Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more,

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007 | 07:23 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Memo to droptop:
Please let me know when I am supposed to act surprised......

Memo to droptop#2:
Told you so.
Old 02-10-2007 | 08:50 PM
droptop
Pro

Default you know

i hate people who read the ending first.

dealing with porsche makes me long for the return of peugeot. who would have believed the french could teach ANYONE about customer service, retention and bad press.....
Old 02-12-2007 | 09:52 AM
droptop
Pro

Default the outfit

they are using is "impartial services group". a websearch on them provides some interesting information....
Old 02-12-2007 | 08:15 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

You know what I'm thinking of saying, don't you?
Old 02-13-2007 | 09:31 AM
droptop
Pro

well, "impartial services" said porsche was only willing to buy it back with a large usage charge (and yes, i remember itc told me THIS too), based on the first time one of their dealers admitted there was a problem with the tranny as opposed to the first time i complained about the tranny (and the dealer said it was the alignment). so, i told them very nicely "thank you" and that i would see what the arbitrator had to say thursday. since they have already admitted that the tranny is bad in the buyback letter, i am not sure what their strategy will be, but i am sure it will be entertaining.
Old 02-13-2007 | 09:41 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

As long as you still have a sense of humor, they haven't beaten you yet.
Old 02-13-2007 | 10:28 AM
wf758
Rennlist Member

Per my other thread...maybe that CTTS is NOT in my future. Your stories are incredible...
Old 02-13-2007 | 12:11 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by willfranklin
Per my other thread...maybe that CTTS is NOT in my future. Your stories are incredible...
I'm not a blind follower or as some would say "defender of the faith" with the Cayenne. My beta experience was a love/hate relationship. However, my new '06 Tit.S is flawless to date (4+ months and approaching 7K miles) and I apparently have one of the best dealers in the USA where I serviced my Tit.S and my beta.

If you go with a late '05 MY or later, you'll be fine. Remember, forums exist primarily to compare notes on problems and to help forum members confront their dealer with problems.. thus, they tend to be negative... well, they ARE negative is more accurate.. we've had a few "feel good" posts but not many.. thus, remember, you're seeing a very small sampling of the overall population of Cayenne owners on this board. Bottomline, just like any car/truck, your experience will be determined by:

1. Personal driving experience
2. Good/Bad Service Dept. at Dealer
3. Overall quality of the vehicle (over time this gets better)

With my Beta, #1 was huge factor.. #2 was what kept me in a Cayenne
With my Tit.S. #3 is light years from the alphas and betas. I have a spare tire, the cowboy belt buckles were changed, ign. coil redesigned, electrical gremlins cured, no flying rear hatch, blah blah blah..

Test drive, talk with service dept. manager, get a great deal.. with '06 CTTS, I would doubt you could be happier in any other vehicle. Good Luck and go ahead.. you know you want to ... sip the Purplesaurus Rex
Old 02-13-2007 | 07:39 PM
droptop
Pro

well, took the CS on my latest "help, my plant has fallen and it can't get up" trip to jackson, ms. it has, on the way, developed a noise out of the front that sounds like you are making a cleanup cut on a precipitation hardened piece of steel in a lathe.

this cannot be good. trying to make it back to AR to get to the arbitration on thursday (will rent a car if necessary).
Old 02-13-2007 | 09:00 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Hmmmn, Larry's sounded like that right before the A/C compressor grenaded, sending shrapel thru the entire A/C system, leading to about $5K in repairs.....covered under PCNA warranty.

Or it could also be the power steering pump bearings.

Either way, uh oh.
Old 02-13-2007 | 11:45 PM
droptop
Pro

Default yeah.....

i really hate it when "EJECT, EJECT, EJECT" starts scrolling across the annunciator. the girl in the starbucks i stopped at for additional caffeine asked "whats wrong with your car as i squeaked up". i replied, "it's a porsche", of course.

she had the oddest look on her face.....
Old 02-14-2007 | 08:10 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by droptop
the girl in the starbucks i stopped at for additional caffeine asked "whats wrong with your car as i squeaked up". i replied, "it's a porsche", of course.
she had the oddest look on her face.....
Whoa, wait a minute.....
Do NOT use Porsche and Cayenne in the same sentence like that.
Old 02-14-2007 | 09:04 AM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ltc
Whoa, wait a minute.....
Do NOT use Porsche and Cayenne in the same sentence like that.
Ahh, I knew there was still some love in there! I guess when someone close to you passes away, you start to look to the good and appreciate things more....

I agree with Madfox, though I would put his choice for number 2, at number one. Happy Porsche ownership starts with a decent dealer relationship, and goes from there. While I will not say that my CTT is flawless, its been pretty good so far. I have had the normal issues, the most recent being a dead horn.

I would however, never tempt fate with a comment like this!
Originally Posted by madfox
However, my new '06 Tit.S is flawless to date (4+ months and approaching 7K miles) and I apparently have one of the best dealers in the USA
Old 02-14-2007 | 09:40 AM
droptop
Pro

yeah, an old pilot ought to know that the gods look down and laugh when someone makes a statement like that...

they laugh as they reach for the flush chain.
Old 02-14-2007 | 12:26 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by droptop
i really hate it when "EJECT, EJECT, EJECT" starts scrolling across the annunciator. ...
I would love to see someone Photoshop "EJECT, EJECT, EJECT" across the multifunction display on a Cayenne, along with the "!".........hmmn, wait a minute, ANOTHER good idea for the Cayenne Forum T-shirt.

Quick Reply: Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more,