Sponsored by:

Updated navigation CDs for 2004 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 10:24 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up the F350 - towed both my auto/motorcycle trailer and towed the boat as well and all I can say it is the "right tool for the job".

With the Cayenne S I would get 11 mpg with the motorcycle trailer crusing at 85 - the F350 Diesel got 21 mpg cruisng at 85 over the same two hour route.

No "!" on the LED trailer lights - the embeded brake controller works well. Pleanty of room with four doors - the ride is surprisinly pleasant - the "King" leather package looks and feels nice. A true "Cowboy Caddiac" (or since it's a Ford would that be Lincoln)?

It's no Cayenne Sport SUV - but then again I have some other cars that can fit that bill - but for a "Truck" - it's the perfect "Heavy Duty Tool"...

Porsche REALLY needs to get a Diesel in their Cayennes...
Old 08-22-2007, 03:29 PM
leek
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towing

No question that the F350 is awesome tow rig. 90% of the time I am not towing so need a jack of all trades type of vehicle.
ltc, go ahead and slam away. I did not say that the electrical hook up was revolutionary, but after reading your histrionics for the last year I expecected a lot more problems getting everything to work. It was simple plug and play with no issues. Sometimes I don't think that you can have any fun unless it comes at the expense of someone else, and that is probably not appropriate. My $.02
Old 08-22-2007, 09:24 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by leek
ltc, go ahead and slam away. I did not say that the electrical hook up was revolutionary, but after reading your histrionics for the last year I expecected a lot more problems getting everything to work.
Histrionics? Great Scrabble word, thanks.

It was simple plug and play with no issues.
IF you have the correct electrical lighting load, e.g. non LED (re: ltc and jfscheck) and/or the correct # of incandescents (re: skl), based on a set of flawed design assumptions, then, as has been previously stated, you will have no "!" issues.
It's when you get "!" issues, you quickly discover the complete lack of design understanding, documentation, training, support, etc that goes into the vehicle.

Suffice it to say, I could count on one hand the # of people at PAG/PCNA who would know more about these things than Larry....even fewer would have a higher IQ......trust me on this.
Larry made a career at reviewing electrical designs and reducing engineers to tears at design reviews. He was truly one of a kind, believe me.

Sometimes I don't think that you can have any fun unless it comes at the expense of someone else, and that is probably not appropriate.
Oh, stop it, you're going to make me blush.

My $.02
Would you like your change back?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:25 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JFScheck
Just picked up the F350 - towed both my auto/motorcycle trailer and towed the boat as well and all I can say it is the "right tool for the job".

With the Cayenne S I would get 11 mpg with the motorcycle trailer crusing at 85 - the F350 Diesel got 21 mpg cruisng at 85 over the same two hour route.

No "!" on the LED trailer lights - the embeded brake controller works well. Pleanty of room with four doors - the ride is surprisinly pleasant - the "King" leather package looks and feels nice. A true "Cowboy Caddiac" (or since it's a Ford would that be Lincoln)?

It's no Cayenne Sport SUV - but then again I have some other cars that can fit that bill - but for a "Truck" - it's the perfect "Heavy Duty Tool"...

Porsche REALLY needs to get a Diesel in their Cayennes...
And exactly when are you going to post pictures of this beauty?
Old 08-23-2007, 12:09 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 963 Likes on 587 Posts

Caught up on sleep Lewis???

BTW, JFS, you got 21 towing with a NEW vehicle?? Better check your figures- the best I've gotten just cruising with NO trailer is 16.5 mpg. It is getting somewhat better with more miles on it, but pulling my enclosed 22' aluminum trailer with race car and misc tools, etc I get 10-11 cruising at 70-75. Not complaining, just stating the facts.

Quick Reply: Updated navigation CDs for 2004 Cayenne S