Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 01:20 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uder26
Can't we all just get along?
I'm just guessing here... not sure.. maybe some others can chime in but I'm guessing..... NO!

p.s. FWIW, my "worse than average" 06 Tit.S (15 months, 23K miles) has had ONE J.D.Power "ratings" issue - a sunroof rattle that never duplicates at the dealer with me riding with the tech or on their own.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:24 AM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default hmm...

how is that "phc unavailable" going?

in actuality, had i run across someone like larry before i bought mine, perhaps i would have avoided my detour through the twilight zone. instead all i found was the cayenne cheerleaders. these things are not all sweetness and light. perhaps they are better than your average tahoe, perhaps not. however, i bought mine thinking i was joining a great fraternity of owners of fine cars. well, everyone has to be young and dumb sometime.

how about an oldie but a goodie, madfox's response to my post about wanting to keep it 200k miles....

Originally Posted by MadFox
let's see that's:

120 ignition coils/plugs (hesitation returning at every 20K miles)
6 years of non-update NAV (if he has DVD it'll be something else in 2 years)
8 key fobs (battery life and recalls every year)
4 a/c solenoid replacement (every 2 years)
8 trim replacements for pieces that rattle of on all his interstate miles
96 visits to the dealership (once a month MINIMUM)
10 sets of tires (avg. of 20K miles if mostly interstate)
3 pissed off letters to Peter
and a partridge in a trailer hitch.............
and my name's not Nissan, but perhaps you meant "your Nissan". infiniti and nissan are the same company unlike porsche and vw. however, if parts make the vehicle the cayenne has alot fewer porsche specific parts on it than the FX45 has infiniti specific parts. draw your own conclusions.

Last edited by droptop; 01-04-2008 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:04 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davidbrondstetter
You have no reason to be here other than your own cry baby ax to grind. People are sick of it. You don't even own a porsche.
Why exactly is it you took it upon yourself to speak for the majority? Did we choose you to speak on our behalf? I certainly didn't, as I don't need anyone representing me. Did I miss a forum meeting where everyone appointed a public speaker?
Old 01-04-2008, 10:10 AM
sigs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uder26
Can't we all just get along?
What, are you NUTS? This is the most fun we've had in weeks. In one corner we've got an embittered, tortured veteran of the PCNA wars (with the credibility that embues) who can't understand why everyone else doesn't accept HIS suboptimal solution to a complex problem. In the other corner, we have a relative newcomer who is sure that he can speak for all the rest of us and bases HIS position on worthless polling data.

This may be the closest we get to seeing John McCain debate Hillary Clinton.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:17 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 01-04-2008, 10:40 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by droptop
how is that "phc unavailable" going?
You're a sly one...... Mr. Grinch! ooops, okay... I plead the fifth...or Mr. Chairman, I did not readily recollect that I had recollected incorrectly... uh-hum,

ATTENTION FORUM: I've had TWO issues with my Tit.S (no pun intended)... but I'd forgotten about PHC since I haven't seen it since I took it in... and geez.. if you're going to dig up old threads... I can find posts from Larry that are positive too!
and my name's not Nissan,
If you read how ltc morphed into Larry by a typo "hot" post, then you should henceforth use as your alter-ego the name "Nissan".

Wait 'tis a public forum.. all in favor of having droptop become "Nissan" for all negative posts say "aye"!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:43 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mudman2
Huhn.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:44 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sigs
What, are you NUTS? This is the most fun we've had in weeks. In one corner we've got an embittered, tortured veteran of the PCNA wars (with the credibility that embues) who can't understand why everyone else doesn't accept HIS suboptimal solution to a complex problem. In the other corner, we have a relative newcomer who is sure that he can speak for all the rest of us and bases HIS position on worthless polling data.

This may be the closest we get to seeing John McCain debate Hillary Clinton.
that is just unkind... calling droptop, er I mean Nissan --- Hillary.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:58 AM
alsamrob
Instructor

Great stuff. Keep it going.

Back on topic, other than a service contract from the dealer, had anyone had a positive experience with any third parties? I was ready to pull the trigger with MBA Direct and then I read jcb928's post, and started all over. Leaning toward self funding. t minus 4 month to nakedity.

OT I know, but I am going to debadge the pepper and get a new badge made for it. Volksche Tourenne? Or Porswagen Cayreg. Can't decide.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:08 AM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no, no , no..

i'm infiniti, he's nissan. (although from that vintage perhaps it should be datsun?)

i have been called many things in my life, quite a few unprintable (or unspellable, you ever been cussed out in Ukrainian?), but being compared to a politician... thats low, man.

the last time i checked with CR, they didn't have any recommendations on after market service contracts. by that, i mean there were no companies at all that they would recommend. i would be tempted, were i foolish enough to go naked, to get a really good roadside assistance policy (AAA premier, or something similar if you don't trailer) and self insure. if you can find a good porsche mechanic (as opposed to porsche dealer) it may make the damage less frightful.

however porsche will tell you that the best warranty is, of course, theirs. which can be renewed quite easily by going to your local porsche dealer and trading for a NEW AND IMPROVED trouble free cayenne.

