OT: So, anyone nekkid yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 12:17 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Perhaps you could ask him to get a police sketch artist.....would an artists rendering do?
Yes, it will. As long as it's different from the 2 posted here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/323104-wanted-cool-pic-of-you-and-your-cayenne.html
Old 11-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
once I am naked, my CS will be shown the door faster than one of Nexus's ex-wives

Old 11-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ltc
you don't need performance in your daily driver/SUV.
Well ltc...I am sorry to say it but, I beg to differ with you on that one

The reason I chose the S is because pretty much my entire adult life, I have owned pretty much nothing other then a performance type vehicles. And the reason I made the switch to an SUV is because of my back situation, and how low grounded sports coupes only made getting in and out of them more difficult, and my back paid the price for the next few days.

However, I did have the unfortunate experience of owning a 1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 with the 4.0 V6 and HOLY ****! that thing could not even begin to get out of its own way with the gas applied full throttle! I guess basically in my case....since I had to forgo performance sports cars (which now I have my 350Z back so.....), I would have been damned had I not went with a performance type SUV?

Plus it is kind of fun when you are driving around in tiptronic mode and have some chump trying to drive all aggressively from light to light, and next thing you know his *** gets caught sleeping taking off from a light and he gets smoked by an "SUV"!

Yea...that is always fun

I just cannot wait until retirement next December! If the framework that I am laying down now pays off like i am expecting it too....the Cayenne Turbo is next!
Old 11-16-2007, 07:12 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The point I was trying to make is that, IF.....IF you own 'other performance cars'....Cup car, garage queen Turbo, F cars, etc........then PERHAPS you can have a daily driver that has substantially less performance and serves a different role (economy, luxury, work/towing).

FWIW, I truly enjoyed coming home to a Cayenne free driveway, parking the daily driver and taking one of the other cars out for a spin....but then again, that's me (many of me)....and I'm "special".
Old 11-17-2007, 11:26 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,123 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
The point I was trying to make is that, IF.....IF you own 'other performance cars'....Cup car, garage queen Turbo, F cars, etc........then PERHAPS you can have a daily driver that has substantially less performance and serves a different role (economy, luxury, work/towing).

FWIW, I truly enjoyed coming home to a Cayenne free driveway, parking the daily driver and taking one of the other cars out for a spin....but then again, that's me (many of me)....and I'm "special".
Sorry,

I have a garage queen turbo 3.6 a highway cruiser 928GTS and a track/street beater 964 C2 and I still like the CT for the rest of the time I can fit it in. Even after over 25 years of driving Porsche's I still can never have too much of them. That goes for my CT too. Wish I could retire and sell off the AV and just drive the CT as a DD. However commuting into NYC is a waste of any fine car. Not that the AV is a bad vehicle it is just transportation.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:35 PM
QKENUFF
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc

.and I'm "special".
I'm with you.....
My 04 CTT will be traded next summer when the "lease-turn-back" deal with Porsche is complete. The replacement is still in play, but I need somthing that holds more stuff/people on occassion. The LX 470 is gone (traded for an new MINI Cooper S) and we need a highway hauler/Home Depot wagon for about 20% of our driving. The performance machines will remain a constant, but the expense of the CTT and the endless warranty work has taken a toll. I'll miss the power, and the quiet ride, but will not miss 9,000 mi tire changes, 800 mi on a Qt of Oil, nor the 17 warranty trips to the dealer. Alternatives include the Audi Q7 or believe it or not ....the Buick Enclave. Hardly a performance machine, but well suited for the purpose.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:57 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,123 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Originally Posted by QKENUFF
I'm with you.....
My 04 CTT will be traded next summer when the "lease-turn-back" deal with Porsche is complete. The replacement is still in play, but I need somthing that holds more stuff/people on occassion. The LX 470 is gone (traded for an new MINI Cooper S) and we need a highway hauler/Home Depot wagon for about 20% of our driving. The performance machines will remain a constant, but the expense of the CTT and the endless warranty work has taken a toll. I'll miss the power, and the quiet ride, but will not miss 9,000 mi tire changes, 800 mi on a Qt of Oil, nor the 17 warranty trips to the dealer. Alternatives include the Audi Q7 or believe it or not ....the Buick Enclave. Hardly a performance machine, but well suited for the purpose.
Good Luck with your decision.

I will be naked in August 08. Just about 29k miles so far on my 04 TT, never needed to add a quart of oil although I have changed my oil every 8k miles and I am just now needing to replace my Perelli's. I have never gotten more than 8k miles out of a set of tires on a Porsche, this is a first for me.

I do need new brake pads however but so far the 04 is holding up fine so I figure I will keep mine and see what happens.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:22 PM
QKENUFF
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cobalt
Good Luck with your decision.

I will be naked in August 08. Just about 29k miles so far on my 04 TT, never needed to add a quart of oil although I have changed my oil every 8k miles and I am just now needing to replace my Perelli's. I have never gotten more than 8k miles out of a set of tires on a Porsche, this is a first for me.

I do need new brake pads however but so far the 04 is holding up fine so I figure I will keep mine and see what happens.
It seems you have the golden one. If mine ran that well I'd be thinking of keeping it too.

Best
Old 12-01-2007, 01:51 PM
T2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 48 Posts

Just checked the odometer in our 2004 C-TT - 126,455 miles - other than tires, brakes/rotors, oil changes and normal service we have had to do a water pump, a cardan shaft and the coil packs - yes that's it!! T2 knocks on wood!!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:18 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

So I went partially nude this weekend, leaving the fairly safe confines of a full dealer warranty for the substantially less coverage of a CPO warranty. 17k miles in 14 months.

Quick Reply: OT: So, anyone nekkid yet?