Cayenne Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 05:55 PM
JRCNRING
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cayenne Turbo S

Hi guys,
Well I have searched the forum for a topic regarding the CTTS and have not been lucky finding a threat with info on it.
I was wondering if I could get any feedback from forum members or CTTS owners on the SUV. How it performs, can it be taken to the track?
Where can I get technical specs for it?

We have come across a dealer that has an brand new 06 CTTS with less than 100 miles on it and the right color for my taste.
Originally I was not on the market to find a car like this, but I came across it while visiting the dealer to see the status of my order on my 997 GT3.

I have sort of a dilemma here, we have two cars at home that we don't drive that often. My wife's SLK 350 (its an 05 and it has less than 3000 miles on it) and my BMW M3. My wife's SLK is always sitting there cause her business makes her necessary to use an SUV which in that case she uses a Toyota 4runner we have. On the other hand my daily driver is an M5. My in-laws just bought an 08 Cayenne S and we have had the chance to use it a couple of times for short trips and we liked it very much.
I was thinking of trading the SLK and the M3 for the CTTS. What do you guys think?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:59 PM
wbrownie
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JRCNRING
Hi guys,
Well I have searched the forum for a topic regarding the CTTS and have not been lucky finding a threat with info on it.
I was wondering if I could get any feedback from forum members or CTTS owners on the SUV. How it performs, can it be taken to the track?
Where can I get technical specs for it?

We have come across a dealer that has an brand new 06 CTTS with less than 100 miles on it and the right color for my taste.
Originally I was not on the market to find a car like this, but I came across it while visiting the dealer to see the status of my order on my 997 GT3.

I have sort of a dilemma here, we have two cars at home that we don't drive that often. My wife's SLK 350 (its an 05 and it has less than 3000 miles on it) and my BMW M3. My wife's SLK is always sitting there cause her business makes her necessary to use an SUV which in that case she uses a Toyota 4runner we have. On the other hand my daily driver is an M5. My in-laws just bought an 08 Cayenne S and we have had the chance to use it a couple of times for short trips and we liked it very much.
I was thinking of trading the SLK and the M3 for the CTTS. What do you guys think?
Not sure about how the CTTS performs but are you sure that you have a April 08 GT3 allocation? Production of 08s is schedule to end in November with December delivery. Just wondering...
Old 10-30-2007, 07:57 PM
JRCNRING
Advanced

Originally Posted by wbrownie
Not sure about how the CTTS performs but are you sure that you have a April 08 GT3 allocation? Production of 08s is schedule to end in November with December delivery. Just wondering...
Well that is a good question, the sales person helping me at the dealer told me that he had one person ahead of me for december and that I should expect to get my car on their first allocation for next year which he said it was for april. I wonder if I'm getting an 09 GT3 instead of an 08 and the salesperson has not clarified it.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:37 PM
JRCTT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Um there is a thread just below yours regarding the CTS
Old 10-30-2007, 09:46 PM
JRCNRING
Advanced

Originally Posted by JRCTT
Um there is a thread just below yours regarding the CTS
Thanks, maybe I was searching wrong undert CTTS.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:58 PM
JRCTT
Instructor

Sure thing...not sure there is a lot in there but it is a start
Old 10-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

I said go for it. You're not using the SLK and M3 anyway. The CTTS is the best SUV out there. You can't go wrong with it.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:16 PM
JRCTT
Instructor

I absolutely love my CTT even though it is an 04 beta blah blah blah - I can't even imagine the power on the CTTS, I know the power on mine is nothing short of addicting and the look on some poor sports car guy's face when he gets smoked by an SUV is priceless.

JR
Old 10-31-2007, 02:08 PM
ozr
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by JRCNRING
Thanks, maybe I was searching wrong undert CTTS.
http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...&Number=300577
http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...&Number=303768

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...0&page=0#29600

OZRacing
Old 10-31-2007, 04:19 PM
sigs
Racer

Remember to also search Rennteam and other forums for the CTT PowerKit, which came out in '05 and has the same guts (without the crested headrests, TPMS, and rear valance treatment) as the CTTS.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:21 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Why would you possibly want to track a Cayenne (Turbo S) when you have a GT3? Tow your GT3 to the track perhaps, but drive it on track?
Old 10-31-2007, 10:08 PM
sigs
Racer

Originally Posted by ltc
Why would you possibly want to track a Cayenne (Turbo S) when you have a GT3? Tow your GT3 to the track perhaps, but drive it on track?
Careful there, JRCNRING, you've poked a stick in one of ltc's most sensitive eyes.

Oh, what the heck, let me sharpen that thing for you a bit...

Sounds like a multiple choice question to me, ltc:
a) Because he CAN.
b) Because it's not nearly so out of place on a track as ltc thinks.
c) Because if his region is open-minded, he can run in two different groups and get more track time or at least let his wife drive in the DE without him having to share his GT3 with her.
d) Because it's a whole different perspective on "proper line" sitting that high in a 5300# blunt object.
e) Because, just like any decent NASCAR driver, he'd jump at the chance to track anything from a Formula 1 car to a rocket-powered riding lawnmower.
f) All of the above.

In truth, it's a great deal of fun on the track. It eats tires and brake pads like Trick-or-Treaters wolfing down Snickers bars, and if you don't build in enough cool-down laps your rotors will look like Ruffles potato chips, but it's still worth it for the tiny minority of us who do it.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:38 PM
pwrsurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Took our 06 CTTS to Parade San Diego and my wife & I both autocrossed it (she got 1st.....OK there were only 2 ladies running but a win is a win). It is a spectacular machine. The term "SUV" is soooo not even close to a viable description of this monster. Perhaps "crazed wildebeast on acid during the rut"?
Old 11-06-2007, 11:59 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm just waiting for someone to yell "Fore".......
Old 11-07-2007, 12:07 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
I'm just waiting for someone to yell "Fore".......
okey-dokey....

FORE!

ahhhhhhh, after all these newbie.. retracing history ... RTFT posts.. it felt good to get it off my chest...

Quick Reply: Cayenne Turbo S