it also gets your teeth 50% whiter....
Old 01-04-2008, 11:14 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have been called many things in my life, quite a few unprintable (or unspellable, you ever been cussed out in Ukrainian?), but being compared to a politician... thats low, man.
Yup
Old 01-04-2008, 11:35 AM
alsamrob
Instructor

no, no , no..

i'm infiniti, he's nissan. (although from that vintage perhaps it should be datsun?)

the last time i checked with CR, they didn't have any recommendations on after market service contracts. by that, i mean there were no companies at all that they would recommend. i would be tempted, were i foolish enough to go naked, to get a really good roadside assistance policy (AAA premier, or something similar if you don't trailer) and self insure. if you can find a good porsche mechanic (as opposed to porsche dealer) it may make the damage less frightful.

however porsche will tell you that the best warranty is, of course, theirs. which can be renewed quite easily by going to your local porsche dealer and trading for a NEW AND IMPROVED trouble free cayenne.

it also gets your teeth 50% whiter....
That may be the outcome of my search as well. I don't need the tooth benny, so I may not be on the sales side of the dealership.

I worked very closely with a Ukrainian for three years, so there is a very good chance I got cussed out and didn't know it.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JRCTT
Hey Nexus...what does this mean for us??? I think I want my $50 bucks back

Is that Hawaii 5-0 I hear in the background...damn
Damn....sorry for having not responded earlier, I just noticed that this thread got pretty active all of a sudden.

Anyways....I just hung up with Ed (who again is the West Coast Operations Manager), and he CONFIRMED that YES unfortunately they are no longer accepting Porsche's for extended warranty (I guess just us Cayenne owners and the repairs that we have needed were enough to make the underwriter go and then ). But he admitted that the sole reason was pretty much because Porsche's high cost of repairs and the underwriters profits ratio was unbalanced.....basically Porsche's (as well as other "high end" manufacturers....he mentioned that Jaguar's were no longer being accepted as well), but we cost the company more than what it was making off of us.

HOWEVER, he CONFIRMED that those of us that had already purchased and was approved a warranty are COVERED in the event that we need them. He said that the underwriter "Capitol Insurance" is the one that we have, and that if we should file a claim, we go through MBA Direct's claim department and they are the ones that will approve the work. I am however going to call Capitol Insurance just to cross reference and verify Ed's info just to be safe. I will report back here my findings.

Jason

Oh and I did ask him about my $50.00 because I never did get a dime from them....he apologized and said that he will definitely look into it and get back to me. He seemed to put more effort in making sure I got my $50.00 then anything else.....when I was telling him "Ed....seriously....I can care less about the $50.00. I just need you to give me the warm and fuzzy that I, as well as the others that purchased extended warranties through your company, that we will be taken care of in the event that we needed you" So again....he reassured me that we are in good hands, and that any and all approved claims filed would be paid out.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:30 PM
alsamrob
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nexus 6
Damn....sorry for having not responded earlier, I just noticed that this thread got pretty active all of a sudden.

Anyways....I just hung up with Ed (who again is the West Coast Operations Manager), and he CONFIRMED that YES unfortunately they are no longer accepting Porsche's for extended warranty (I guess just us Cayenne owners and the repairs that we have needed were enough to make the underwriter go and then ). But he admitted that the sole reason was pretty much because Porsche's high cost of repairs and the underwriters profits ratio was unbalanced.....basically Porsche's (as well as other "high end" manufacturers....he mentioned that Jaguar's were no longer being accepted as well), but we cost the company more than what it was making off of us.

HOWEVER, he CONFIRMED that those of us that had already purchased and was approved a warranty are COVERED in the event that we need them. He said that the underwriter "Capitol Insurance" is the one that we have, and that if we should file a claim, we go through MBA Direct's claim department and they are the ones that will approve the work. I am however going to call Capitol Insurance just to cross reference and verify Ed's info just to be safe. I will report back here my findings.

Jason

Oh and I did ask him about my $50.00 because I never did get a dime from them....he apologized and said that he will definitely look into it and get back to me. He seemed to put more effort in making sure I got my $50.00 then anything else.....when I was telling him "Ed....seriously....I can care less about the $50.00. I just need you to give me the warm and fuzzy that I, as well as the others that purchased extended warranties through your company, that we will be taken care of in the event that we needed you" So again....he reassured me that we are in good hands, and that any and all approved claims filed would be paid out.

I am reminded of the scene in Tommy Boy when he's trying to sell his brake parts and says: "you can stamp 'Guaranteed' on a box of crap, and what do you have? A guaranteed box of crap" .

I hope for your sake that I am wrong, but that conversation would not give me the warm and fuzzy, unless I was wearing flannels and p----ed myself because I wasted 18 hunge. I would look to get out of that contract asap and get some scratch back before the company goes TU. Then begin self-medicating, I mean, self insuring.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:56 PM
slider172
Scared to Look
Rennlist Member

How have you found time to talk warranties while trying not to beat the crap out of your landlord?

Quick Reply: Porsche warranty