Sponsored by:

Tranny problem- did it happen to you?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 03:32 PM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default well....

if you get 50% lying customers, that is almost exactly half of the lying dealers percentage i have run into.

"your transmission fluid was low, that was causing the problem"

"a reset of the computer will fix it"

"nobody else is having this problem."

"the noise you are hearing is the tires, get some porsche approved ones"

"our technicians couldn't reproduce the problem, and they drove the car extensively (really? did they disconnect the odometer while they drove??)"

and my favorite "of course we have several technicians who are factory trained on the cayenne"

yeah, they just didn't work on mine.

still waiting for them to take it back......
Old 05-24-2007, 03:37 PM
BobbySpeed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
Im not sure how you got confused between checking it as soon as you got home and checking that the paper work you had recived said it was ok.
How did I get confused??? Maybe it was the 5 hour drive with my 5, 7, & 9 year olds fighting over which videos to watch. In my mind "it" was the paperwork, sometimes we forget that people can't read each others minds- I was just pissed off that it happened and thew it ou ther to see if anyone had an idea what was wrong- from experience, or something they read.
Funny how my svc mgr knew what was wrong when I told him what happened before he connected the car to the analyzer (PTWIS?), but all you could do was use my misfortune to stir things up and show off- that's wasn't helpful.
ext time I'll be clearer, and next time you're not sure how you I was cconfused which I wasn't (the invoice was the tool I used for finding out if the fluids were low) you can just politely ask for clarification without the rude grandstanding- then we wouldn't have this disharmony.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:57 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
Wait a minute......Larry was head of a cult? And he drank Kool-Aid? Why didn't I see this before?

Come on kids, no sense turning on one another....not unless there is clearly blood in the water, in which case give me a minute to get my water wings and I'll join you in the shallow end.
Oh God, this is getting hysterically funny........

YES.. dammit Jim (wait was McCoy talking to Kirk or to Jones of Guyana!!).. I mean Larry.. you were our leader (until you died -- hmmm, mysteriously similar to Jones as we think it was suicide) and we drank the Purplesaurus Rex for a long time as alpha/beta Cayenne Cult members!

P.S.......this is the funniest post you've made in a long time.. .Welcome Back Kotter... er Lewis
Old 05-24-2007, 05:10 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MadFox
P.S.......this is the funniest post you've made in a long time.. .Welcome Back Kotter... er Lewis
Sad commentary on the state of the former Cayenne forum.........
It used to be funny every single day.....that is until the "virus" spread and the alpha/beta owners died.....replaced by the 05/06 Pod People, cloned from the original "Defenders of the Cayenne Faithful"
Old 02-26-2010, 07:58 PM
a.irani
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is leaking tranny fluid...it's not coming from the pan...looks like the transfer case per the technical bulletin/recall:
http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/porsche/cayenne.htm

and

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov using NHTSA Campaign ID number : 04V071000

I called both local San Diego Dealers (Hoehn and Pioneer) and either want to honor the recall...but say the vehicle is not within the VIN Range. the manufacturer date on it is: 06/2003

WTF, can these guys get away with this?!?
Old 02-26-2010, 09:01 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Why don't you start your own thread instead of resurrecting old ones with cut and pastes of your same message.

Last edited by touareg; 02-27-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:13 PM
HD2pct
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"..but if you have an intellect greater than that of a drug addict,..."

Are you talking about firehawk? Yeah I can just see him in the corner of the dealership now after hours, sitting on a shop stool, leaning back against the wall, coated in sweat, the free end some surgical tubing between his clenched teeth...a spoon and a candle...a black light poster that he got from Spencer's in the '70s....the faint smell of incense...some Hendricks coming from an old 8-track (buttons are missing but you can still use with a pair of pliers)....

Good stuff.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:21 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Strange comment, really, as I'm sure there are plenty of brilliant drug addicts
Old 03-01-2010, 02:24 PM
HD2pct
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Strange comment, really, as I'm sure there are plenty of brilliant drug addicts
My thoughts exactly!
Old 03-01-2010, 04:26 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes

Originally Posted by a.irani
My car is leaking tranny fluid...it's not coming from the pan...looks like the transfer case per the technical bulletin/recall:
http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/porsche/cayenne.htm

and

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov using NHTSA Campaign ID number : 04V071000

I called both local San Diego Dealers (Hoehn and Pioneer) and either want to honor the recall...but say the vehicle is not within the VIN Range. the manufacturer date on it is: 06/2003

WTF, can these guys get away with this?!?

Quick Reply: Tranny problem- did it happen to you?