three "n"s in banana though....
Old 01-18-2008, 08:39 PM
HD2pct
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by droptop
one of the reasons (there are many) that i use firefox is that it has an integral spell checker. any words i type in a browser window that don't match it's dictionary are underlined in red, giving me a chance to expand it's dictionary, or (more likely) correct yet another lapse in spelling.

unfortunately, my being a mere voice in the banana split slips through, dessert and desert both being equally well spelled. my ancient greek professor didn't buy that answer either, however.

firefox did just also keep me from three "n"s in banana though....
Yes, be sure to expand "it's" dictionary.

Who knows - if not for spell checkers, it's possible that half the people on here couldn't be understood, so it's nice that we have them.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:58 AM
NiCkY69
AutoX

well the part is in and I will be dropping it off tommorrow morning to get the wifes Porsche fixed....$1,000 with parts and labor...not too bad...I hope nothing else goes wrong with this car....will keep my fingers crossed......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need some help please...