Sponsored by:

Kudo's to Pioneer Porsche Center San Deigo

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kudo's to Pioneer Porsche Center San Deigo

In particularly Angela whom was the service writer that worked with me this morning when I dropped the CS off for....and I know there was another member on here that said when I started to get the intermittent direction indicator failure warning, that it would go for good within a couple of weeks....well it did! LOL!

So since I am going semi-naked this December 24th (when my factory warranty expires, but then my third party extended warranty begins), but so since my factory is up I asked her that in addition to my two burned out bulbs....if there was ANYTHING else that the tech could find wrong, would be awesome!!

So she asked me for the keys and went out to get the mileage etc... and when she comes back in she sat down and said "Well...just from my observations alone, your rear hatch struts are weak, along with your glass ones so those are going to need to be replaced, also......" and she named off a few other things!!

Angela

So she just called and asked if they could keep the car overnight as they are bringing parts in, and I am in a Grand Prix GTP rental that they gave me...I was like no problem! Thanks again!

So yea....I had a ****ty experience with the sales people there before, but BOTH times (and it was her that helped me both of those times)...the service department has been awesome!

Old 12-04-2007, 07:10 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

makes sense... service is where dealers make their real money.

very smart service writer; most writers make commission on service "sales" so she was smart in checkin' those out... upped her ticket. pcna pays for the warr. items. win win situation really.

btw: pioneer is by far the best place to buy parts as well. always seem lower than other dealers, etc. seem to be always close to 20% less & sometimes even lower on items like wheels, litronics, etc. (my experience w/ them).

nice to get good service; sad it's getting so rare.

another great thing about dealer repairs is that it comes w/ the 2yr. warr. too.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:43 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm looking at taking my Club Coupe there next week - good to sound my new dealer is well regarded...

Old 12-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Stone43
Racer

I have been going to Pioneer (for parts when I had my aircooled P-cars) and for service when I have been under warranty. I have had pretty good luck there with Shaun. Angela is pretty new (and much cuter than Shaun) so it is good to hear that you were able to knock down many birds with one stone. That is not always the case though. I have had a few "call me when you get this message" calls when it was in for service which tranlates to "you will be spending more money with us..."

Parts department has always been good.

I did have a bad experience with the sales department and had to switch salesmen when the deal was going awry. Eventually it all turned out o.k.

So stick with her if you like her.

I wonder if my struts need adjusting.......
Old 12-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Stone43
I have been going to Pioneer (for parts when I had my aircooled P-cars) and for service when I have been under warranty. I have had pretty good luck there with Shaun. Angela is pretty new (and much cuter than Shaun) so it is good to hear that you were able to knock down many birds with one stone. That is not always the case though. I have had a few "call me when you get this message" calls when it was in for service which tranlates to "you will be spending more money with us..."

Parts department has always been good.

I did have a bad experience with the sales department and had to switch salesmen when the deal was going awry. Eventually it all turned out o.k.

So stick with her if you like her.

I wonder if my struts need adjusting.......
Yea Angela rocks! She called me this afternoon (as I was expecting to get my CS back today) and said "Is it okay if we keep it for one more day? I wanted to have them change out your "headlight lens gaskets"??? as well, and the parts are coming in overnight? Feel free to keep the rental until your warranty work is done" I was like HELL YEA!

Angela is pretty new (and much cuter than Shaun)
(then I told her to let me know when I can take her out to dinner)

But yea like I said...my factory warranty is up December 24th (then my after market extended warranty kicks in), but I took it in primarily for two burnt out bulbs, and a rattle that appears and is only noticeable upon cold start up in the morning (the rattle comes from underneath and is RPM related). But like I said, I just kinda wink wink to Angela that I am going naked in 2 weeks so......and it looks like she is hooking me up!!

She made a reference to "her Porsche", so I am not sure if she herself drives a Cayenne also or not.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JFScheck
I'm looking at taking my Club Coupe there next week - good to sound my new dealer is well regarded...

Yea and as you hear a few of us already mentioning Angela. Get with her and you will be in good hands
Old 12-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Well....picked the CS up today. All bulbs replaced. Unfortunately the tech could not get the RPM rattle upon cold start up to "reduplicate"

I even was like "Okay...so like you guys had the Cayenne for two days. Did both mornings when the tech started the car, did he rev it even slightly? He/she should have heard like rocks being rattled around in a box?" I was not upset, but rather more dismayed that they did not hear what I have been hearing EVERY morning for the last two months!!

She said that they noticed that my after market license plate frames were slightly loose, and that could have been the problem so they added some adhesive/washers/something to better secure them. But I looked at her and said "Okay...say IF IT WAS the plate frames? Then why does the rattle go away after engine warm up?"

I only got a in return. But I told her thank you, and that I guess if it is in fact a small problem, the car will be back when it becomes a bigger problem and THEN maybe more noticeable

But all in all...I have been, and still am happy with the service that I have gotten from Pioneer Porsche. She did hook me up with the headlight gaskets and hatch struts so
Old 12-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Cannoli
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad to hear of your good experience with Pioneer ... I too have received top-notch service from Pioneer. To date, I've only dealt with Shaun.

I live literately down-the-street from Hoehn Porsche. I choose to drive the 20 miles to Pioneer for my Porsche needs.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:59 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Angela - what a great fit for my new 911 maintenance needs!

Old 12-14-2007, 02:04 AM
RoninM5
Advanced

My hatch struts died in my 2004 also. Replaced under warranty by Newport Porsche.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:13 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

I had the same issue - TWICE with the hatch struts on my 2004
Old 12-14-2007, 03:38 PM
RoninM5
Advanced

My struts died a slow death. I got tired of occasionally bumping my head when they decided they would only work 80 - 90% of the distance...
Old 12-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Stone43
Racer

How high are they supposed to go? I always have to duck quite a bit with mine. I just thought they came that way.....
Old 12-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

How high are they supposed to go? I always have to duck quite a bit with mine. I just thought they came that way.....

LOL! Me too! That is what I thought after having bought mine used with 17k miles on her, so I never had anything to compare. But I am 6'3 and was ALWAYS hitting my head and just thought "Oh well....I guess this is just how the car is?" Especially with it only having 17k miles on her? But I guess the miles really do not matter with something like that, so with that said it is a 2004 (build date Nov/03).

Anyways....they changed them out and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! In my best at trying to describe the differences to help ya out.....BEFORE when the hatch was opened I would say that using the rear hatch glass and the roof line as a reference point, that the glass hatch would be probably.....ahh hell, here I drew a pic:

Quick Reply: Kudo's to Pioneer Porsche Center San Deigo