Sponsored by:

Porsche warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slider172
How have you found time to talk warranties while trying not to beat the crap out of your landlord?
Man I know....I know right? Its like....when it rains it freaking pours! I have almost $2k wrapped up in the extended warranty that I am worried about, and my ex-slum lord is trying to keep my $1550.00 deposit any way he knows how (not to mention that I ended up paying for the damn A/C unit over the summer that set me back $2600.00)....man I am surprised I can even afford owning a Porsche at this moment in my life Actually I can't....I am just making ends meet until this December when I retire when hopefully my financial situation improves dramatically.

If the Capitol underwriters goes TU on this and fails to honor any warranty work....my only option then would be to probably go back to Pioneer Porsche and buy an extended warranty from them (but probably to the tune of $3000.00), which even if I got my original $2k back from Capitol/MBA Direct....coming up with the extra $1k is going to be a problem (with what I have already mentioned, I have also incurred big expenses just by separating from my wife and taking a majority of the debt....along with moving into my own place)....yea....this past year has been a very expensive one for me.

The way I see it.....it might just come down to having to sell one of my cars, either the 350Z (with just over 20k miles on it), or the Pepper S (which just hit 26k miles) in order to stay afloat

But yea...as far as the slumlord goes....I have not set anything in motion yet as he has by law 21 days to return my deposit along with an itemized deductions memo. My last words to him were "I got nothing else to say to you other than the fact that I demand my ENTIRE deposit returned to me by the deadline, if you fail to comply....then I will see you in court my friend". So he has not responded since....so if January 21st comes and goes without my deposit being returned to me....then its off to court.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by alsamrob
Then begin self-medicating, I mean, self insuring.
Oh believe me....I have some VERY GOOD "stuff" for self medicating (all legal of course I tell ya.....pharmaceuticals are an amazing thing)

And I have thought about the self insuring thing, but quickly abandoned that idea after realizing that having $1800.00 set aside for Cayenne "issues" could easily be spent on one single trip...and then I would be assed out. Nah....if I end up getting my money back, and am unable to find a company that would be able to match that price....the Pepper is going to have to go unfortunately

Actually I think I would sell both the CS and the 350Z and either go back to a BMW (newer CPO car with plenty of warranty left...perhaps an M3), or another Infiniti G35 Coupe until I retire later this year. Then once that occurs....I will be back in a Cayenne, and if I do that....you can bet your *** that it WILL be a Turbo model this time around
Old 01-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JRCTT
Hey Nexus...what does this mean for us??? I think I want my $50 bucks back

Is that Hawaii 5-0 I hear in the background...damn
Oh and I think that I forgot to post the link to who our actual underwriters are for our policies:

http://www.ciginsurance.com/

I called them and was told that due to them having experienced a power outage earlier this AM, their servers are still down and are not able to view any account info. They told me to give them a call back in about an hour and hopefully they will be back online.

Hey....just a quick question....when you received your warranty packet from MBA Direct (the one that outlines all of your coverages etc...), does it list "Old Republic Insurance Company" as your underwriter? Mine does, and when I called this AM and talked to Ed at MBA Direct, I told him that I had actually called Old Republic and they had no clue who I was, and transferred me to sales!! That is when I hung up and immediately called MBA Direct to ask them WTF?

That was when I got patched through to Ed, and he admitted that it was an "automated clerical error", and that the Porsche warranties were through Capitol Insurance. I expressed to him that my "street smarts" were telling me that this is all coming off as being kind of shady, and as far as I am concerned....they are on strike 2. One more and I am pulling my money back (which it is pro-rated from the day that the policy went into effect....with mine being December 24th, 2007....I should get damn near every dollar back).

But he is supposed to be having a NEW package sent to me with the correct info on it, and again told me that for those of us that had already purchased a policy, that MBA Direct WILL MAKE GOOD in upholding the contract. So I am going to continue to do some more digging and make sure that everything is on the up and up ya know? I have tried Capitol Insurance twice already today to verify my policy, but the first call went to some voicemail (which I left a message, but have not received a call back yet), and the last call some 20 minutes ago (1:00PM San Diego time) and their computers where down. So I gonna call back in about an hour (meanwhile I will be doing any and all research to see if this Capitol Insurance is solid with a good history).

