Sponsored by:

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more,

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 12:40 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MadFox
I'm not a blind follower or as some would say "defender of the faith" with the Cayenne. My beta experience was a love/hate relationship. However, my new '06 Tit.S is flawless to date (4+ months and approaching 7K miles) and I apparently have one of the best dealers in the USA where I serviced my Tit.S and my beta.

If you go with a late '05 MY or later, you'll be fine. Remember, forums exist primarily to compare notes on problems and to help forum members confront their dealer with problems.. thus, they tend to be negative... well, they ARE negative is more accurate.. we've had a few "feel good" posts but not many.. thus, remember, you're seeing a very small sampling of the overall population of Cayenne owners on this board. Bottomline, just like any car/truck, your experience will be determined by:

1. Personal driving experience
2. Good/Bad Service Dept. at Dealer
3. Overall quality of the vehicle (over time this gets better)

With my Beta, #1 was huge factor.. #2 was what kept me in a Cayenne
With my Tit.S. #3 is light years from the alphas and betas. I have a spare tire, the cowboy belt buckles were changed, ign. coil redesigned, electrical gremlins cured, no flying rear hatch, blah blah blah..

Test drive, talk with service dept. manager, get a great deal.. with '06 CTTS, I would doubt you could be happier in any other vehicle. Good Luck and go ahead.. you know you want to ... sip the Purplesaurus Rex
I second this motion, My TiT S ( I guess that's what were calling them) is one of the finest all weather touring cars I have owned). No problems with almost 10,000 miles. I am about to find out how the ABQ dealer is in the service department when I call for an oil change. The loner policy will be interesting since I didn't buy it there. But I will buy one there someday if they treat me well.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:15 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yetis
....... I agree with Madfox, though I would put his choice for number 2, at number one. Happy Porsche ownership starts with a decent dealer relationship, and goes from there. While I will not say that my CTT is flawless, its been pretty good so far. I have had the normal issues, the most recent being a dead horn.

I would however, never tempt fate with a comment like this!
When you owned a Beta first... you're NOT tempting fate by saying these things about one's Tit.S!!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:17 AM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default well, it's done...

arbitration hearing took 1.5 hours yesterday. feel pretty good about it, basically the only thing we are arguing about now is what mileage will be used to compute the usage charge. am not really sure that it was a smart move on porsche's part, the difference in charges between their repurchase offer and the start of the problems (ie where i wanted to end the usage charge) vs the cost of flying someone up from atlanta and now having to disclose the CS was returned as a lemon (as opposed to just putting it on the lot as "off-lease") seems to be a wash to me.

however, i have learned that you should not always attribute things to Machiavellian conspiracies or evil intentions which can also be explained by corporate stupidity and inattentiveness.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:48 AM
seedvila
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, what next? I take it you won't be waiting in breathless anticipation for the debut of the new Cayenne.....
Old 02-16-2007, 11:14 PM
droptop
Pro

Default errrr, no

went and test drove a pair of VehiCROSS'es today. not bad, but a little bouncy. will try the LQ470 tomorrow along with retrying the FX45 (what i was getting ready to buy before the cayenne seduced me). probably will also try the new tundra, and a new HD F250.

i will say i love driving the cayenne (when not being blasted by various alarms), and i will probably miss the bloody thing at times. not enough, however, to try again, i don't think. the guy i was test driving the VehiCROSS's with had just come back from an auction where he saw some sub 20k cayennes sold (no idea of year, condition or anything else).

the VehiCROSS has the advantages of being inexpensive and having a RABID user group. there is also a supercharger for it that is nearly as big as the engine.

the LQ470 and the tundra are both toyota. enough said.

the FX45 is a nice ride, and it looks like they went through the same thing with the alpha and beta years getting the kinks out. if i could find the right one coming off of lease.....

even with the 06 price tanking, i don't think i could be persuaded to jump back in....
Old 02-16-2007, 11:28 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by droptop
.....and a new HD F250....

Saw a new 08 Superduty at the local Ford dealer when the bride's Excursion was in for it's 30K maintenance.

Once again, love at first sight.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:01 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc

Saw a new 08 Superduty at the local Ford dealer when the bride's Excursion was in for it's 30K maintenance.

Once again, love at first sight.
Ltc, you need to come to the south, boy.. once you be here.. you'd be in heaven.. in fact, it might make your Coochas extender stand up!

F250 of every type made can be seen on any 5 minute drive down here.. they're a dime a dozen.. now they do have gun racks and mud flaps with sayings like "heart of dixie" and "take my gun, lose your life" ... but, I'm sure a engineer geek with a northern accent would be accepted into the "Deliverance" brotherhood!
Old 02-18-2007, 09:02 AM
droptop
Pro

Default well, went out

for my test driving day. missed the LQ470, but got everything else. my wife still wants me to hit the LQ, but unless it proves to be alot better, i think the FX will be the ticket.. the VehiCROSS would be a great rally car, but it's a little rough for long trips. the new tundra is.... well you just need to go look at one. i swear that the toyota design department has been substituted with pod people.

will probably try to pick up an 05 with 20-30k on it, the new rules on business deductions are not as nice as the old ones were.

at least my local shop can work on it...
Old 02-18-2007, 09:05 AM
droptop
Pro

Originally Posted by madfox
...... I'm sure a engineer geek with a northern accent would be accepted into the "Deliverance" brotherhood!
speaking as a member of the geek brotherhood, i will admit that we have a few yankee's in the guild. we just try to keep them hidden.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:43 AM
QKENUFF
Instructor

Originally Posted by droptop
....however, i have learned that you should not always attribute things to Machiavellian conspiracies or evil intentions which can also be explained by corporate stupidity and inattentiveness.
Insightful comment, and a rather mature response given the acid bath you have been through. It makes me feel better about the process, and brings a bit of clarity to the often bewildering behavior of "them" whoever they may be. Thanks.

Also glad you are in the hunt again. Good luck.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:55 PM
droptop
Pro

Default if you remember the ad....

porsche reminds me of a ad on TV a while back, a large plant has a huge sign on the front that says "we are number 1". a few of the letters fall off leaving "we're numb". i think that is where porsche is now. while i understand that their intentions may have not been evil, stupidity is worse in my book.

i have this long missive to write, castigating porsche for their poor customer service, marketing to people who are ornamental instead of drivers (at the dallas porsche, it seemed like every girl who brought in a porsche was a former DC cheerleader, and the word "like" was used at least twice in every sentence they spoke).

instead though, i think i will go fly up to monet for some cheap gas, and try out the tank repair on the right wing. gives the gods a chance to have another whack at me if they desire<G>.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:57 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MadFox
Ltc, you need to come to the south, boy.. once you be here.. you'd be in heaven.. in fact, it might make your Coochas extender stand up!

F250 of every type made can be seen on any 5 minute drive down here.. they're a dime a dozen.. now they do have gun racks and mud flaps with sayings like "heart of dixie" and "take my gun, lose your life" ... but, I'm sure a engineer geek with a northern accent would be accepted into the "Deliverance" brotherhood!
You forget I have family in GA, south of Atlanta.

However, as I've said before, there is NOTHING more sexy than a woman, in denim work jeans, driving a Cowboy Cadillac (extra credit for diesel and dual rear wheels).
THAT is a keeper.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:06 AM
slider172
Scared to Look
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of problems did they hav with the early Fx models? And when did they fix the issues?
When its time to sell the Seqouia, it will either be a FX or a Cayenne , and I always buy used, so I am interested to know.
Thanks, Mike
Old 02-19-2007, 11:35 AM
droptop
Pro

Default my understanding is

that the earlier versions had some problems with the front suspension and alignment and AWD (sound familiar?). most of your questions can probably be found on www.infinityfx.org , a forum for fx users.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:19 PM
droptop
Pro

Default well,

i test drove a trailblazer SS just to give the american car companies a chance. as with most american iron, was not bad on the straight but got squirrelly quick on the curves. the brakes were spongy and they were smoking by the time we got back from the test drive.

i would give it half a tire out of a max of 4.

Quick Reply: Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more,