Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny problem- did it happen to you?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007 | 08:28 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Talking

brad, what method have you used in the past?
Old 05-11-2007 | 08:30 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

the porsche method
Old 05-11-2007 | 08:34 PM
droptop
Pro

Default i don't feel too bad here

i was told twice that they had to check/top off the tranny fluid, in a supposed sealed system.

the only other transmission i had leak was a F250 at about 230k. but then again it was not the premier german driving machine.

there is no substitute....
Old 05-11-2007 | 09:53 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Brad, went to visit Daytona and Sub Tropcal Storm Andrea complete with smoke efftects from Georgia. Lovely
Old 05-11-2007 | 11:24 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

should come down to miami its benn slighty smokey but beautiful none the less,

drop top......... it is a sealed system but i have seen it low, the other thing id hate to say is that, the tech pulls the car in spends an hour drving it and checking every thing and finds nothing wrong. hes not getting paid unless he does something so he claims he makes a repair, not the right way to do it but i have heard of techs at some dealers that do that. Sounds good untill the dealer buys back a car over repeat "repairs"..........also a good way to get audited
Old 05-23-2007 | 11:46 PM
BobbySpeed
Instructor

I'm back- had family in from all over the country for a wedding on my wife's side of the family and they stayed for weeks.

Brad- they told me they checked all fluids (including the tranny) when I had the car in 2 weeks before that happened. No, I didn't know it's a sealed system, but I was simply passing on what they said- I meant I checked it because I asked about it when it was in the shop swapping out of my snow tire & wheel set. Sorry to mislead, I didn't know it was a sealed system, but I expected them not to lie to me about checking it.

jcr22042- I wasn't bouncing off a rev limiter, they had to install a new speed sensor harness; this was also the reason why when I down shifted using the paddles or the floor shifter there was a lag before it downshifted.
Old 05-24-2007 | 09:22 AM
99firehawk
Drifting

Originally Posted by BobbySpeed
Yes it revved to the red line, but it was in automatic, not manual.

I know because I checked it as soon as I got home.

YOU CHECKED IT WHEN YOU GOT HOME? you live at a dealer?
sounds to me like you were spouting off and got busted and it took ya a week or so to come up with a good story
Old 05-24-2007 | 12:53 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
YOU CHECKED IT WHEN YOU GOT HOME? you live at a dealer? sounds to me like you were spouting off and got busted and it took ya a week or so to come up with a good story
Ladies and Gentlemen..... I give you the "new" Larry! Congrats Brad... truly an honor!
Old 05-24-2007 | 01:05 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

It just really pisses me off, I have customers who lie to me all day, and i hang out here to help people out and people come on here and arent truthfull.
Old 05-24-2007 | 01:26 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
It just really pisses me off, I have customers who lie to me all day, and i hang out here to help people out and people come on here and arent truthfull.
How many lying customers do you encounter on daily basis, Brad? I hope you realize how f-d up this statement sounds.

Before my transfer case was replaced to take care of the clunk, techs at the dealerships that weren't able to diagnose the problem looked at me and their facial expression displayed just that, "There goes another lying customer".
Old 05-24-2007 | 01:38 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Old 05-24-2007 | 02:01 PM
BobbySpeed
Instructor

Let's try this again- I had family in from all over the country for a wedding on my wife's side of the family and they stayed for weeks, hence, Brad I had no time for web forums as all my afternoons and evenings were packed with family events.
As for "spouting off," you've got the wrong guy- I meant that I checked my previous invoice from May 2nd, and they did not write down that they had ro top anything off- which I asked them to do.
I relied on what my dealer told me- maybe they just said it was fine to keep me happy- I readily admitted NOT knowing that it's a closed system; had I really been "spouting off," I would have said that I opened the system and checked the level myself.
Obviously, I should have been clearer and stated that I checked my invoice and it wasn't low- otherwise they would have topped it off (but then, AGAIN, I did not know it's a closed system.
So, BACK-OFF! I was contributing to the forum by providing information I was experiencing, and then the result. Call it a lie if you want, but if you have an intellect greater than that of a drug addict, you would have seen in my post yesterday that I corrected what I said.
Yes, people lie to me all day too, and no, I cannot stand it either.
Congratulations Brad, you've made it to cult status regardless of the fact that you don't know me, and failed to recognize my correction.
Finally, if you are so brilliant (not to mention smug), why didn't you diagnose my problem when I posted it? Probably because you have no idea of what was going on.
The spirit of this and other forums is to provide support- not bash other people because they were not as clear as you wish, or because they relied on information from the service department at their dealership that they did not know. FYI- check to see when I've been here and you'll find a gap of 3 weeks- I wasn't avoiding your question of how the tranny fluid.
Old 05-24-2007 | 02:35 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by BobbySpeed
....Congratulations Brad, you've made it to cult status .....
Wait a minute......Larry was head of a cult? And he drank Kool-Aid? Why didn't I see this before?

Come on kids, no sense turning on one another....not unless there is clearly blood in the water, in which case give me a minute to get my water wings and I'll join you in the shallow end.
Old 05-24-2007 | 03:05 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
How many lying customers do you encounter on daily basis, Brad? I hope you realize how f-d up this statement sounds.

Before my transfer case was replaced to take care of the clunk, techs at the dealerships that weren't able to diagnose the problem looked at me and their facial expression displayed just that, "There goes another lying customer".
Lots....................50% at least, i swear it was just driving and it stopped .
never i was at the gas station and filled the tank with diesel. I have to spend hours tracing a running problem that is just becasue they filled it with diesel
maybe i wont notice right.

or The car i have with water in the fog lamps, the headlamps. the side markers and the trunk
he says the car was out in the rain.........nothing about the 2 foot puddle the car was towed out of.
thats what i have in the shop today alone
Old 05-24-2007 | 03:12 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Im not sure how you got confused between checking it as soon as you got home and checking that the paper work you had recived said it was ok.
I provide lots of help and support on the forum, but there are a few people who I block and have no desire to help them further.............situations like this......

Quick Reply: Tranny problem- did it happen to you?