Porsche warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Humbler
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Nexus 6
Yea just like JRCTT said....check out www.mbadirect.com . That is where we purchased ours through, and I gotta tell ya...I tried my absolute very best to try and dig up dirt on these guys and nada...nothing. They have been in the business 30 years, are BBB participants and had like 3 complaints logged in the last few years, and all of them were resolved.
FYI - I just spoke to Lula there and was informed that their underwriter that was handling Porsche deals is no longer and they are working on finding a replacement. Guess I'll continue my quest for a decent ext warranty. I'm at 44,300 and counting...
Old 01-03-2008, 09:07 PM
JRCTT
Instructor

Hey Nexus...what does this mean for us??? I think I want my $50 bucks back

Is that Hawaii 5-0 I hear in the background...damn
Old 01-03-2008, 09:26 PM
davidbrondstetter
Advanced

Originally Posted by droptop
as the 05 MY goes, i keep hearing how it is better.....

some people just like porsches, some folks like flogging themselves every morning. i don't pretend to like either. will any random cayenne have more problems than any random infiniti or lexus? statistically, yes, without question. will it be more expensive to fix? absolutely.

will having the porsche crest on the front be worth the additional trouble? that is a question each person has to answer themselves. for me, the answer was "NO!"

Droptop,

You are wrong in your statement "will any random cayenne have more problems than any random infiniti or lexus? statistically, yes, without question"

What is your proof of this? I hope it is not this forum. Just in case you are wondering, I have some proof that states different: http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...df/2007088.pdf

As you can see, Porsche scored better than Lexus and much better than Infiniti in initial quality. Everyone knows what a POS an Infiniti is, so I cant even believe you would make the comparison. So, to answer your question of whether or not any random Cayenne will have more problems than any random Lexus, or infiniti, the answer would seem to be NO! If you want to do that thing where you say the numbers are for Porsche as a whole instead of the Cayenne, I would tell you to look at the productions numbers for the Cayenne versus the other Porsche models. IF anything, the numbers more reflect the Cayenne from a weighting perspective.

Finally, do you still own a Cayenne? I am under the impression that you do not. If your purpose is to ax grind about your own past issues and top bash the Cayenne, take it somewhere else. I for one am getting rather tired of hearing about it. I for one would rather have a Cayenne in the shop than drive one of those porsche wannabees. By your presence here, I am guessing you would too!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:36 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidbrondstetter
Droptop,
You are wrong in your statement "will any random cayenne have more problems than any random infiniti or lexus? statistically, yes, without question" What is your proof of this? I hope it is not this forum....... By your presence here, I am guessing you would too!
oh wow... a tiny voice whispers.. "fore"
Old 01-03-2008, 09:49 PM
sigs
Racer

Originally Posted by MadFox
oh wow... a tiny voice whispers.. "fore"

Fore...Fore...Fore...

Oh, what the hell, just beat him over the head with a 3-wood.

At least he's given my Lexophile wife her best chuckle of the week.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:43 PM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default um...

wow... not sure how to handle this one.....

whatthehell, lets play global thermonuclear war.

first of all, JDPower has a statistic for everyone, its what they get paid for. thinking that those statistics mean anything is like thinking the call girl means it when she says "you're the BEST". take a look at consumer reports and you will find that the cayenne is for 05 on the list of least reliable models. hmm... on the same list for 06. oddly enough, no infiniti or lexus made that roll call.

using your own company though.. .Porsche says its initial quality numbers for October from J.D. Power and Associates show 163 problems per 100 vehicles for the Cayenne, compared with 223 in October 2004 and 233 in October 2003. J.D. Power publicly releases initial quality results once a year and this May said the industry average was 118 problems per 100 vehicles.

for 2006 from cr we have..
Consumer Reports' largest Annual Car Reliability Survey ranks Lexus in first place for predicted reliability of its 2006 models among 36 nameplates from domestic, European, and Asian automakers....Infiniti, which has traditionally been known for making vehicles with outstanding reliability, plunged 20 places in the standings, dropping to 28th from eighth......Porsche placed dead last in the rankings, at 36th overall, down from 26th last year based solely on the problematic Cayenne SUV.

your guess is wrong. i HAD a 2005 porsche cayenne S. porsche was forced to take it back after loosing the lemon law case. it did, however, take the intervention of the arkansas AG's office to get them to do it. it will be a cold day in the inner circle of satan's condo before i ever own another porsche.

your guess is REALLY wrong. i replaced the CS pig with an infiniti FX45, which in the 30k miles i have put on it in less than 6 months has had... lemme think here...nuthin, plus nuthin..carry the nuthin.... NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.

you can say alot of things about a porsche.. the CS will be waxed by an FX45 any day of the week... the nav system will tell you which PLANET you are on with at least a 30% reliability.... the updates for the nav system are much anticipated but rarely seen....bluetooth on the FX45 works much better than the bluetooth on the cayenne...

but reliability and porsche in the same sentence? pul eezze, don't do it around me, i hate the leftover burnt hair smell when lightning strikes someone dead out of a clear sky.

Last edited by droptop; 01-04-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,506 Likes on 946 Posts

Old 01-04-2008, 12:06 AM
droptop
Pro

Default BTW...

don't look to close at that porsche in the garage, if it's a cayenne, it's 80% VW. of course, soon that will be porsche, too.

the cayenne was a great concept, marred by poor execution. the control system is flaky, the computers have firmware "flashes" that may or may not be compatible with the other parts of the system, the dealer service network knows little or nothing about them (except for that mythical "good" dealer). this very thread shows how little faith even the true believers have, needing to find an extended warranty before going "naked".

the cayenne is saved from last place by 3 vehicles. the first year QX56, the VW toureg (which is 80% cayenne, or vice versa) and the range rover. being ahead of range rover is hardly that from which legends are made...
Old 01-04-2008, 12:08 AM
droptop
Pro

and furthermore...nevermind
Old 01-04-2008, 12:11 AM
JRCTT
Instructor

why aren't you on some infiniti forum talking about tuning your ricer?
Old 01-04-2008, 12:20 AM
droptop
Pro

Default oh,

i am on 3 different infiniti forums, along with a miata forum, a tundra forum and two honda insight forums.

however, i would wager i have more Cayenne miles than you do, and i have certainly seen the underbelly of the PCNA beast. since PCNA spent almost two years taking up my time with their babble, i figure i get "grandfathered" into the rennlist. if TPTB differ, they can pull my login anytime.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:25 AM
JRCTT
Instructor

I am sure they love you here and are all old buddies and yes I am the newb it just seems with no intent to ever own any porsche your only point is to bash the cayenne
Old 01-04-2008, 12:28 AM
droptop
Pro

Default hey..

i said it's getting better.

according to consumer reports from 05 to 06 in the reliability section....

"The Porsche Cayenne improved from much worse than average to worse than average, but the Volkswagen Touareg, based on the same platform, didn't improve as much"

so if you want "much worse than average" go with the 05

for "worse than average" go with 06.

just don't plan on going naked.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:29 AM
davidbrondstetter
Advanced

Default I guess you missed the point Drop top.

You have no reason to be here other than your own cry baby ax to grind. People are sick of it. You don't even own a porsche. You are like one of those dudes who takes a Ford badge off their explorer and put a Range Rover badge on it.

Go take up your issues with Porsche directly. Quit wasting people's time with your continued "whoa is me" crying about how bad you were treated and how you had to get help from the Ag's office. NO ONE CARES.

Go get a porsche or hit the road with you Nissan.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:11 AM
uder26
Advanced

Can't we all just get along?

Quick Reply: Porsche warranty