Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne Stablemate (Slightly OT)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 09:14 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne Stablemate (Slightly OT)

To my Cayenne Forum friends....My CS has a new bunkmate. (See link for lots of pics)

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=34752

Mad Fox, I know you've been looking for a second Porsche. You might want to give some thought to the 993 route. I had an '07 Boxster S on order, but I bagged it for a variety of reasons. Ended up getting the 993 C2S, after consultation with LTC (thanks Big Guy!) and others. In the end, I decided it was a more interesting car to me overall, the price point was right, and the depreciation curve will probably not be very steep if I decide to make a change in the upcoming years. Most importantly, the raw, visceral oldschool Porsche feel really appealed to me, and is a nice combo with the -- dare I say-- more polished (read: modern) Cayenne S.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:39 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 581 Posts

Nice choice- wish I'd never sold my '95 993 coupe- had sport suspension and the good old supportive sport seats... oh well, there are several others I wish I still had but only so much garage space and $$$. I plan on getting a 993 again someday just to play with it!!
Enjoy it!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 432 Likes on 207 Posts

Rome,

Niice car. I saw your post - and recognised your name - but didnt put 2 and 2 together until now!!!

You will enjoy it 100%. All you need now is a 356 and you will have MY garage!!

Best,

Simon.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

nice find. I noticed you blanked the plate in the last picture, but its clearly visible in several others....nice game plate but I prefer the 3 and 4 digit ones.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:45 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shamus
nice find. I noticed you blanked the plate in the last picture, but its clearly visible in several others....nice game plate but I prefer the 3 and 4 digit ones.
Actually. it was the prior owner's plate...and is now extinct I guess. I'm thinking of getting Red Sox plates.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Vino
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rome,

That is a very cool ride!!

I am in search of a 993 C4S or C2S as well just been too busy to really get a mind set, many of them FS with under 20k on the clock just not locally.

There is something special about the air cooled Porsches as you mentioned and IMO the 993 was the best 911 shape yet though the older ones are just as beautiful.
I'll need to see what the true market is for some of these 993's considering the pricing is very wavy and hard to get a good idea what they are worth.

Anyway I'll send a PM to ltc for some guidance when time comes

Have fun and enjoy!

Don't forget to fix your sig!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:35 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Nice one Rome! I've loved my 997S cab and CS combination. For those of us up here in the North who need our year-round "Porsche fix," it really is a must-have combo.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:38 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

We too have the 2 porsche stable- CS Titanium for the wife and 911 cab for me. I must say, as much as I like the cayenne, it's not a true porsche to me- I'm not being a 911 "snob"- it's just that while I love driving the cayenne, it's not a sports car or substitute for the 911 just because it has a porsche symbol. Maybe I need a C4 with winter tires to go with my C2- ha! A 993 C4S would be nice...anyone want an even trade on a '78 VW convertible beetle?

I do love the combo of the truck with the 911/sportscar though...
Old 04-26-2007, 10:16 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rome, this is sweet. Just don't abandon the already abandoned Cayenne forum, b/c with summer around the corner, I'm sure your CS will be spending plenty of time in the garage.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:23 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Excellent choice Rome, you're going to love it. You might want to consider suspension up grades if you think it drives nice as is in stock form... Welcome to the 993/Cayenne world.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:36 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know EW, with two dark colors he may be spending most of his time keeping them both clean
Old 04-26-2007, 11:35 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
To my Cayenne Forum friends....My CS has a new bunkmate. (See link for lots of pics)
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=34752
Mad Fox, I know you've been looking for a second Porsche. You might want to give some thought to the 993 route. I had an '07 Boxster S on order, but I bagged it for a variety of reasons. Ended up getting the 993 C2S, after consultation with LTC (thanks Big Guy!) and others. .
Looks like the inside of Jerry's shop in Natick. If he gives it a clean bill of health, you're in good shape.
P.S. Thanking me in public? In this forum? Not a good career move......
In the end, I decided it was a more interesting car to me overall, the price point was right, and the depreciation curve will probably not be very steep if I decide to make a change in the upcoming years. .
I think you will notice that a 993C2S will NEVER drop below the price point of a Boxster or Carrera (9x6) variety. EVER.

Most importantly, the raw, visceral oldschool Porsche feel really appealed to me, and is a nice combo with the -- dare I say-- more polished (read: modern) Cayenne S.
Best of luck and enjoy!
Old 04-26-2007, 11:44 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Mad Fox, I know you've been looking for a second Porsche. You might want to give some thought to the 993 route. I had an '07 Boxster S on order, but I bagged it for a variety of reasons. Ended up getting the 993 C2S, after consultation with LTC (thanks Big Guy!) and others. In the end, I decided it was a more interesting car to me overall, the price point was right, and the depreciation curve will probably not be very steep if I decide to make a change in the upcoming years. Most importantly, the raw, visceral oldschool Porsche feel really appealed to me, and is a nice combo with the -- dare I say-- more polished (read: modern) Cayenne S.
Cool ride. I'm jealous. I'm conflicted about what to get and when. I've thought seriously about the 993 to get away from the RMS issues on 996... but I like the look of the 997 cab. vs. 993 cab. I want a cab. not a coupe. but the 997 tests your "need" to spend $100K for a car... but, if I got a new one, I'd keep it 10 years or more like the guy you bought your 993 from and it would be the nice day ride since we can have 70 degree winter days down here. CONGRATS.. I may not be too far behind!
Old 04-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Rome,

Congrats on 993C2S. Any 993 is good. They look so classy. Wish I still have my 993 Targa.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:39 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
I don't know EW, with two dark colors he may be spending most of his time keeping them both clean
I think Rome doesn't let his wife & kids go anywhere near his CS. Or was it that he doesn't let his wife & kids go anywhere near his CS with food and/or drinks? If that's the case, he wouldn't have any problems with keeping it clean :-D

Rome, shoes on or off in the new car?

Quick Reply: Cayenne Stablemate (Slightly OT)