Sponsored by:

Hesitation:

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation:

Has anyone encountered 'hesitation' when starting off, turning into a street or otherwise...in a cayenne s?

I'm not talking about a slow vehicle, I'm speaking directly when for example: You're making a left hand turn, and when the traffic clears, you go from BRAKE to THROTTLE and *poof* nothing for about 2 seconds or some period of time.

I have a client who is complaining of this, and I've been expalined to by my tech what it might be- and i personaly have experienced this- I'll share what my tech has said; but first I want to find out what others have been told or what it might be.

TIA fellas!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

most common complain on a cayenne ever,
1st check software for transmission, vechile startining in 1st or second
2nd does driver drive with 2 feet? does the vechile start without hitting the brakes
3rd, update dem software with latest version
Old 04-12-2007, 09:21 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Lots of threads on this. Seems better on the later models than on the '03 and '04's. Software remap also helps (reportedly). Driving with PSM off there is never a hesitation.

Mine's an '06 and I wouldn't exactly call it a hestitation, but there is a VERY slight lag before it spools up (with the PSM on).
Old 04-12-2007, 09:44 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes, slight hesitation confirmed....
Old 04-12-2007, 10:51 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am sure the 06's have a better integrated software than before so the dealer should be able to find it.

Make sure you write very detailed examples of how to reproduce it and give that to them rather than the 10 words they write on the ticket, they can also send that to Atlanta when they need help
Old 04-13-2007, 02:27 AM
charlieXS
Pro

Or you coud try writing them THIS letter:

Dear Sirs,

Recently my 3 children, 2 dogs and I were in our 2006 Cayenne Turbo S and we were visiting my husband the Trial Lawyer for lunch and turning onto Topanga Cyn Rd I noticed a vehicle approaching at a high rate of speed. As I was already partially on the street I pressed down fully on the accelerator as the vehicle closed the distance to my car. The car failed to accelerate and seemed to "sit there" for a couple of seconds before it accelerated. The speeding vehicle came breathtakingly close to my car and the kids watched the car approach from the back window and waved as it sped past, inches from my car. Is this a correct design feature of my Cayenne Turbo S?

Mrs. Cheatem
Old 04-13-2007, 07:41 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Hesitation here. Just part of something I take into consideration when pulling in front of traffic.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

It's on a 06 Pepper S. We put him into an 06 Pepper S loaner- and he reports not having any issue with it.

Ugh! sometimes doing my job is a major F***ing P.I.A! lol
Old 04-13-2007, 11:28 AM
99firehawk
Drifting

sounds like a driver issue, the loaner would do it after he drove it enough
reflash dme and reset adaption
Old 04-13-2007, 11:31 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Driver issue? Are you f'in serious Brad?

Sorry for being so frank but this is NOT a driver issue. Gear changing would be a driver adaptive issue but NOT loss of throttle for a second or two.

**since most of the forums have started becoming bitch sessions and personal attacks, I added a smiley so you understand there is no flame directed at you but rather a stern statement of disagreement with your diagnosis of the problem**
Old 04-13-2007, 04:47 PM
MomentumGuy
Instructor

I've noticed it more when I need to execute a brief "pause" when following someone out of a parking lot into the street. Here's the scenario:

Car in front of me pulls out into traffic. There is enough of a break in traffic to go, but just barely enough so I need to go in a hurry. I don't come to a complete stop, more like a quick jab on the brake pedal (this is probably a quirk of how I drive), and then a fairly aggressive application of throttle to get into traffic.

...nothing for what seems like forever, and then it just takes off.

Sound familiar?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by MomentumGuy
I've noticed it more when I need to execute a brief "pause" when following someone out of a parking lot into the street. Here's the scenario:

Car in front of me pulls out into traffic. There is enough of a break in traffic to go, but just barely enough so I need to go in a hurry. I don't come to a complete stop, more like a quick jab on the brake pedal (this is probably a quirk of how I drive), and then a fairly aggressive application of throttle to get into traffic.

...nothing for what seems like forever, and then it just takes off.

Sound familiar?
Yup. Exactly what I think Myself and the client has and is experiencing. What my tech's have told me is that due to the drive by wire system, if there's even one one-hundreth of applied pressure on the brake, the system will NOT accelerate at ALL. Zilch. And only when it feels no pressure on brakes it'll let'er rip. I explained to the Tech's that no MB product does this (I sell both)- and it's sort of dangerous IMO. But I think due to me being used to 'heel and toeing' after all these years I might just 'drag' my accelerator foot ever so slightly on the brake pedal....

It's just so damn weird. But that scenario is exactly the type that my client is referring to.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:39 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

NOt sure that is valid as well. I have accelerated with the brake pedal still applied......for example, sitting at a red light and while holding the brake start giving gas and moving and then slowly let off the brake. So, I have in fact seen throttle application with brake application.

Whatever is causing the hesitation might be voodoo black magic?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:42 PM
pecivil
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default dang

Wifey and I have noticed this "lag" almost immediately after taking delivery of our V6 06. It is definitely noticeable.

I will try it with PSM turned off.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:45 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Originally Posted by LVDell
Driver issue? Are you f'in serious Brad?

Sorry for being so frank but this is NOT a driver issue. Gear changing would be a driver adaptive issue but NOT loss of throttle for a second or two.

**since most of the forums have started becoming bitch sessions and personal attacks, I added a smiley so you understand there is no flame directed at you but rather a stern statement of disagreement with your diagnosis of the problem**

i didnt say i would be ok with it as i wouldnt, and i didnt say it should work that way but it does work that way , and i would put money on reseting his adaptaion and a reflash would clear his problems for 1000 miles or so.

the dme should cut power with the brakes applied, but it doesnt cut power untill a spefic brake pressure point and rpm, you can brake torque it to about 2800 untill the tranny starts to melt down and it wont pull throttle.

Quick Reply: Hesitation: