Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I crazy, thinking about trading S for Audi Q7

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 03:04 PM
SciFrog
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Third row is not really for adults, that's a given.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Vino
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just saw this posted today-
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3103349

Can't find any other resources about it but a looker for sure, especially the motor. Reading the small article looks like it's coming stateside, no price mentioned, probably in the $90k+ range..

If I had to do a Q7 this would be the one
Old 03-04-2007, 04:47 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I would do it if you need the 3rd seat or dont like the redesign Cayenne.. Q7 ride so smooth even on steel springs, i was looking for the loading level switch on the rear when I test drove one, then I looked at the sticker it didnt have air suspension..LOL For $59K msrp, you get everything aside from the air susp..
and of course the ergonimics is unmatched..
3 months ago Audi quoted me $5K off on the 4.2 premium, $3500 down $639/month 36 mo lease..
Old 03-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

If you need a true 3rd row, check out the MB GL450. Love that thing...
Old 03-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Midnight Blue
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by alex911s
I would do it if you need the 3rd seat or dont like the redesign Cayenne.. Q7 ride so smooth even on steel springs, i was looking for the loading level switch on the rear when I test drove one, then I looked at the sticker it didnt have air suspension..LOL For $59K msrp, you get everything aside from the air susp..
and of course the ergonimics is unmatched..
3 months ago Audi quoted me $5K off on the 4.2 premium, $3500 down $639/month 36 mo lease..
Really? Do you have any of the details on that lease (MSRP, residual, MF, etc.)? Seems like a hell of a deal.

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a Q7 when the lease on my 04 Cayenne S is up at the end of this year. Probably will get an 08 since the residuals will be at their highest. Since I'm getting a Cayman S in the next 30 days or so, I was thinking of the Q7 3.6, but if I could score a 4.2 Premium at that lease rate I'd be all over it.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by Midnight Blue
Really? Do you have any of the details on that lease (MSRP, residual, MF, etc.)? Seems like a hell of a deal.

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a Q7 when the lease on my 04 Cayenne S is up at the end of this year. Probably will get an 08 since the residuals will be at their highest. Since I'm getting a Cayman S in the next 30 days or so, I was thinking of the Q7 3.6, but if I could score a 4.2 Premium at that lease rate I'd be all over it.

GL450 $55,400 BASE MSRP; includes, power everything. Heated seats. CD Changer. Full automatic airsuspension with adjustable ride hight, self leveling and when towing, anti sway technology, AND full power 3rd row with buttons on the 2nd row and back..... 335hp, 7 speed tranny with 'shifting paddles' on the wheel and it got Motor Trends SUV of the year.

Check it out, seriously. It'll cost you ZIP to test drive.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:01 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

GL's are nice but you cannnot get all the equipment offered in the Q7 4.2 premium at $59K..
Old 03-05-2007, 10:54 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Vino
I just saw this posted today-
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3103349

Can't find any other resources about it but a looker for sure, especially the motor. Reading the small article looks like it's coming stateside, no price mentioned, probably in the $90k+ range..

If I had to do a Q7 this would be the one
Now THAT is an SUV.......I may seriously take a look at that one, if it ever gets over here.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:29 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
Now THAT is an SUV.......I may seriously take a look at that one, if it ever gets over here.
One paced me this week-end.. (obviously not a V12D)... driven by some young buck.. he kept coming up and wanting to "race".. wife/daughter in the Tit.S with me... wife reminded me to set the example for our nearing the end of permit stage daughter.. So, no race although it looked like he had a smaller engine.. so I "only" HAVE ONE WORD TO SAY ABOUT THAT PIG.. i.e. IT IS REALLY THE PIG LOOK OF SUV's.... and the word????? F-UGLY. Any honest person here think otherwise?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:38 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Beauty is only skin deep.....especially if you have a V12 TDI.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Midnight Blue
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MadFox
Any honest person here think otherwise?
I like it, though the rear end could be improved. And looks aren't everything (I keep telling myself).

My 04 Cayenne S lease is up at the end of the CY and I doubt that I will be replacing it with another Cayenne. While I have nothing but love for my 04, I now need a 3rd row, more comfortable seats, iPOD integration (I know - now available for Cayenne via Dension) and Bluetooth.

So for me, it's either a Q7 or an X5. The more I look at the Q7 the prettier she becomes.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:54 PM
sigs
Racer

Originally Posted by MadFox
Any honest person here think otherwise?
I am the first one to say that I have never bought a car for looks and every car I've ever driven had some styling or other that I really did not like (even my all-time favorite 993). On the other hand, I certainly have given negative points for looks when comparison shopping. I love the concept of the V12 TDI in an SUV, and I'd be willing to give up all sorts of style points for it. But this thing would have to completely knock my socks off, both on road and off, to get me to buy it. It makes the PAG 300 (er,... Techart Cayenne) look attractive.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:57 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sigs
It makes the PAG 300 (er,... Techart Cayenne) look attractive.
+ 1
Old 03-06-2007, 04:08 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by sigs
... I love the concept of the V12 TDI in an SUV, and I'd be willing to give up all sorts of style points for it. But this thing would have to completely knock my socks off, both on road and off, to get me to buy it.
Point of Parliamentary Procedure:
A V12 TDI won't knock your socks off. With that much torque, it will just pull your socks off.

Torque: There IS no substitute (at least in the towing world)....and in the world of LeMans....witness the all conquering R10, successor to the all conquering R8.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:53 PM
sigs
Racer

Originally Posted by ltc
Point of Parliamentary Procedure:
A V12 TDI won't knock your socks off. With that much torque, it will just pull your socks off.
OMG! Larry is not only having tea with Sir Isaac Newton, he's playing chess with General Henry Robert? Who's next? Julius Caesar?

You're absolutely right about torque. Am all for torque. Love torque. No, I mean I reeeaaally love torque. Will pay big bucks for torque. Would vote for torque for president if it ran.

If I towed a 7,000# boat, I could learn to love almost anything with a V12 TDI. But I don't, and a 7-seater is wasted on me. So, for MY needs, with a face like that, she'd need enough torque to melt my rubbers, coupled with genuine off-road capabilities that would get my rocks off, to make it worthwhile.

Besides, ltc, what's different to you about the other (non-diesel-related) VAG parts in the Q-7 vs.the Cayenne?? I'm missing something there, but that's typical for me.

Quick Reply: Am I crazy, thinking about trading S for Audi Q7