Fingers crossed.

Jason
Old 01-04-2008, 06:42 PM
leek
Rennlist Member

My observations and opinions (fwiw)
I think that CR needs to retest the Cayenne and do some additional research, the write up has not changed for several years and I think their information is dated
I have 6 months and 9000 miles on 08 Turbo with no significant issues
It took me six months and driving every SUV in the marketplace to make a decision to spend $120K. Some were better values but none of them performed, handled, stopped or towed anything like the Porsche. I also favored the looks over the competition, especially the FX 45 (personal bias). If you have ever been struck in a Japenese car you may have issues with how they are built (I do). That extra 500 # of steel around you offers some degree of protection.
I have had prior dealing with Barrier (local dealer) and have been treated fairly by competent people.
I admittedly do not have any dealings with Porsche of North America. I generally do not buy cars that are early in their development, I am not sure that there are many success stories with new models. If you choose to take that risk then you may be left dealing with the consequences.
I am not a big believer in extended warrantees or insurance in general although I carry what I have to as well as $20 m excess liability. It has been my experience that the insurance companies are there when collecting the premiums but absent when you have a serious claim. I prefer to self insure for the most part for this reason.
I look forward to jumping in this car every day. It is the most capable all around car that I have ever driven...
Old 01-05-2008, 09:33 PM
davidbrondstetter
Advanced

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Why exactly is it you took it upon yourself to speak for the majority? Did we choose you to speak on our behalf? I certainly didn't, as I don't need anyone representing me. Did I miss a forum meeting where everyone appointed a public speaker?
Did I say I was speaking for the majority? NO. Learn how to read. I really amazes me just how stupid some people can be. Show me where I said I speak for the majority of people here!

You my friend need to go back to school and try not to sleep through the part where they teach you how to read.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:19 PM
davidbrondstetter
Advanced

Originally Posted by sigs
What, are you NUTS? This is the most fun we've had in weeks. In one corner we've got an embittered, tortured veteran of the PCNA wars (with the credibility that embues) who can't understand why everyone else doesn't accept HIS suboptimal solution to a complex problem. In the other corner, we have a relative newcomer who is sure that he can speak for all the rest of us and bases HIS position on worthless polling data.

This may be the closest we get to seeing John McCain debate Hillary Clinton.
"relative newcomer" huh? Well, let;s see, it appears that you have been here since July 2006. Drop top has been here since March 2006. I have been here since January 2005. What are you talking about? You might also want to retake the classes where they taught you how to read. Who's the relative newcomer? It would appear to be both you and Droptop.

As for Droptop, I still can't understand why he continues to post here. If others don't think it is a bit ridiculous, than fine, I don't really care. The old (AG had to force porsche to buy back my Cayenne) story is played out. I once was responsbile for representing a major OEM in lemon law cases. I did that for about 18 months. In my experience, about 95% of those people that went lemon law and did not get back into a the same vehicle and/or same manufacturer simply couldn't afford the vehicle and that is why they went Lemon law in the first place. They also were the ones who were the most negative about the brand and the model. It is a justification mechanism for why they don't have a new replacement vehicle of like kind. Since they couldn't afford to get a new one, they bash the hell out of the brand and say things like "will having the porsche crest on the front be worth the additional trouble? that is a question each person has to answer themselves. for me, the answer was "NO!"". Sound familiar? Then, of course, they build up their new vehicle as better. Again, sound familiar.

I find it interesting that drop top continues to post here even telling us about his FX and his brilliant double line passing (around a minivan no less) as proof of its power. That is great, you should be proud of the fact that you endangered the life of some woman (and her passengers) driving a minivan in poor conditions. Here is a reminder of your description of the conditions"(it's a interesting drive in good conditions, these weren't.)". As if minivans aren't difficult enough in bad weather, you had to make it worse.

I don't have anything more to say about this. It seems riduculous, because it is ridiculous. I am surprised I've wasted my time on it, but am quite pleased that both droptop and I have provided the board with some much needed entertainment.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:26 PM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wow...

feel better now?
Old 01-05-2008, 10:46 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davidbrondstetter
Did I say I was speaking for the majority? NO. Learn how to read. I really amazes me just how stupid some people can be. Show me where I said I speak for the majority of people here!

You my friend need to go back to school and try not to sleep through the part where they teach you how to read.
When you say "PEOPLE are sick of it", do you not speak for the majority or you generally refer to yourself as the "PEOPLE"? :-D
Old 01-06-2008, 12:12 AM
JRCTT
Instructor

Since when did people mean majority? I think more than one person can be people and since my post earlier had the same opinion "people" are sick of it. The forum is full of bitter ex-cayenne owners...
Old 01-06-2008, 12:48 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRCTT
Since when did people mean majority? I think more than one person can be people and since my post earlier had the same opinion "people" are sick of it. The forum is full of bitter ex-cayenne owners...
You raise a good point.. so I consulted Webster's:
1. a whole body of persons constituting a community, tribe, race, or nation. (it would appear that enigmawmn's assertion could be possible).
2. the persons of any particular group or area (it would appear that engimawmn's assertion could be possible).
3. persons in relation to a ruler, leader, employer, etc. (one might say that the bitter ex-cayenne owners are "Larry's people")
4. a person's family or relatives (___insert name___'s people)
5. the fellow members of one's group or community (uh-oh... enigmawmn, a fine Porsche Cayenne owning lady, is right.. and we'll never hear the end of it)
6. human beings, as distinguished from animals (uh-oh... we do have PIGS).

People... my fellow peoples, can we live in peace and harmony? there are ex-cayenne owners here.... but bitter?? that is such a harsh summary... perhaps SARCASTIC or DELIGHTING IN OTHER'S MISERY... but overall they seem to be a happy lot... like Camelot.. Run away .... Run away....

Have a good rest of the week-end you people?!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:58 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

"relative newcomer" huh? Well, let;s see, it appears that you have been here since July 2006. Drop top has been here since March 2006. I have been here since January 2005. What are you talking about? You might also want to retake the classes where they taught you how to read. Who's the relative newcomer? It would appear to be both you and Droptop
Since I don't know where I am (lingering effects from the medication and the "vacation villa"....still miss Sponge Bath Tuesday nights however), I can't say how long I've been here......

"As for Droptop, I still can't understand why he continues to post here. If others don't think it is a bit ridiculous, than fine, I don't really care. The old (AG had to force porsche to buy back my Cayenne) story is played out. I once was responsbile for representing a major OEM in lemon law cases. I did that for about 18 months. In my experience, about 95% of those people that went lemon law and did not get back into a the same vehicle and/or same manufacturer simply couldn't afford the vehicle and that is why they went Lemon law in the first place. They also were the ones who were the most negative about the brand and the model. It is a justification mechanism for why they don't have a new replacement vehicle of like kind. Since they couldn't afford to get a new one, they bash the hell out of the brand and say things like "will having the porsche crest on the front be worth the additional trouble? that is a question each person has to answer themselves. for me, the answer was "NO!"". Sound familiar? Then, of course, they build up their new vehicle as better. Again, sound familiar.
So, which category am I in, 95% or the 5%? Am I the exception or the rule?
I could really use a professional opinion, since I don't know where I am, how long I've been here, and now you're telling me I don't know who I am.......
Wait a minute, do I even have any money? Where did these cars come from? Who are you people.....

"I don't have anything more to say about this. It seems riduculous, because it is ridiculous. I am surprised I've wasted my time on it, but am quite pleased that both droptop and I have provided the board with some much needed entertainment.
Thanks for contributing, it's what keeps this place "different".
BTW, just an opinion based on experience, but perhaps your legal briefs might be just a little "too tightly wrapped"?

Quick Reply: Porsche warranty