Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to get after a Cayenne Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 10:57 PM
BinNY
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to get after a Cayenne Turbo?

My CTT has been in the shop for a week and a half because the battery keeps dying. I'm getting pretty fed up since this is the second time in 2 months (on top of the other visits for typical stuff like air bag lights, blinking headlights, etc.). What would you guys get that is more reliable than a CTT but still fun to drive and big enough for the wife, kids and dogs? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel, but I'm getting there.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:07 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I would suggest another "newer.....re: MY06+" Cayenne, as it has been stated here on numerous occasions that:

A. Once you get far away from the alphas/betas, you have far fewer issues.
B. There is no substitute
C. The Cayenne is in an SUV class by itself.

Hey, wait a minute, maybe I should buy a Cayenne......
Old 11-28-2007, 12:01 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 973 Likes on 591 Posts

yeah,
that will happen...
Old 11-28-2007, 12:37 AM
sigs
Racer

Originally Posted by ltc
Hey, wait a minute, maybe I should buy a Cayenne......
It's official. Armageddon is upon us.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:30 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Actually, my wife made a comment the other day that she sort of missed driving Larry's Cayenne.
Of course, she did make the point that when my son turns 18, maybe a highly depreciated CPO Cayenne might be considered for his first vehicle (big, safe, AWD.....mother's criteria).
After the paramedics revived me with the defibrilator (damn I was really enjoying that game of chess in hell with Peter the Great and Dr W.), I made an immediate call to my attorney and verified in the pre-nup that her statement alone was grounds for divorce...
Old 11-28-2007, 12:45 PM
hk_usp9f
Instructor

Originally Posted by ltc
I would suggest another "newer.....re: MY06+" Cayenne
For a moment there I thought hell just froze over.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:54 PM
FJL996
Track Day

Range Rover Sport would be my choice
Old 11-28-2007, 12:55 PM
sigs
Racer

One of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse just passed me on the highway. Of course, I was driving the dealer's loaner Cayenne-6, so it was no great feat.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:28 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FJL996
Range Rover Sport would be my choice
Not sure that's the right next car for someone who is tired of going to the dealer for repairs...

When we test drove one, the CEL was on and the NAV system didn't work. When we asked the salesman if we could drive a different car to see how the NAV system worked he gave us,

"They're all like that. They break, but we can fix 'em."
Old 11-28-2007, 03:28 PM
ozr
Racer

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by BinNY
My CTT has been in the shop for a week and a half because the battery keeps dying. I'm getting pretty fed up since this is the second time in 2 months (on top of the other visits for typical stuff like air bag lights, blinking headlights, etc.). What would you guys get that is more reliable than a CTT but still fun to drive and big enough for the wife, kids and dogs? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel, but I'm getting there.

...just FIND the electricity "leak"/ "leaking"/faulty/non-shutting down ControlUnit...

0. dont pay out of warranty dealer LEARNING/RESEARCH time.

1. SHUT DOWN the car, so MOST systems SHOULD go to sleep after a little time.

2. check EVERY circuit on the right passenger front fuse panel and the left driver side front fuse panel, it's EASY to do YOURSELF. Read car Manual page 295 for legitimate electr. current numbers (fuse numbers). If electrical illiterate, just find good electrician OUTSIDE of the PORSCHE dealership... => ...this way you'll find NONsleeping circuit. Then just realize, if ANY devices on this subsystem circuit should be ACTIVE, when car SLEEPS. Some subsystems are legitimate , OTHERS should drain NO current... => YOU LOCALIZED/FOUND faulty/nonsleeping circuit.

Then THINK,.. you don't need to go analyze each device on the selected faulty circuit, just THINK what recently "manifested faulty behavior", was recently replaced by NONcarefull dealer, was intruded/touched by SOME noncarefull technician or any other "manifestation" (cold weather temps, rain, carwash and etc...)...

...you'll find NONsleeping device/ ControlUnit, it's faulty and doesnt shut down properly, doesnt go to sleep...POINT it to the dealer and replace it at the dealer...

...you may also use key RESET procedure described before MANY times by me and others to try to "reboot" car subsystems or change Comfort Settings language from English to German and back...and OBSERVE car behavior, if changed...

JUST DONT be too pessimistic, dont pay BAD dealer for tech "education session on your car"...find a good dealer...fix the car.

As for the recommendation for the next ride after CayenneTT, TEST DRIVE OTHERS, fill yourself with OTHERS miserable ride behaviors, then, I recommend, go back to the SAME but newer car:

1. CayenneS 08
2. CayenneTT 08 (if money issue, then CayenneTT06...)

Stay optimistic and intelligent in your financial/technical dealer transactions, we'll help you out...

OZRacing
Old 11-28-2007, 10:09 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Frontal lobotomy ?
Old 11-28-2007, 10:27 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My next buy is a Smart
Old 11-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,580 Likes on 989 Posts

We've been quite pleased with the HUMMER. You can still order the H1, and I know that bomb-proof paint is an option. It is in the same general price range as a new CTT. I think it has bluetooth as a standard feature now too...
Old 11-28-2007, 11:09 PM
khaug
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go drive a VW Touareg V10 TDI. More torque than the Cayenne Turbo, similar build quality, quiet and serene in highway cruise, hugely less costly, better looking IMHO.

At 6 mos of age and 8k miles, ours has been flawless, save for the need to immediately replace the horrid Goodyear Wrangler OE tires,
Old 11-29-2007, 01:10 AM
racer_65
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good, no one is recommending any type of Bimmer or Mercedes.

My pick would be an '06 Cayenne Turbo S.

Last edited by racer_65; 11-29-2007 at 01:48 AM.

Quick Reply: What to get after a Cayenne Turbo?